Yay!!

Unobtanium

Got my M4 collapsible stock in today! Payed $725 for it and the guy was nice enough to next-day air it. Middle position is PERFECT for an optic! Rear-most position is equal to the fixed stock. Fully collapsed is perfect for stowing the weapon, or running around shooting from the hip just having fun. It locks up very solid, with just a hint of wiggle left/right if physically torqued on a little, but NONE fore and aft. You can shake the weapon and it won't rattle.

I am very pleased with it. It is very high-quality and you can tell that THIS is what was meant to go on the weapon from the get-go.

I was also charged @$200 the other day. Means my Ti mag-tube should be on the way very soon. In 2-3 months, I will buy a T1 and LaRue mount provided Kip's rail is out by then, which I am sure it will be. Waiting on that stipend check...

Edited by Nelli Girl
Inappropriate language

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!

You've made him very happy. :D

ptbarnum.jpg

Problem is, it's not smoke and mirrors, but real marketing dynamics. No more of these are hitting our shores. The market was not artificially driven up, it is a realistic condition that I have watched develope for over a year. I feel that the quality of the stock is roughly equal to the SOCOM, so I payed more than it is worth from a material/function standpoint, but still less than TMV or what I could flip it for.

I think that's a great deal. I looked for a month and paid a hundred more. Without some sort of change in the market, these things are going to become very scarce and more expensive. If anybody wants one, I'd do it now.

And it does change the character of the weapon in a great way.

What is the big deal with these stocks?

I am obviously not into the tactical shotguns, but can not imagine paying some of the prices for the accessories for them. I could see buying an executive turkish walnut stock from the custom shop (for slightly less money) given my interest, so I am not saying you guys are wasting your money...just not sure what the deal is with the outrageous pricing on the tactical shotgun stuff.

What do you do with your shotgun just out of curiousity Unob?

Plinking, clay birds, hunting?

The old Springfield pump behind the front door is starting to feel inadequate whenever I cruise the Benelli site. Maybe I need to play with one of these guns to see what the big deal is:confused:.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't...

Suchs stock are nice to be sure. But, at roughly 45-50% the cost of the weapon itself...man, thats expensive!

Its almost like buying a $12,000 set of tires for my Nissan Titan (using the same percentages, of course). ;)

In all seriousness though, congrats on your new upgrade. If you have the bucks, this type of stock does add a new level of versatility.

Edited by shotgunNoob

Suchs stock are nice to be sure. But, at roughly 45-50% the cost of the weapon itself...man, thats expensive!

Its almost like buying a $12,000 set of tires for my Nissan Titan (using the same percentages, of course). ;)

In all seriousness though, congrats on your new upgrade. I can bet it will come in handy.

Or spending $300 for a date with "Lolita."

In all seriousness though, congrats on your new upgrade. If you have the bucks, this type of stock does add a new level of versatility.

Look at it another way. Owning an M4 without the COL stock is like owning a mustang 5.0 GT (about the same price now as an M4 benelli) and running junk tires vs. some F1's or something on it. The stock is the only part (besides the trigger) that YOU interface with. Much like tires are the only part of the car that ACTUALLY touches the road.

I like performance where the rubber meets pavement, and yes, the tires on my WS6 are all but prohibitively expensive.

What is the big deal with these stocks?

I am obviously not into the tactical shotguns, but can not imagine paying some of the prices for the accessories for them. I could see buying an executive turkish walnut stock from the custom shop (for slightly less money) given my interest, so I am not saying you guys are wasting your money...just not sure what the deal is with the outrageous pricing on the tactical shotgun stuff.

What do you do with your shotgun just out of curiousity Unob?

Plinking, clay birds, hunting?

The old Springfield pump behind the front door is starting to feel inadequate whenever I cruise the Benelli site. Maybe I need to play with one of these guns to see what the big deal is:confused:.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't...

They are so expensive because they are illegal to import, and have been for a few years. Originally they were $175-225. However...supply and demand.

