M4 Muzzle break.

ERdept

Look on the forum. It is mentioned in numerous threads that I forgot the links to. It will be ready when the rails are.

I searched under M4 Brake, M4 muzzle brake, and muzzle brake and can't find it.

Oh well, I suppose I'll hear about it when it's completed.

Is a muzzle break on a shotgun as brutal on the ears, as a break on a rifle? If so, I think I'd have to pass. I have a .300 win. mag. that has a break and it's miserable to shoot without hearing protection.

I have owned a Kick's choke, which is the same thing pretty much, and I couldn't tell a difference.

Why are you shooting a .300 without ears?

I have owned a Kick's choke, which is the same thing pretty much, and I couldn't tell a difference.

Why are you shooting a .300 without ears?

I carry and use plugs with mine...even when I hunt. But I've had a buddy manage to get a shot off with it, before I had my plug in correctly...and it was pretty bad.

Guest cleefurd
I searched under M4 Brake, M4 muzzle brake, and muzzle brake and can't find it.

Oh well, I suppose I'll hear about it when it's completed.

I typically used Benelli's nomenclature; "Choke mounted recoil reducer" when referencing it. Try searching that name.

The first 42 muzzle breaks are complete waiting for anodizing (8 of the original 50 are heading to our troops as a gift). Ours will be hard coat anodized (not type 1 decorative anodized like SW)....

....and have the first two rows of holes angled forward like the OEM (real Benelli) models did. This creates an outdraft that makes the final 18 holes (3 rows) more efficient. Costs more to manufacture this way, but we figured a faithful repro is the best repro since Benelli built it well....

....ours come with a stainless heat treated choke mount in "Improved Cylinder" configuration. (other chokes special order until we enhance inventory)....

... MUST be marked "US" since it is a line item (muzzle attachment) as defined in the infamous 922R law.

They (muzzle breaks) will anodize when we send out the 100 picatinny rails, which are scheduled to complete within two weeks, so depending on lead time for anodizing, we expect both products to begin shipping in just over 1 month.

Look for them in our store by July 1st, and anticipate pricing at approx;

• $104 for Muzzle Break/Choke combo
  • $44 for spare chokes
  • $69 for picatinny rails

I'll post some pre-anodizing photos of each tonight or early tomorrow as promised earlier.

Edited by cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

The brake's lower ports do not harm mag/nut extensions at all, and associated carbon wipes easily from hard-coat anodized surfaces.

Yes that is the MAIN reason we are producing the muzzle break, to compliment the lengthened nut that holds an 8th round. Sort of a "Chicken-or-the-egg" quandry we found ourselves in. Truly the extended capacity device you mentioned DID come 1st, and will be returning after an extended hiatus, but most of us on this side of the "pond" consider it odd to see the barrel surpassed by the mag tube, conversely the Europeans actually equip and train breachers with lengthened mag tubes and associated "submission" facets which help protect the rebated barrel when employed against an object.

The extended nut will expend the convenient spring retainer held in the M4's fixed tube, allowing the spring to extend up to the new capacity, being held only by the nut much like the M1 variant/SBE family does.

Edited by cleefurd

Very nice. Yet another product that I want. Hopefully it'll be on the burner sooner rather than later.

Will the spring you supply with the Ti tube work with this extension, or is it going to require a longer spring?

Is this brake considered a breaching brake, or a componsator? There was another company that made a breaching device for the muzzle of the Benelli. But they refused to sell to law abiding citizens. Even said no way to GSC's.

Royal Arms if I recall.

I have no need to breech doors, my interest is in a comp to speed up my follow-up shots. I'm not familiar with the history of the Benelli produced brakes. Any back story?

Guest cleefurd

The Benelli ones still come up on GB auctions from time to time, but VERY pricey. I bought mine in El Paso in 1996. Don't trust it to be OEM without the box it came in.

The brakes I make are exact OEM copies, only differ in that they have a 1mm tall stamp indicting "US" origin since it is a muzzle attachment as defined in the 922R law.

Our breacher version of it looks almost identical, with a removable external knurled thread protector on the front end, protecting rebated threads that allows a heat treated steel breacher ring of assorted configurations to be readily attached. Basically a modular version of the OEM clone. Ours WILL be sold to all markets. I have dealt with Royal Arms, who also sells products through Brownells and direct to DOD. They do have an unorthodox philosophy, but believe me the items ARE legal to sell to civilians.

Edited by cleefurd

The Benelli ones still come up on GB auctions from time to time, but VERY pricey. I bought mine in El Paso in 1996. Don't trust it to be OEM without the box it came in.

The brakes I make are exact OEM copies, only differ in that they have a 1mm tall stamp indicting "US" origin since it is a muzzle attachment as defined in the 922R law.

