SuperNova ejects loaded shells out the bottom instead of into the chamber.

tyson129

When I load up my supernova into the magazine loading port the lever stays up sometimes instead of dropping down. Then when I go to chamber a round it will drop the live shell out the bottom instead of into the chamber. Sometimes it will load a round but when I eject the shot and pump reload the next shot it will drop the shell out the bottom. It doesn't happen every time but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem or knows how to correct it.

So, the gunstore didn't tell you it was the new Brady approved, self unloading model that you bought? This awesome new development in firearms technology is meant to protect you FROM yourself, and to save all the innocent lives that would inevitably be lost if you decided to take your "well being" into your own inferior, incapable, untrained criminal hands. Guns are used for killing only, and killing is bad, so you should thank Benelli and Brady for giving you a true "less than lethal" model.

What I would suggest you do, to be really safe (since lets be honest, the criminal is probably just going to take your gun and use it on you anyways), is to store your gun disassembled, locked in individual containers in separate locked safes. That way, there is very little chance that you will ever be able to hurt yourself or anyone else by wielding a dangerous firearm against a poor person who probably just accidentally stumbled into your house to ask for a cup of sugar for his aging grandmother.

Another option would be to simply sell the gun if you are too foolish to realize all the awesome benefits of the Benelli Brady™ self unloading model. Less guns on the street = proven decrease in crime, because without guns how can you have shootings? It's simple math. With the ~$500 you could get for the gun, you could buy yourself a pallet of Obama campaign posters, which you could plaster all over your house. When the poor, innocent "intruder" breaks in, he probably will probably stop dead in his tracks and fall to his knees, in order to praise the true Lord and Savior Of The Universe that he sees all over your walls.

You could also use all those posters of Glorious Leader as padding ... if you make a big roll of them and then hide inside the roll, you are likely to be very cushioned from any and all blows by The Ones image itself. Government paper is actually very high quality and will absorb a lot of shock, so if you stay perfectly still and let people take whatever they want from your house, they will likely tire of kicking your Savior padded body ... that is, if they even had the gall to attack His Image in the first place. This is really your best line of defense, in my expert opinion.

If all else fails, you should abandon your home and give it to those in TRUE need, aka the good people who have been forced into a life of petty crime by Americas racist, intolerant and inequitable middle class, such as yourself. That guy deserves your house more than you do, heck, YOU basically built that house with the blood and sweat of the poor people you trampled along the way. All the "intruders" are doing is claiming their birthright, because without them to leech off of, you never could have afforded that house or your Benelli Brady ™ in the first place.

I suggest you take your place in the unemployment line with the rest of us and be happy that there are people so empathetic in the government ... I mean, you are now eligible for unemployment, food stamps, free healthcare, workmans comp, disability, debt consolidation and elimination, government subsidized living, free food at soup kitchens, bi monthly welfare checks, child support if you can get a sympathetic judge to rule in your favor, no more mortgage payment, standard of living raises ... it's the life I tell you.

No need to thank me for my consulting services, I'm just here for the free food and warm vent to sleep next to at night.

Edited by Duggan

Now that Duggans done, I'll give it a try.:confused: (pretty funny though)

If your lucky, your not maybe pushing the shell into the mag. tube all the way.

If your not so lucky, It would be your shell stop or the carrier is messed up. The carrier will stay up until you press the action release or pull the trigger.

You can try using a knife or a little more difficult your finger to pull the lever down after you load it. This would cure not pushing the last round in all the way, if you are lucky and this is the problem, or you could just push it.

The thing Obama doesn't understand is if you outlaw guns the law abiders don't have guns and the people that already have guns illegaly, robbers, will still have guns.

a-s-sume makes an a-s-s out of u and me

So, the gunstore didn't tell you it was the new Brady approved, self unloading model that you bought? This awesome new development in firearms technology is meant to protect you FROM yourself, and to save all the innocent lives that would inevitably be lost if you decided to take your "well being" into your own inferior, incapable, untrained criminal hands. Guns are used for killing only, and killing is bad, so you should thank Benelli and Brady for giving you a true "less than lethal" model.

