Knife Ban

pattonwr

This is like a week old, it's not going to go anywhere or there will be a massive poopstorm.

I predict this will end the same way the "omg all lake city brass must now be destroyed" episode ended ... in humilation and loss of face for the demoncats, which is perfectly ok in my book.

This is not to say that we should not stay vigilant ... it is just saying that this particular issue is so absurd that even non weapon users are saying WTF.

So would my RMJ Tactical Tomahawk be considered a knife?

I recommend you guys establish SOP's for the significant other and yourself any time you go to Wal-Mart or any store that sells ammo. Buy any and all Buck and slugs. Then a minimum of 2 boxes of valuepak birdshot on every trip you make there.

Set goals for ammunition on hand. Such as 500 rnds of 12 gauge. Then try to go to 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000...

I'm currently at around 3000 for 12 gauge.

I reload pistol and rifle ammo. I've got enough supplies for that to make Obama cry. I want to get a MEC shotgun reloading press to load buckshot. I've been collecting high brass hulls for years. Sourcing components is tough though...

Plus, I probably have 30 different types of hulls. So that would complicate the loading process.

I predict this will end the same way the "omg all lake city brass must now be destroyed" episode ended ... in humilation and loss of face for the demoncats, which is perfectly ok in my book.

Outside of the shooting community, there wasn't any real attention to the brass issue. And the truth is, sale of brass that hasn't been destroyed is still up to the bases/armories that provide them. Many of the major bases are still destroying them. So, while the Obama administration reversed its decision on mandating the destruction of usable brass, there's still only about 50% that escapes to civilian reloaders.

I recommend you guys establish SOP's for the significant other and yourself any time you go to Wal-Mart or any store that sells ammo. Buy any and all Buck and slugs. Then a minimum of 2 boxes of valuepak birdshot on every trip you make there.

People like you are the reason whenever I go to walmart looking for ammo they are out :p

So would my RMJ Tactical Tomahawk be considered a knife?

Set goals for ammunition on hand. Such as 500 rnds of 12 gauge. Then try to go to 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000...

I reload pistol and rifle ammo. I've got enough supplies for that to make Obama cry. I want to get a MEC shotgun reloading press to load buckshot. I've been collecting high brass hulls for years. Sourcing components is tough though...

Plus, I probably have 30 different types of hulls. So that would complicate the loading process.

Shhhhhhhh, NOBAMA may be listening!!!!!:D

I take it as a compliment.

That's the way I've dumped 10k through my M4. Got lucky today and got some rifled hollow point slugs and some birdshot.

I have "only" about 500 buckshot and 250 rifled slugs, and a few hundred birdshot rounds.

I feel this is adequate for my own uses ... as a non hunter, my only real use for an m4 would be for second line home defense, fun, competition or zombies.

I have over 20,000 5.56x45 and 7.62x39 rounds ... because whenever given an option, I'd take a rifle any day of the week over a shotgun.

I also feel that assault rifles and their ammo are much more likely to take a hit, WAY before smoothbore shotguns, and as such I have focused most of my ammo money on rifle rounds.

Pistol rounds hover around 6,000 depending on what I shoot

lolsupguys.jpg

9c3b3446.jpg

Edited by Duggan

Just in case, right!

Well, it's win-win.

If ammo gets banned, I have plenty to shoot.

If I need it for SHTF, I have it to shoot in a pinch.

If I need money, I can resell it for profit.

I see no reason not to invest in ammo ... well, at least back when it was available for a reasonable price. The most I ever paid for 1k brass 5.56 was $240/k, now it is consistently around $500/k for M193.

Perhaps someday the price of ammo will come down, and I won't feel bad about dipping into my stash.

All firearms are pretty much expensive paperweights without ammunition. I just did a rough count, and I have approximately 50,000 rounds of handgun ammunition on hand. I reload, so it's fairly cheap. Think around 7.50 per 100 9mm, 9 or 10 per 100 45acp.

Just time intensive even on my Dillon 650. My mailman had to deliver 15 boxes that weighed 70 pounds each in one trip. He was no happy.

I've been collecting supplies for rifle ammunition for a while. I just haven't pulled the trigger on a big bulk order of supplies yet. Rifle primers are about as rare as dignity in congress.

All firearms are pretty much expensive paperweights without ammunition. I just did a rough count, and I have approximately 50,000 rounds of handgun ammunition on hand. I reload, so it's fairly cheap. Think around 7.50 per 100 9mm, 9 or 10 per 100 45acp.

Just time intensive even on my Dillon 650. My mailman had to deliver 15 boxes that weighed 70 pounds each in one trip. He was no happy.

I've been collecting supplies for rifle ammunition for a while. I just haven't pulled the trigger on a big bulk order of supplies yet. Rifle primers are about as rare as dignity in congress.

Do you know, you have more handgun ammo then all the walmarts in the US on any given day. Whats your address. I need to know where to run to when the next civil war comes.:rolleyes:

At my Wal-Mart, we haven't seen a single box of 9mm or 45acp in 6 months.

They have purchasing limits of six boxes per day too. For a while, even the birdshot was out.

I'm actually looking to build a pistol caliber AR15 so I can shoot regularly. It's much cheaper/easier to reload for. Should work well in the typical zombie ranges. I've been doing a little research, but I don't really know what brands are the best. I want to stay away from the SBR side this time, because traveling state to state is a PITA.

Quite funny to see my mailman who is a contractor have to haul this:

3524317439_f54344bc30.jpg?v=0

There is literally a ton of lead under here. NOGO on shelves.

3538452964_e5e5e1fcaa.jpg?v=0

As far as a good .223 pistol, I have had good luck with the Keltec PLR-16. Feeds and functions with anything in223/5.56 family. It uses M-16 mags, same as my AR's, good, as a SBR, without the travel hassle, has a rail with a laser and a red dot, exceptional accuracy too. (With a good sling set-up you can shoot it almost as accurately as a rifle) Just my 2 cents.:D

I didnt bother with the link. Personally, Im sick of reading this "anti-weapon" BS which essentially spirals down to nothing less than mindless thug hugging and the inevitable empowerment of criminals. Although, Im not sure how this thread (starting with knives) wound up being about ammo restrictions. However...

It would not surprise me if, one day, we are forced to use mere blunt objects for personal protection. Even then, Im sure some type of restriction(s) will be placed on such items.

..Excuse me sir/madam...but do you have a permit for that bat? Is it used for "sporting purposes only?"....ad nauseum. The insane/laughable/pathetic/narrow-minded crap regarding weapons will never cease...nor cease to amaze. All the while, criminally minded individuals will continue using "banned" and/or "heavily legislated" weapons against law abiding (and defenseless) citizens.

Politics (not to mention media) at its worst...using, upholding, hiding behind, and abusing First Ammendment rights while defaming, dismissing, misinterpreting and otherwise illegitimizing Second Ammendment rights (while obviously turning a blind eye to rationale/reality/evidence/history). Pure crap.

Edited by shotgunNoob

It's the age we live in sadly ... personally, I blame the hippies for the downfall of American society.

True. But, at least these "hippies" could/can choose to indulge in "mind altering" drugs and multiple sex partners in order to compensate for reality. The rest of us, well...

True. But, at least these "hippies" could/can choose to indulge in "mind altering" drugs and multiple sex partners in order to compensate for reality. The rest of us, well...

Funny, I have done both of those and I'm still reasonably grounded in reality, or at least I'd like to hope. :)