Yay!!

Unobtanium

Got my M4 collapsible stock in today!

About time you lightweight.

I think you really do not need a T1 unless you are sniping things ! up close there is no time to use the T1 , just my thoughts . anyhow it is a cool piece to have !

Red dot = faster than optics.

Point shooting is faster than both, and it means you don't use the optics or the red dot ... but the optic is still nice to have if you feel like aiming.

I've run both, and red dots on shotguns are nice.

I have a T1 on my AR and may consider moving it to my m4 when a proper mounting rail comes out.

Congratulations!

You've made him very happy.

ptbarnum.jpg

Tucker sold all of his ARs.

Tucker consistently makes fun of "tacticool" stuff.

Tucker does not own an m4.

Tucker proudly ran his mouth about voting for Obama.

Tuckers opinion on m4s and their accessories is irrelevant, as IMO he is a perfect example of a Fudd and someone to not take seriously when it comes to "tacticool" matters such as these. :)

ETA - Tucker also wears women's undergarments and speaks with a french lisp.

It does look "tacticool" to be sure. Now, how does it handle recoil?

Also, Im hoping this isnt your HD weapon of choice as Im betting this rig would be a prosecutors wet dream.

Recoil is unchanged.

Cheek weld is sometimes not as optimal, depending on how you hold the weapon and how far the stock is collapsed.

As far as using a shotgun of questionable 100% legality in a HD situation ... my opinion is that survival > all, and the last thing on your mind as you're shooting at intruders is going to be whether or not the stock on your gun is the correct length to please the gun grabbers.

If the stock works well and enables you to shoot better, use it. If you're truly afraid of the potential consequences, get rid of it ... no use training with a weapon you are afraid to use in self defense.

Edited by Duggan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Didn't have but one and the performance to weight ratio was unacceptable for its intended purpose.

- So, you're agreeing that this is indeed a tacticool modification?'

- Well, you got me there. I don't see myself ever owning one either. The horror. The horror.

- Oh my!. It's in bold too! That must be bad? Tell me, exactly what gun legislation has he signed into law since he took office?

Tuckers opinion on m4s and their accessories is irrelevant, as IMO he is a perfect example of a Fudd and someone to not take seriously when it comes to "tacticool" matters such as these. :)

- I can honestly say that I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. In fact, my middle name is indeed Fudd.

- Now I thought we agreed that you wouldn't tell about the things you saw that night. May I still call you "Winky Dinky", now that the secret's out? :p

Never mind, Duhgun.

I found his new gun law. :D

Obama-gun-law.jpg

Also take into account that the man has publicly stated that if it were up to him, he would do away with private gun ownership, but he understands that he could not enforce such a law. He has accepted the inevitable, to some extent.

However, the man is ROYALLY messing everything up. I dislike him due to many a thing, not just his stance on freedom, or his desire to eliminate it.

However, I have nothing against his abortion policy. Abortion never bothered me, and I think it should be a right if you so choose. unwanted children just cause problems. A drop in crime rate roughly 10-14 years after abortion was legalaized underscores this.

So I guess he and I can agree on at least ONE thing, lol.

Edited by Unobtanium

also take into account that the man has publicly stated that if it were up to him, he would do away with private gun ownership, but he understands that he could not enforce such a law. He has accepted the inevitable, to some extent.

However, the man is royally messing everything up. I dislike him due to many a thing, not just his stance on freedom, or his desire to eliminate it.

However, i have nothing against his abortion policy. Abortion never bothered me, and i think it should be a right if you so choose. Unwanted children just cause problems. A drop in crime rate roughly 10-14 years after abortion was legalaized underscores this.

So i guess he and i can agree on at least one thing, lol.

sorry people :o MURDER is Murder whether a an unborn offspring in particular an unborn human baby or a 99 year old person it's all the same !

Edited by heckler&kochp2000

Mine breaks enough stock. Got knows it would destory itself with any more horsepower. I am going to give it away or something when I graduate anyways. Vipertime in 2 years :)

Hate to break it to you bro, but I don't think you would be very comfortable in the Viper. At 6' and about 215 I found them very uncomfortable. I also also had a TA in college (5.0L & 5sp) and it was a complete piece of crap. I will never own another Government Motors product in my life.

I am sure things will only get worse now that The Obamamessiah has virtually given the automakers to the UAW.

For the money I would take a used 911 anyday. No comparison quality wise and is a much, much better road car. Also the winningest race car in history.

Hate to break it to you bro, but I don't think you would be very comfortable in the Viper. At 6' and about 215 I found them very uncomfortable. I also also had a TA in college (5.0L & 5sp) and it was a complete piece of crap. I will never own another Government Motors product in my life.

I am sure things will only get worse now that The Obamamessiah has virtually given the automakers to the UAW.

For the money I would take a used 911 anyday. No comparison quality wise and is a much, much better road car. Also the winningest race car in history.

I have considered a 997TT.

My WS6 is the fastest car I could touch for under 50K excluding a terminator or a Z06. It has it's weak-points, but acceleration makes up for a lot...

