WTB Nova, central + north FL

thebiggiantkevin

Wanting to buy a Nova. Must be in good working condition with no mechanical problems. I don't mind a few scratches.

I want to deal face to face (so I can check it over before I buy and save shipping costs), I'll pay cash. I live in Tampa and I'm willing to drive up to north FL, or even Valdosta area to meet.

If interested, send me a PM and we'll work out a deal.

Thanks,

Kevin

Wanting to buy a Nova. Must be in good working condition with no mechanical problems. I don't mind a few scratches.

I want to deal face to face (so I can check it over before I buy and save shipping costs), I'll pay cash. I live in Tampa and I'm willing to drive up to north FL, or even Valdosta area to meet.

Thanks,

Kevin

E-Mail sent.

Guest cleefurd

Thanks,

Kevin

EDITED version;

Kevin needs a reasonably priced Nova via FTF. I challenged him a bit being his 1st post... very rude of me perhaps. He was a good sport and now I feel sort of bad. Somebody sell him this gun. Would appear he can vouch for his elligibility to own one, and no snooker is afoot.

Good luck and I hope you find one here!!!

Edited by cleefurd

Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but if it makes you feel any better... I live in Tampa, I'll be traveling to Valdosta, GA next week to visit my brother who lives up there. I also have a trip planned for Panama City (in the north FL panhandle) to visit friends.

So I wont be blowing any gas money or driving half way across the state just to buy a shotgun.

If I was looking for a new gun I'd gladly pay shipping to a FFL (which I've done in the past), but I'm not going to blow shipping money or commit to purchase a USED firearm without personally checking it over.

If I wanted to buy a firearm "off the books", I'm sure I could find something local, and I wouldn't be too picky. In fact there was a gun show here last weekend. If I were trying to purchase a firearm illegally, posting my intent all over the internet would not be logical. You can also see my other solicitations at rugerforum.net (where I have 62 posts) and shotgunworld.com and armslist.com. I tried craigslist, but as you probably know they are anti-gun :-(

Sorry, I have no obligation or intention to provide you any means of assurance that I can legally purchase a firearm. Not because I'm hiding anything, but because I have a policy against releasing my personal information to the entire planet. It's the sole responsibility of the individual who sells to me. But I understand your concern. All I can say is that I am legally able to purchase a firearm, and that I have legally purchased several firearms in the past.

I have bill of sale that I use when buying and selling. You can find it in my website. I'll link to it from my personal profile homepage. Your welcome to use it yourself.

Thanks,

Kevin Wilson

Tampa, FL

Hopefully in the future I'll be adding significantly to my current 3 post count. I own 2 rifles and 2 handguns (at the moment) but I've never owned a shotgun. I want to supplement my home defense Ruger SP-101 .357. After some research I've decided that a shotgun is what I need, and Benelli makes the best. I also like the idea of using it for hunting. In fact, my uncle hunts deer up in IL where rifles are not allowed. I just wish rifled barrels were cheaper :-(

I'd love to get a new one, but cash is a bit tight. I try to tell my wife a new one ony costs an extra $150, but she thinks it's a lot to spend on *another* gun. So hopefully I can find a good used one. While I'm rambeling, I should mention that were moving to KS in a couple months, which is why I'm traveling all over the state visiting family and friends - it'll be a while before I see them again :-( So if you have a nova for sale, don't hesitate to contact me!

Thanks,

Kevin

Guest cleefurd

Kevin needs a reasonably priced Nova via FTF. I challenged him a bit being his 1st post... very rude of me perhaps. He was a good sport and now I feel sort of bad. Somebody sell him this gun. Would appear he can vouch for his elligibility to own one, and no snooker is afoot.

Good luck and I hope you find one here!!!

Welcome to the Benelli Forum by the way. Very good place to hunt on that make/model.

Edited by cleefurd

Hey cleefurd, no worries, no offense taken :-) To be honest, I was a bit dismayed that I would be interrogated after my very first post. I was thinking the welcome wagon needs a bit of help!

But I totally understand your concern. Theres a lot of people who have have not demonstrated the prerequisite personal responsibility required for gun ownership. I wish we could do more to keep guns out of their hands.

Good grief, Kevin... Novas are cheap enough brand-new here in Texas... around $325 at Academy. You want one for less than that? Wouldn't you rather have a new gun than one you know nothing about? We couldn't be talking about more than $100 difference, I would think. Save your money and get a new one would be my advice. Best of luck on your "adventure." Hope you end up with something you're happy with. Let us know how it turns out.

P.S.

Search: Gunbroker.com for the latest used offerings. FFL transfers are not a big deal... just costs a little more (average price = $35). BUT, most are used guns (="pig-in-a-poke"... meaning you never know for sure what you are getting in a used gun till you get it).

Hi MontefeltroPro,

I've checked my preferred local gun shops and they don't have any new Novas, just Super Novas for $450+. So the new vs. used price difference is close to $200. I suppose if I can't find a good used one, I'll see if they can order one for me. But then I have to wait (not a big deal) but it becomes a hassle if I have to return it to the store for exchange (they'll have to order another one). I'm moving in a couple months and don't want to leave before my Nova gets delivered.

Of course I could just get a Remington 870... naaa :-p

Kevin,

Please give Pat's Pawn & Gun(Certified Benelli Dealer) in Leesburg Fl. a call. These are the best bunch of guys I have ever bought a gun from. They have a selection of new & used guns that is impressive. They are usually always willing to go down from the sticker price, and many guns that have been there for a while still bear the original price put on them when they arrived, and have not been adjusted for "inflation". I know for a fact that there were Novas on the rack when I was there last week. If you were heading up I75, and got off at the Wildwood exit, it would only take 15-20min down 44 to get there.

They can be reached at 352-787-1131 with any questions. Ask for Darrin, or Rusty, as they are the most knowledgable with shotguns