WTS Benelli Factory 14" Barrel and Receiver

12ga

Greetings,

I am thinking of taking my Benelli M4 SBS and removing it from the NFA registery. I then would like to sell the barrel and receiver with bolt group. The weapon has been test fired only. The barrel has a meprolight front sight post and the receiver has the meprolight rear sights. I do not have a stock available.

The barrel is a factory 14" and not a chop job.

Selling the barrel for $1000.00 and the complete receiver for $500.00. Seeing that a new 18" barrel runs close to $900.00 and that you can't find a factory 14" barrel anywhere, I think its a fair deal. The receiver comes with the bolt, trigger group and recoil tube that is set up for the collapsable stock.

Thank you.

Edited by 12ga

Greetings,

I am thinking of taking my Benelli M4 SBS and removing it from the NFA registery. I then would like to sell the barrel and receiver with bolt group. The weapon has been test fired only. The barrel has a meprolight front sight post and the receiver has the meprolight rear sights. I do not have a stock available.

Was curious what I could get for the barrel and receiver sold separately.

Thank you

I don't think you can remove it once it is added, or is that only for MG's?

Damn you. I want that! ARgggggg!!! WHy is everyone selling the cool stuff RIGHT AFTER I buy my M4S90.

Theoretically...if I bought it from you, would I need to file a $200 tax-stamp and paperwork, or is this barrel/reciever transferrable?

You can remove an NFA item from the SBS status. I have removed a couple from NFA staus in the past.That is why I am going to sell the items separately, so there is no violations. Once the receiver is removed from the NFA registery, then I sell it like any other M4 receiver. The barrel by itself does not need to be registered NFA.

If someone does buy the barrel and they aleady have a receiver, they better make sure they do a form 1 on their shotgun or keep the barrel at another location away from the receiver.

Edited by 12ga

You can remove an NFA item from the SBS status. I have removed a couple from NFA staus in the past.That is why I am going to sell the items separately, so there is no violations. Once the receiver is removed from the NFA registery, then I sell it like any other M4 receiver. If someone buys the barrel, they better make sure they do a form 1 on their shotgun or keep the barrel at another location away from the receiver.

How hard is a form 1 to get approved? How long does it take? Could you sell both items togather without removing them from registry (to an owner in a state where a configuration as such is legal), and if-so, would the buyer need forms?

Sorry, not up on my Forms, etc.

Not sure on how long it will take. There is alot of helpful info on ar.15.com

I am looking to get at least 1500.00 for both barrel and receiver.

If you noticed, the barrels are impossible to find. If anyone has a HK 416 upper, I would be willing to use this as trade value as well.

Thanks

Not sure on how long it will take. There is alot of helpful info on ar.15.com

I am looking to get at least 1500.00 for both barrel and receiver.

If you noticed, the barrels are impossible to find. If anyone has a HK 416 upper, I would be willing to use this as trade value as well.

Thanks

Meh, I WANT! If I could get this transferred over in a reasonable amount of time, I would be interested. In fact, I am very interested. I need to research what it would take to legally take possession.

PM Sent.

ETA: I wonder if I could cross state lines with it, etc. I dunno. This may be a bit prohobitive for me. I posted a thread on ARF.com.

Edited by Unobtanium

Currently, tax stamps are taking 3 to 6 months to process. If I were you, I'd snag the barrel now and keep it at a friends. The factory 14's take forever to find.

You'd need a Form 1. Two sets, two sets of finger prints, two passport photos and then you need to get your CLEO to sign off on it. This is the hardest part. (Chief Law Enforcement Officer). Or go the Corp or Family trust route which adds other issues but bypasses the CLEO authorization.

Then you need 200 dollars. Once approved, you my have the receiver engraved with your name and location. Since you are now the manufacturer of the Class III device.

I believe the lettering must be 3/16" high. I forget the depth. This is typically deeper than a trophy shop can do though.

