SBE 2 or Cordoba

Robertson07

I hunt ducks/geese (which means shooting in low light occasionally), but I also do a lot of sporting clay shooting as well. the 3.5" is not THAT important enough to me to completely rule out a cordoba.

I have shot the 12ga SBE 2 and love it. I was just trying to figure out if the speed, less recoil thus better accuracy (according to the web site) of the cordoba was worth the extra money over an SBE 2 or are they pretty much the same its just the SBE 2 gives you the extra option of 3.5" shells...

So does your cordoba kick less than than the SBE? Can you tell a major difference? I have looked at getting a Vinci since it is a pound lighter, but i am a little iffy since it is the first gun with the new system... I am curious about the Vinci's kick also, but not many people have shot one to compare between the three.

I am really trying to do some research before I drop such big $$$ on a new shotgun. I really wish there was a place around here I could test out the three guns, but no so fortunate!

So does your cordoba kick less than than the SBE? Can you tell a major difference? I have looked at getting a Vinci since it is a pound lighter, but i am a little iffy since it is the first gun with the new system... I am curious about the Vinci's kick also, but not many people have shot one to compare between the three.

I am really trying to do some research before I drop such big $$$ on a new shotgun. I really wish there was a place around here I could test out the three guns, but no so fortunate!

It might be smart to find a place that has all three guns and take I drive over there. There is a place about an hour and a half from me that lets you shoot the display models at some clays. I think thats worth the extra time and money to get the gun that fits you the best.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the exact same issue last fall in deciding which gun to buy. I ended up buying the 28" Cordoba, and a hunting buddy of mine bought the 26" SBE2 this spring - both of them are 12 ga with black synthetic stocks. I really have enjoyed shooting my Cordoba. I have shot both of them and here are my thoughts:

If you want a shorter barreled gun, go with the SBE2, as the Cordoba only comes in 28 and 30"

1. You didn't specify if you are looking at a camo or black synthetic. The grip coating on the black synthetic Cordoba has a really nice feel, much much better than the SBE2 that doesn't have the grip coating. I have heard lots of comments from people that they really like the "feel" of my Cordoba.

2. The ported barrel makes a small but noticeable difference in the muzzle rise over the SBE2. The downside is that it really barks, fine if you are shooting sporting clays with ear plugs in, but not as good if you are in the duck blind.

3. The extended chokes are nice to have and are easier to change out faster (if you change a lot of chokes). You can also buy the extended Crio chokes and put them in the SBE2 (I have verified that they fit).

4. Removing the plug on a SBE2 is a pain in the rear and requires some dissassembly. The plug in the Cordoba can be removed in about 20 seconds. Dumb design by Benelli, I don't know why the SBE2 doesn't have the better design.

5. In theory, the Cordoba should be a faster shooting gun, as it only has 3" of travel for the bolt, whereas the SBE2 has 3.5".

6. The Cordoba has a slightly better balance "feel" to it in my opinion - it is a really nice swinging gun.

Let me know what you end up deciding.

kick what kick the vinci in my opinion has no kick at all compared to my wingmaster and my dads o/u the muzzle climb is less than a ported trap gun i had it tested and its the perfect weight for swinging threw the targets trap skeet or sporting clays and Im sure its gonna be a amazing duck gun I im gonna go pheasent and dove hunting this year so that will be interesting also along with my passion of duck hunting but the vinci is the real deal people think its gonna fall apart once you put it together u know its not coming apart its great you wont be dissapointed

If you only use it for hunting get a SBE2. But if you shoot trap or skeet alot you might prefer the cordoba. I am thinking about getting one. The only difference between the cordoba and super sport I can tell is the finish. The super sport has a carbon fiber finish with a stainless steel bolt and extended chokes. The cordoba has a plain black finish and black extended chokes. They both come with raised combs and they are ported other than finish no difference as far as I can tell.

Cordoba

Super Sport

SBE 2

BenelliCSSSBE2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I came very close to buying the super black eagle, as well as the m2 field this past month, but i decided to go with the vinci instead. I can tell you one thing you will not be dissapointed with the vinci, it has a feel and swing that cant be matched. The things that sold me on this gun are the extreme ease of dissasembly, the way it comes up and points for me, and the balance this gun has. Cleaning my guns isnt one of my favorite things, but with this gun it is beyond easy and thats worth the price alone. As far as not shooting 3.5 shells, it really didnt matter to me. I had a supernova for years and never shot one 3.5 incher. They are too expensive and are pretty much never needed. So in my opinion go with the vinci, but if thats not your style the supr black eagle will be awesome!

I just bought the Cordoba 20ga and I can't say enough good things about this gun. I thought about the SBE but I decided that I really wanted a 20ga. I can't wait to use the Cordoba this upcoming dove season. I'll be hunting whitewings north of Sealy on opening day. I think the Cordoba will be great for those fast flying teal too!!