My shotgun is plinking/hunting/SD. Do-it-all basically. I view the stock as an investment, as it will only go up in price month by month.

It does look "tacticool" to be sure. Now, how does it handle recoil?

Also, Im hoping this isnt your HD weapon of choice as Im betting this rig would be a prosecutors wet dream. :)

Given my choice, I would use the Glock 17. However, We have the castle doctrine in my state. Doesn't matter. Guy was in my house. I don't know him. Open/shut. I have not shot it yet, but it should handle recoil just the same as the fixed PG stock. They feel identical on the shoulder and cheek when the COL is fully extended.

A Pontiac guy, eh? Cool deal. I used to own a 2002 Trans Am Ram Air....man I miss that car. :(

Nice, mine is getting me by through college (2001 WS6 M6). They cost SO MUCH to own with all the repairs. GM sells me stuff 10% over cost I buy so many replacement sensors and crap.

Nice, mine is getting me by through college (2001 WS6 M6). They cost SO MUCH to own with all the repairs. GM sells me stuff 10% over cost I buy so many replacement sensors and crap.

I agree...Mine became too much of a burden so it was axed. I spent thousands on that thing; modified intake, GMMG exhaust, short throw shifter, custom emblems, embroidered headrests (the TA bird in silver), 4.10 gears, etc., and countless dyno runs. :D

But, after blowing through 2 sets of gears (the stock 10 bolt just couldnt handle the 4.10s) and expensive timing issues, on and on, it had to go. Plus, I had the bad habit of doing 85+ in various 35 to 45 mph zones (I was younger then, stupid and approached by numerous "victims" trying to prove themselves to me).

Edited by shotgunNoob

I agree...Mine became too much of a burden so it was axed. I spent thousands on that thing; modified intake, GMMG exhaust, short throw shifter, custom emblems, embroidered headrests (the TA bird in silver), 4.10 gears, etc., and countless dyno runs. :D

But, after blowing through 2 sets of gears (the stock 10 bolt just couldnt handle the 4.10s) and expensive timing issues, on and on, it had to go. Plus, I had the bad habit of doing 85+ in various 35 to 45 mph zones (I was younger then, stupid and approached by numerous "victims" trying to prove themselves to me).

Mine breaks enough stock. Got knows it would destory itself with any more horsepower. I am going to give it away or something when I graduate anyways. Vipertime in 2 years :)

I don't think you need to get a T1 sight, most tactical courses I have been to dont really recomend them.

I saw plenty of them when Chris Costa and Travis Haley had pix of their classes posted. Costa was even using one.

Vipertime=time to buy a Viper.

Very nice. I'd consider getting one if I didn't have the 11703. So I'd have to buy the damn recoil tube also at 250 bucks.

I'm waiting on my titanium tube also. I ordered mine in mid april, so I figure I have some time to go.

Let us know how the T-1 works. I've considered it also, but I don't know how much it would help. I'm worried it will crowd the view like my EOTech did.

Very nice. I'd consider getting one if I didn't have the 11703. So I'd have to buy the damn recoil tube also at 250 bucks.

I'm waiting on my titanium tube also. I ordered mine in mid april, so I figure I have some time to go.

Let us know how the T-1 works. I've considered it also, but I don't know how much it would help. I'm worried it will crowd the view like my EOTech did.

I think you really do not need a T1 unless you are sniping things ! up close there is no time to use the T1 , just my thoughts . anyhow it is a cool piece to have !

Edited by heckler&kochp2000

I think you really do not need a T1 unless you are sniping things ! up close there is no time to use the T1 , just my thoughts . anyhow it is a cool piece to have !

The T1 should be faster than irons. I may even go with something like an MRD instead. Maybe Trijicon's RMR will fit the bill. Think about it...

...dot+target=bang.

or

2 rear dots resting on either side and slightly above center dot which is placed slightly below planned POI=bang.

which do you think will be quicker to put a slug or tight-patterning cloud of buck where it needs to go? I know which one I would want to use!