I am 5'10.5" and 175# currently. The newer Vipers are a lot more comfortable and generate a lot less heat in the cabin due to how the exhaust is routed.

Cars I am considering:

997TT

Viper

Z06

GT (40)

Or I could wait 2 years instead of one and consider

lightly used

Gallardo

F430

I dunno. Sports cars are my thing, and houses never were. A house will come later. Upper-scale appartment is fine with me for a few years anyways.

- Didn't have but one and the performance to weight ratio was unacceptable for its intended purpose.

- So, you're agreeing that this is indeed a tacticool modification?'

- Well, you got me there. I don't see myself ever owning one either. The horror. The horror.

- Oh my!. It's in bold too! That must be bad? Tell me, exactly what gun legislation has he signed into law since he took office?

- I can honestly say that I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. In fact, my middle name is indeed Fudd.

- Now I thought we agreed that you wouldn't tell about the things you saw that night. May I still call you "Winky Dinky", now that the secret's out? :p

You guys crack me up!!! Better entertainment here than on TV! Tucker, you should be on TV... you'd be funnier that Leno, Letterman, Conan, or Stewart! Think of it , guys: "The Late Show with Tucker Fudd!" And you'd get to wear lots of make-up! (ya' big brute!). But you'd need Duggan as a straight-man... (although your post raises questions about his "straightness"). Keep the funnies coming... BOTH of you!

I have considered a 997TT.

My WS6 is the fastest car I could touch for under 50K excluding a terminator or a Z06. It has it's weak-points, but acceleration makes up for a lot...

I am 5'10.5" and 175# currently. The newer Vipers are a lot more comfortable and generate a lot less heat in the cabin due to how the exhaust is routed.

Cars I am considering:

997TT

Viper

Z06

GT (40)

Or I could wait 2 years instead of one and consider

lightly used

Gallardo

F430

I dunno. Sports cars are my thing, and houses never were. A house will come later. Upper-scale appartment is fine with me for a few years anyways.

Funny, from the pron you posted I thought you were bigger:D. I have been a hardcore GT & sports car nut since about age 7. I go to Laguna Seca & Sears Point every year for the Rolex series, The Monterey Historics & the ALMS when I can make it. Soooo much eye candy (of many types). The Historics are the best if you are into the really high end stuff. My buddy has a 996 & we park in the Porsche corral. Tons of fun, great food, beer and hundreds of millions in the finest toys on the planet.

The Z06 is a ton of fun to drive and very easy to go fast in. Have not driven any of the newer offerings from Maranello, but the Corvette & the Porsche's get the nod for everday reliability & driveability.

I have also been lucky enough to plant my butt in a Carrera GT (but not drive it). A magic car.

I love the GT40's but the ergonomics are lousy. Dan Gurney could not even fit in a stock car & that is how the Gurney bubble came about in those cars. Awesome story behind the car too.

I'm a little envious of the toys you are considering:rolleyes:.

Funny, from the pron you posted I thought you were bigger:D. I have been a hardcore GT & sports car nut since about age 7. I go to Laguna Seca & Sears Point every year for the Rolex series, The Monterey Historics & the ALMS when I can make it. Soooo much eye candy (of many types). The Historics are the best if you are into the really high end stuff. My buddy has a 996 & we park in the Porsche corral. Tons of fun, great food, beer and hundreds of millions in the finest toys on the planet.

The Z06 is a ton of fun to drive and very easy to go fast in. Have not driven any of the newer offerings from Maranello, but the Corvette & the Porsche's get the nod for everday reliability & driveability.

I have also been lucky enough to plant my butt in a Carrera GT (but not drive it). A magic car.

I love the GT40's but the ergonomics are lousy. Dan Gurney could not even fit in a stock car & that is how the Gurney bubble came about in those cars. Awesome story behind the car too.

I'm a little envious of the toys you are considering:rolleyes:.

near single-digit body-fat % makes ya look bigger than you really are.

Yes, I agree with all of the above, except I really like the Vipers, and the driveline is damn near bulletproof.

Fired my M4 with the collapsible stock for the first time today. Tested Remington OOO 2.75" buck and Winchester Hollowpoint 1oz 1600fps generic slugs.

at 25 yards, 4-5 of the 8 buckshot pellets would hit VERY close togather, with the remainder being 6-12" away. By very close, I mean palm of your hand. One 25 yard target actually resulted in 4 OOO pellets putting ONE RAGGED HOLE in the target. THis "cluster" was always dead-center pretty much, with the outliers in no particular place.

At 50 yards 3-4 pellets (probably these center ones) would end up in a 8x8" area.

At 100 ayrds, 4-shots resulted in 1 pellet on-target. I did hold 1.5' high, I don't know if this helped or hurt.

THe slugs were the most accurate I have tested. Sighting in required moving 25 clicks to the left from mechanical dead-center. This is approximately 3.6" at 100 yards. NOT BAD for something that has a removable barrel and removable INSERT in that barrel.

