I bet kip knows...

Unobtanium

Guest cleefurd
...The difference in weight between the civilian non-collapsible Benelli M4 PG stock and the collapsible stock w/pistol grip...

My guess is 7-9oz.

• Hunting stock for M4 (straight).................1 lb 5.7 oz.
  • Collapsible stock (complete ensemble)..... 1 lb 9.0 oz.
  • Factory PG Stock (one piece)................... 1 lb 9.7 oz.

.7 oz difference between collapsible and non-collapsible pistol grip stocks (collapsible being lighter as it turned out). Good question. I truly did ensure each variant was complete on the scale too. Results were a suprise.

• Hunting stock for M4 (straight).................1 lb 5.7 oz.
  • Collapsible stock (complete ensemble)..... 1 lb 9.0 oz.
  • Factory PG Stock (one piece)................... 1 lb 9.7 oz.

.7 oz difference between collapsible and non-collapsible pistol grip stocks (collapsible being lighter as it turned out). Good question. I truly did ensure each variant was complete on the scale too. Results were a suprise.

:(

Well at least...now we know! Thanks Kip!

I saw I was billed the other day for my Ti tube. When should it ship? (10-14 days like your site says, or maybe sooner? :) )

Guest cleefurd

I had to revise the site details as they relate to billing. Intuit's Merchant Services Dept informed me recently that CC authorizations expire after 30 days. Additionally they prefer I not wait beyond 2 weeks after order is placed to process payment, due to preferences dictated by the majority of CC providers. Please PM your first/last name or order # and I will give you an ETA. (I know you told me once when we spoke but memory fails). A considerable portion of the back-orders will ship BEFORE mid June now that we are past a Govt order (non-related items) that had slowed tube production cadence.

On a similar note... the Germans LOST our tooling order for the picatinny rail project, so I canvassed domestic tooling providers and "viola!!!", got overnight service for what the foreign experts took 5 weeks to "blank" on. So production on them is now resuming.

Dodged that bullet. :p

Thanks for the tech data. you saved me a thousand bones (maybe :p ).

The perceived weight difference may be that the majority of the weight on the collapsible stock is at the rear, while the pistol grip non-collapsible model is evenly distributed.

The straight stock's missing weight is likely due to the absence of the pistol grip itself.

Come on April Ti tube orders!

Guest cleefurd
Dodged that bullet. :p

Thanks for the tech data. you saved me a thousand bones (maybe :p ).

Come on April Ti tube orders!

ALL of April's orders will ship by Monday guaranteed.

Everything up to April 9 has already shipped.

Finally shipping faster than booking since the machines are free of collateral duty, and hand has healed.

Unobtanium... does that cover you?

ALL of April's orders will ship by Monday guaranteed.

Everything up to April 9 has already shipped.

Finally shipping faster than booking since the machines are free of collateral duty, and hand has healed.

Unobtanium... does that cover you?

Here is my order:

Invoice ID: 0000001312

Order Date: Sat, Apr 25, 2009 19:34:18

YAY! I am covered!

*How's the rail coming :)?*

PS>

I am very impressed with your operation Kip. You quoted a wait-time of 4-6 weeks. You have delivered on schedual. Such a RARE! occurance now days. +1 on accurate ETA's, good communication with your customers, and a high-quality product that wasn't rushed to hit a deadline but rather made the deadline set by virtue of quality production proceedures and proper work ethic.

Edited by Unobtanium

Guest cleefurd

Well.... some were long overdue. Fortunately we are catching up and the time curve is just beginning to converge with ETA's. People's patience has been humbling, and appreciated. The custom tooling for the rails is now in hand, expect pre-anodized photos within a few weeks, then the only delay will be lead time for anodizing, where the choke mounted recoil reducers/muzzle brakes will complete as well. Two new products for the store.

Also we have finally begun the titanium bolt knobs, which will be TiAln coated. The drawings for the US made gas pistons, triggers, disconnectors are being finalized, but are several months out.

Well.... some were long overdue. Fortunately we are catching up and the time curve is just beginning to converge with ETA's. People's patience has been humbling, and appreciated. The custom tooling for the rails is now in hand, expect pre-anodized photos within a few weeks, then the only delay will be lead time for anodizing, where the choke mounted recoil reducers/muzzle brakes will complete as well. Two new products for the store.

Also we have finally begun the titanium bolt knobs, which will be TiAln coated. The drawings for the US made gas pistons, triggers, disconnectors are being finalized, but are several months out.

Outstanding work Devil Dog. I'm excited to see what's coming out. If you had them up on the site, I'd preorder a rail, bolt knob, pistons, a trigger, and a disconnector today. I know I'm going to end up checking your site weekly. I hope you don't sell out too quickly!

Besides that, my tube order was mid-April, so I feel good about it being shipped out next week ... Except that I'll be out of town that week. Oh well. It'll be waiting when I get home.

Edited by LeoAtrox

You are the man.

wow. that is awesome news. you truly are the man.

Guest cleefurd

Pretending not to hear... but thank you. First I must deliver, then I'm the man for a day or two. Until the next project I start pulling my hair out on. I still say it's a collective effort, and all YOUR inputs contribute to the outcome such that there is no one man, but rather an army who's voice is audible.

Kip, any chance you could weigh an M4 with your Ti tube/spring/factory everything else and tell us what it weighs (and which stock is on it)? I know I COULD just subtract the weight difference of your Ti tube from the factory weight, but I would trust your #'s over the factory weight, which who knows what hardware was on it when it was determined. I am curious what it weighs with your Ti tube. Total weight of the weapon (empty).