Benelli M1 Super 90 Problem - HELP!

tacticalreload

I am having a problem with an M1 and I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me diagnose the issue.

When firing, the next round fails to feed -- this happens maybe every 3rd or 4th round. The front of the shell is not going up high enough to line up with and feed into the chamber. All it takes to solve the problem is to push lightly up on the bottom of the carrier. This pushes the shell up slightly and it drops right into the chamber.

It just seems that the carrier isn't lifting the round up high enough (or quickly enough) to feed properly. As an FYI, I just swapped in a new recoil spring; but it was doing this before the change, as well.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I am having a problem with an M1 and I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me diagnose the issue.

When firing, the next round fails to feed -- this happens maybe every 3rd or 4th round. The front of the shell is not going up high enough to line up with and feed into the chamber. All it takes to solve the problem is to push lightly up on the bottom of the carrier. This pushes the shell up slightly and it drops right into the chamber.

It just seems that the carrier isn't lifting the round up high enough (or quickly enough) to feed properly. As an FYI, I just swapped in a new recoil spring; but it was doing this before the change, as well.

The recoil spring was fine, I bet it jams even MORE now that you have a new one, yes?

You need to replace your mag spring if my above was correct.

I cannot help you with that problem , But maybe you can help me by taking a picture of your M1 super 90 , I want to see if the sling loops are in the same place as my M4 thanks.

It's actually a friend's M1 so I'm not 100% sure if it's worse now than before, but based on your logic... it probably is.

So you're thinking that the mag spring is weak and it's not punching the fresh round out fast enough... and that now that the recoil spring is even stronger it's speeding up the bolt and creating an even more noticeable problem?

The mag spring was going to be the next thing I was going to change, but I didn't want to just start changing parts and hoping for the best without some guidance. Thanks!