This was also the Alpha testing of my Briley MOD choke. I like it. Very well machined to require such a small shift from mechanical zero.

Slugs grouped excellent. about 4" groups offhand while standing (not counting a couple that I knew I pulled, remember, a shotgun recoils roughly 1/2" while the slug is STILL IN THE BORE! This means you flinch...it shows up!) at 50 yards. At 25 yards, I could kill small bugs like a sledge hammer, could I see them that far away. I blotted out the bulls-eye.

Thus supporting my statement, Remington Sluggers like a looser (IC) choke, and the Winchester stuff likes a little more constriction (M).

The stock really rattled the **** out of me the first 2 shots, then I realised it was b/c it was on the middle notch and I was CRAMMING my cheek bone into it to get a good sight picture. (The middle notch really is for body armor or an optic without body armor). I moved it to the far back notch, and it felt identical to my fixed stock in every aspect but balance, and Kip's titanium tube should arrive soon and balance the weapon out again.

All in all, I am pleased.

When Kip's rail and the funding arrives, I will purchase a T1 Micro or a Trijicon RMR. Leaning towards the T1/LaRue mount. This thing will be absurd 0-100 yards with that setup.

*Of note, EVERY CHOKE I have fired has required a different amount of windage to be zeroed. If you change chokes...check your zero. Removing/replacing the barrel and/or same choke has no effect on zero in my testing.

Edited by Unobtanium

Fired my M4 with the collapsible stock for the first time today. Tested Remington OOO 2.75" buck and Winchester Hollowpoint 1oz 1600fps generic slugs.

at 25 yards, 4-5 of the 8 buckshot pellets would hit VERY close togather, with the remainder being 6-12" away. By very close, I mean palm of your hand. One 25 yard target actually resulted in 4 OOO pellets putting ONE RAGGED HOLE in the target. THis "cluster" was always dead-center pretty much, with the outliers in no particular place.

At 50 yards 3-4 pellets (probably these center ones) would end up in a 8x8" area.

At 100 ayrds, 4-shots resulted in 1 pellet on-target. I did hold 1.5' high, I don't know if this helped or hurt.

THe slugs were the most accurate I have tested. Sighting in required moving 25 clicks to the left from mechanical dead-center. This is approximately 3.6" at 100 yards. NOT BAD for something that has a removable barrel and removable INSERT in that barrel.

This was also the Alpha testing of my Briley MOD choke. I like it. Very well machined to require such a small shift from mechanical zero.

Slugs grouped excellent. about 4" groups offhand while standing (not counting a couple that I knew I pulled, remember, a shotgun recoils roughly 1/2" while the slug is STILL IN THE BORE! This means you flinch...it shows up!) at 50 yards. At 25 yards, I could kill small bugs like a sledge hammer, could I see them that far away. I blotted out the bulls-eye.

Thus supporting my statement, Remington Sluggers like a looser (IC) choke, and the Winchester stuff likes a little more constriction (M).

The stock really rattled the **** out of me the first 2 shots, then I realised it was b/c it was on the middle notch and I was CRAMMING my cheek bone into it to get a good sight picture. (The middle notch really is for body armor or an optic without body armor). I moved it to the far back notch, and it felt identical to my fixed stock in every aspect but balance, and Kip's titanium tube should arrive soon and balance the weapon out again.

All in all, I am pleased.

When Kip's rail and the funding arrives, I will purchase a T1 Micro or a Trijicon RMR. Leaning towards the T1/LaRue mount. This thing will be absurd 0-100 yards with that setup.

*Of note, EVERY CHOKE I have fired has required a different amount of windage to be zeroed. If you change chokes...check your zero. Removing/replacing the barrel and/or same choke has no effect on zero in my testing.

Post some pictures of your new M4 setup!

I thought I looked at page one , which way did it go , which way did it go! Looks good ! Probably it will look slot better after the new magazine.

Definitely, Thanks! and in a couple of months, a T1 sitting in a LaRue.

I love the Collapsible stock. It is built to be mess-up-proof. VERY sturdy design.

Guest cleefurd
It does look "tacticool" to be sure. Now, how does it handle recoil?

Also, Im hoping this isnt your HD weapon of choice as Im betting this rig would be a prosecutors wet dream. :)

How would prosecution follow justified home defense? Even if you splayed the intruder's forehead with the butt-end of the shotgun, the stock does not manifest ill will or intent, the homeowner's will to prevail would be on trial. Hopefully a good defense attorney would argue the stock was an enhancement which facilited ease of navigating in HIS OWN house.

I Don't believe h&k2000's little picture cartoon that states "Stop Abortion - kill sluts" is funny or cute. I't's a sad commentary of his true personality. Unfortunately some gay men just hate women. It's a fact of life.

Holy crap. I missed something. I MISSED SOMETHING!!!!

For the record, I'm straight and I still strongly dislike 90% of the women out there. (notice not hate, hate is a bit strong).

*edit*

Nope, I didn't. Wen't back and saw the .img. Wow, I expected graphics. Pretty mild I think, personally.

Edited by Unobtanium