how much??

sbeIIfan

No go in Cali; the shops figured that out about 15 years ago.

While they can only charge $35 to DROS a single gun PPT by statute, they can charge anything they want for a dealer to private party transfer as long as they list anything over the $35 as a 'dealer' fee.

While a decent store will not go overboard, some simply hate these deals and will not do you any favor, I don't really blame them though unless it is a special order or custom work.

Kinda hard to stay in business processing someone else'e gun sales for $25.......

mudhen - CA

I have a couple of locals who hold FFL's just for the purpose of getting guns for good customers and friends.

I see what you mean about CA, though.

I checked out transfer agents for Bakersfield area on gunbroker.com and found that most are charging pretty steep rates.

Its like you said mudhen "Kinda hard to stay in business processing someone else'e gun sales for $25......."

I know the stores in my area charge 50 bucks to the average joe. If we CAN'T get the type of firearm a customer is looking for we'll knock off 15 bucks. Its unusal being that we're a class III dealer, but occasionally we can't get something. On a different topic tucker301 the guy's you know that hold FFL's do they have gun shops? I know you didn't have to own a "store front" in the past in order to obtain an FFL but I believe its necessary now a days. Purpose of my question is do they let you keep your FFL if you had it prior to the criteria changing? Do they grandfather it in?

Even though my friend and boss is a class III dealer (as previously mentioned) I wanted to get an FFL for myself. The main reason is so I would be able to get firearms at dealer prices down the road. However now a days you have to maintain a "store front" before our good friends at the BATFand E will issue one. As I understand it. Well I missed the bus on that one. Its like the machine gun law in 86. (I was only 13 then) I would have bought as many machineguns as I could afford in 85 if I knew than what I know now. A 500 dollar gun than could fetch you 15,000.00 now. Plus you could go full auto. yeehaw!!!!!!! I know a guy that scooped up a bunch of auto sears back than for peanuts. Now there worth thousands. A little piece of metal machined the right way....