What I would suggest you do, to be really safe (since lets be honest, the criminal is probably just going to take your gun and use it on you anyways), is to store your gun disassembled, locked in individual containers in separate locked safes. That way, there is very little chance that you will ever be able to hurt yourself or anyone else by wielding a dangerous firearm against a poor person who probably just accidentally stumbled into your house to ask for a cup of sugar for his aging grandmother.

Another option would be to simply sell the gun if you are too foolish to realize all the awesome benefits of the Benelli Brady™ self unloading model. Less guns on the street = proven decrease in crime, because without guns how can you have shootings? It's simple math. With the ~$500 you could get for the gun, you could buy yourself a pallet of Obama campaign posters, which you could plaster all over your house. When the poor, innocent "intruder" breaks in, he probably will probably stop dead in his tracks and fall to his knees, in order to praise the true Lord and Savior Of The Universe that he sees all over your walls.

You could also use all those posters of Glorious Leader as padding ... if you make a big roll of them and then hide inside the roll, you are likely to be very cushioned from any and all blows by The Ones image itself. Government paper is actually very high quality and will absorb a lot of shock, so if you stay perfectly still and let people take whatever they want from your house, they will likely tire of kicking your Savior padded body ... that is, if they even had the gall to attack His Image in the first place. This is really your best line of defense, in my expert opinion.

If all else fails, you should abandon your home and give it to those in TRUE need, aka the good people who have been forced into a life of petty crime by Americas racist, intolerant and inequitable middle class, such as yourself. That guy deserves your house more than you do, heck, YOU basically built that house with the blood and sweat of the poor people you trampled along the way. All the "intruders" are doing is claiming their birthright, because without them to leech off of, you never could have afforded that house or your Benelli Brady ™ in the first place.

I suggest you take your place in the unemployment line with the rest of us and be happy that there are people so empathetic in the government ... I mean, you are now eligible for unemployment, food stamps, free healthcare, workmans comp, disability, debt consolidation and elimination, government subsidized living, free food at soup kitchens, bi monthly welfare checks, child support if you can get a sympathetic judge to rule in your favor, no more mortgage payment, standard of living raises ... it's the life I tell you.

No need to thank me for my consulting services, I'm just here for the free food and warm vent to sleep next to at night.

Doogie, you sarcastic dude!... what a piece of work. Loved it. Keep it coming... Tucker will be jealous of your literary wit. But I gues someone should consider helping this dude since we are a "user-friendly" forum. Hope that happens. Right now I'm laughing my back end off! Don't know what to tell him anyhow... sounds like a weird situation. I thought questions like this were limited to Stoeger and Franchi products... hate to see it on the Benelli line.

Doogie, you sarcastic dude!... what a piece of work. Loved it. Keep it coming... Tucker will be jealous of your literary wit. But I gues someone should consider helping this dude since we are a "user-friendly" forum. Hope that happens. Right now I'm laughing my back end off! Don't know what to tell him anyhow... sounds like a weird situation. I thought questions like this were limited to Stoeger and Franchi products... hate to see it on the Benelli line.

There is nothing to say. Spitting shells onto the ground is a catastrophic failure of the feeding system. This means either the gun is broken or the user is operating it wrong ... and pump shotguns are about as easy as it gets to operate, so I'd be willing to bet the gun is broken.

Spitting shells onto the ground is NOT normal. It means that the lifter is broken, out of timing, the tab is bent, etc, but something is physically wrong with the gun and needs to be addressed.

I would bring it back to my gun dealer, pronto, and ask for a refund. Explain the catastrophic failure to the dealer and make him give you your money back.

You want to avoid having to send the gun to Italy to get it looked at, as this not only takes time, but according to some on here Benelli even makes you pay for the $75 shipping or so it takes to ship a gun to Italy. A much better option would be to get a refund from the dealer and get a different gun ... perhaps the same model, but be sure to verify function before you walk out the door.

Sorry to say it, but you've got a broken gun ... unless somebody can give a rational explanation of why the lifter is failing to drop and lift the shell when pumped ... either way, I would not put my faith in a gun that randomly drops shells on the ground, and I don't see the point in owning an unreliable gun.

