Nova Issue

GA Quackhead

I have a Nova 28" Max-4 HD and I have had issues with the pump binding up when cycled. It is fairly new, as I got her in a trade not sure exactly how many rounds it has cycled. It appears not many. Is this just a wear-in issue? Or are there bigger issues? Any fixes suggestions?

I have a Nova 28" Max-4 HD and I have had issues with the pump binding up when cycled. It is fairly new, as I got her in a trade not sure exactly how many rounds it has cycled. It appears not many. Is this just a wear-in issue? Or are there bigger issues? Any fixes suggestions?

I don't think its a "wear" issue. I have thousands of rounds through my Nova's and they run great.

Cycled empty?

If empty, did it cycle before you traded it? If it did, have you taken apart the gun and cleaned it? If you haven't taken the gun apart, that would be the first step. If you don't know how to take it apart, PM me and I will walk you through it. I don't know what would bind up the action unless something is bent or if it wasn't put together right. Although, I don't think you can get the gun together if something is in the wrong place.

Let me know

Novaking

Edited by Novaking

I have cleaned it very well. And it does cycle efficiently, just seems to catch a little. It appears the pump is contacting the reciever at just the right angle to drag a little. The forearm has just enough vertical movement when stroking to cause contact. Not really a huge deal, but can be distracting on doubles. Just not at smooth as most pump guns I've used int the past (primarily 870s). I have a student with a SNova that practically cycles itself, and it has the same vertical slop to the forearm. It is a backup to my M2. Just a little distracting when shooting clays yesterday.

My super nova is much smother than my 870 and I have shot doubles with both. I think you are pumping to fast and not all the way. Maybe you aren't used to pumping a 3.5" chamber? Just try taking a little time to pump make sure you pull all the way back. Good luck.

a-s-sume makes an a-s-s out of u and me

No short-stroking going on here. I shoot a supermag regularly. The problem lies at the begining of the cycle when the forearm first contacts the reciever. When I go to pull the forearm it raises ever so slightly enough to contact the reciever.

maybe its bent take the fore arm out and check the metal if its just a back up I wouldn't worry about it as long as it cycles and goes bang twice :)