Consider what you'd need to do for the magazine tube also. If you get Kip's Ti unit, it'll need cut, or you'll need to return to the factory junker. Does the magazine cap screw onto the tube where the extension normally attaches?

Currently, tax stamps are taking 3 to 6 months to process. If I were you, I'd snag the barrel now and keep it at a friends. The factory 14's take forever to find.

You'd need a Form 1. Two sets, two sets of finger prints, two passport photos and then you need to get your CLEO to sign off on it. This is the hardest part. (Chief Law Enforcement Officer). Or go the Corp or Family trust route which adds other issues but bypasses the CLEO authorization.

Then you need 200 dollars. Once approved, you my have the receiver engraved with your name and location. Since you are now the manufacturer of the Class III device.

I believe the lettering must be 3/16" high. I forget the depth. This is typically deeper than a trophy shop can do though.

Consider what you'd need to do for the magazine tube also. If you get Kip's Ti unit, it'll need cut, or you'll need to return to the factory junker. Does the magazine cap screw onto the tube where the extension normally attaches?

I will pass on this one. It would take a lot of paperwork. I would need to hurry up and change a lot of personal ID stuff I don't want to mess with right now. I was hoping that an SBS wasn't such a pain to obtain legally, but it is apparently :(

I'd love to have one also, but I don't find the 4" and -2 capacity to be worth the trouble in the Benelli.

If I was going to go through with the hassle, I'd probably go with the 8" Tromix Saiga.

http://www.tromix.com/images/8inchLage3w.jpg

No reduction in capacity since it's magazine fed, and has a folding stock. I've heard some of the Saiga's won't eat that candy ass valuepack birdshot though. I'm not sure if Tromix branded ones will eat it or not. It has the ability to open up the gas port(s) to help cycle low base rounds. Another example of why the Benelli M4 is a better system.

You could have 3" magnums and 2.75 ***** handicap loads in the same tube and shoot them all day long without adjusting anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Still trying to sell the 14" barrel. Awhile back everyone was looking for these and now not even an offer. It is a factory 14" barrel with a meprolight front sight. Also had the barrel refinished in a HK Black finish.

Thank you.

• 6 months later...
I know this post is dated, but is the 14" barrel still for sale?

Also, I would also klike to know the manufacturer of the rail forend in the picture above.

Thanks

Panabax

That's the Brugger and Thomet rail (Swiss made)

here's a link:

http://www.dsarms.com/Benelli-M4-Quad-Rail-Handguard---BT21353/productinfo/BT21353/

Later,

Hookster :)

• 4 weeks later...
Greetings,

Selling the barrel for $1000.00 and the complete receiver for $500.00. Seeing that a new 18" barrel runs close to $900.00 and that you can't find a factory 14" barrel anywhere, I think its a fair deal. The receiver comes with the bolt, trigger group and recoil tube that is set up for the collapsable stock.

Thank you.

I might buy the 14 inch O.E.M barrel. Question, have you installed the 14 on any 18 with out removing Bolt Group and firing it. I understand the legality in doing so on a different Receiver. I would want to exchange Barrel only and Form one a existing M4. so you understand my question. Thanks, zee.

I might buy the 14 inch O.E.M barrel. Question, have you installed the 14 on any 18 with out removing Bolt Group and firing it. I understand the legality in doing so on a different Receiver. I would want to exchange Barrel only and Form one a existing M4. so you understand my question. Thanks, zee.

Don't know if it helps, but my M-2 14" bbl swaps with any other M-2 bbl just fine. It's just a factory shortened bbl with the sight re-mounted (done by Beretta for LE use). I'd think the SB M-4 would be the same.

Yea, you would think so. But when he states selling the Receiver and Bolt, just wondering if the Barrel is interchangeable with any M4. I would prefer spending one grand, not 15 hundred when it is not necessary.

hey ZEE, yes his 14" barrel will fit your m4. but you will then need to register your m4 as an SBS and pay "the MAN"!!:D