Our breacher version of it looks almost identical, with a removable external knurled thread protector on the front end, protecting rebated threads that allows a heat treated steel breacher ring of assorted configurations to be readily attached. Basically a modular version of the OEM clone. Ours WILL be sold to all markets. I have dealt with Royal Arms, who also sells products through Brownells and direct to DOD. They do have an unorthodox philosophy, but believe me the items ARE legal to sell to civilians.

Is the material the same as Benelli uses?

What choke-tubes are used for these?

Guest cleefurd
Is the material the same as Benelli uses?

What choke-tubes are used for these?

The choke tubes are drop shipped to us from a DOD supplier (I don't build them) that would probably stop selling them to me if I fingered him... not stone-walling here, this is the truth.

As for the material, it is heat treated stainless steel, but "they" won't tell me if it's 17-4, or other.

In the future I may be having Trulock run some for us, but that will most likely hike the price a good deal, since even a non-externally threaded extended choke from them runs over $40. Buuuut, Trulock makes a darn fine choke.

The choke tubes are drop shipped to us from a DOD supplier (I don't build them) that would probably stop selling them to me if I fingered him... not stone-walling here, this is the truth.

As for the material, it is heat treated stainless steel, but "they" won't tell me if it's 17-4, or other.

In the future I may be having Trulock run some for us, but that will most likely hike the price a good deal, since even a non-externally threaded extended choke from them runs over $40. Buuuut, Trulock makes a darn fine choke.

Can this choke be purchased in MOD constriction? Or just IC only?

How does this extended IC choke do with buckshot compared to the OEM MOD choke? Have you patterned it?

Guest cleefurd
Can this choke be purchased in MOD constriction? Or just IC only?

How does this extended IC choke do with buckshot compared to the OEM MOD choke? Have you patterned it?

• Yes they can be had in standard array, "Cyl"/"IC"/"MOD"/"F"/"XF" etc.
  • Currently we only inventory the "IC" to ship with the Brakes in our 1st batch.
  • The choke supplied with the Brake will be optional in the near future.

While I have shot the OEM brake with extended "MOD" choke for years in my M1 and M4, I have not patterned it against a standard length choke, nor have I shot the newer "IC" samples we just received. I suspect they'll give predictable patterns, with fewer abberations which is an extended choke's claim to fame... less abrupt constriction and resultant deformation.

I'd give anything for enough spare time to do thorough testing of patterns at the range, but for now the extent of my testing is Rockwell, scratch, peel, RMS surface, refractometer/coolant, comparator, etc. For now I have to rely on the choke maker's reputation and seperate testing as valid. But I AM JEALOUS and hope to suppement their tests with some of my own soon.

Edited by cleefurd

• Yes they can be had in standard array, "IC"/"MOD" etc.
  • Currently we only inventory the "IC" to ship with the Brakes in our 1st batch.
  • The choke supplied with the Brake will be optional in the near future.

While I have shot the OEM brake with extended "MOD" choke for years in my M1 and M4, I have not patterned it against a standard length choke, nor have I shot the newer "IC" samples we just received. I suspect they'll give predictable patterns, with fewer abberations which is an extended choke's claim to fame... less abrupt constriction and resultant deformation.

I'd give anything for enough spare time to do thorough testing of patterns at the range, but for now the extent of my testing is Rockwell, scratch, peel, RMS surface, refractometer/coolant, comparator, etc. For now I have to rely on the choke maker's reputation and seperate testing as valid. But I AM JEALOUS and hope to suppement their tests with some of my own soon.

I am dying to know who makes these and what possible use the DOD has for them. I have never seen this employed (not that I have BTDT or anything, but still, you would think pictures or something would hit the 'net).

I am interested in this system with a MOD choke, whenever it is available.

Guest cleefurd

UNOBTANIUM

Check your PM in a few minutes for a link to their.....

"Tactical & EOD Equipment for Law Enforcement, Military and Government".....only items.

They are good people, with an elitist defect. Oh well, we all have our quirks.

Guest cleefurd
I am dying to know who makes these and what possible use the DOD has for them. I have never seen this employed (not that I have BTDT or anything, but still, you would think pictures or something would hit the 'net).

I am interested in this system with a MOD choke, whenever it is available.

Remember "DOD" goes well beyond any agency/dept we consider main-stream.

Guest cleefurd

Thanks Jonathan,

We are happy with the choke tubes, but do aspire to work out a deal with Trulock for an even better tube, free of the "bindings" from our current supplier. I'm headed to the shop for the next 10-12 hours. See you tomorrow, photos by then too for some of these items. The picatinny rail pictures will be of the top side only, since we won't fixture for the bottom radius until all top-sides are complete.

Thanks Jonathan,

We are happy with the choke tubes, but do aspire to work out a deal with Trulock for an even better tube, free of the "bindings" from our current supplier. I'm headed to the shop for the next 10-12 hours. See you tomorrow, photos by then too for some of these items. The picatinny rail pictures will be of the top side only, since we won't fixture for the bottom radius until all top-sides are complete.

Do you think the trulock tube is better, or just more...accessible?