Duggan you are an idiot. A gun malfunction is a serious problem and your sarcasm was a waste of everyone's time. Next time inquire about the model, I don't have the 18" home defense shotgun, I use mine for hunting. I'm not some gang banging drug dealer. My Smith and Wesson M&P 45 and 100 pound Doberman are all I need to keep my family safe and intruders out, so I'm not worried about the "poor person who probably just accidentally stumbled into your house to ask for a cup of sugar for his aging grandmother". Thanks for nothing, I was hoping to find a resource of knowledgeable people willing to shed some light on an issue. Don't bother responding because your views obviously stand strong with anti-gun ********. Say hi to Hilary for me and PS the Brady Bill has been up for some time which you would know if you didn't have your head up your own conceded ass. To Everyone else who had some relevant input thanks. I fixed the gun with my own "inferior, incapable, untrained criminal hands". And by the way Duggan if you took the second to check my profile you would see that I'm a Product Manager, so enjoy your waste of a life supporting people who don't support the 2nd Amendment.

Duggan you are an idiot. A gun malfunction is a serious problem and your sarcasm was a waste of everyone's time. Next time inquire about the model, I don't have the 18" home defense shotgun, I use mine for hunting. I'm not some gang banging drug dealer. My Smith and Wesson M&P 45 and 100 pound Doberman are all I need to keep my family safe and intruders out, so I'm not worried about the "poor person who probably just accidentally stumbled into your house to ask for a cup of sugar for his aging grandmother". Thanks for nothing, I was hoping to find a resource of knowledgeable people willing to shed some light on an issue. Don't bother responding because your views obviously stand strong with anti-gun ********. Say hi to Hilary for me and PS the Brady Bill has been up for some time which you would know if you didn't have your head up your own conceded ass. To Everyone else who had some relevant input thanks. I fixed the gun with my own "inferior, incapable, untrained criminal hands". And by the way Duggan if you took the second to check my profile you would see that I'm a Product Manager, so enjoy your waste of a life supporting people who don't support the 2nd Amendment.

I almost hate to ask, but what was the "fix?" Thanks.

Tyson you are new here, and it shows...CALM DOWN...take TWO deep breaths...

If you would have taken a second to check out duggan's threads to this forum you would see that he has constructively contributed to this forum and that this post was a joke, and if you weren't so uptight in the first place you might have found it as funny as some of us did.

Now to your gun, for something that serious I would not play around on this forum, either go back to the place you bought it and ask for a refund/exchange, take it to a real live gunsmith, or call Benelli CS and see what happens. This forum is a great source of information, but for something that serious there is only so much a person can do without having it in their hands...

Just so you know Duggan was being sarcastic his views are the opposite you are accusing him of. Just because he has a HD shotgun doesn't mean he is a gang banging drug dealer.

Some buildup had occurred that needed to be cleaned and oiled to allow the lever of the magazine loading port to operate properly. That's why it only happened randomly. Another thing to keep in mind is a strong pumping motion to enable correct loading and ejecting of shells.

I just wanted to know if other people were experiencing the same problem as this can be frustrating, and if there was an easy fix (which there was). This wasn't a joking matter and I'm sorry if any of you feel that my response was inappropriate but guns are dangerous when they do not work properly or are in the wrong hands.

I just love this forum. More fun than anything on TV. We got all kinds, don't we? There's room for all of us. Just gotta' know who to take seriously, and who to "enjoy."

Gonna' go clean my 20 and daydream about the fall dove and quail season... and laugh my azz off about all these forum shenanigans. Our big problem this time of year is that we have NO open seasons on anything so nobody can hunt and folks are getting restless and "testy." Maybe we should mellow out all and look forward to the next shoot.

As Letterman would say, " You guys is crazy!"... (and I love it!). Getting a little antsy myself. Killing paper (range-firing) just doesn't cut it, does it?

Our big problem this time of year is that we have NO open seasons on anything so nobody can hunt and folks are getting restless and "testy."

Does guys like Duggan have a season? I wonder what the tag would cost? Can you get a out of state licence? Does the ''game'' get to fight back?:confused:

It's always amusing how the original question seems to get lost in the hype!lol

I say just be glad he didn't start the post with a "Benelli makes garbage**** **** **** communist *** POS,**** Class action lawsuit***blah,blah", rant like some angry Stoeger shooters are so fond of..:D

So,I say thank you Tyson, for taking a level headed route to the problem!

Haha, I don't know whether I laughed harder at Duggan's post, or yours. They were both full to bursting with BS, ignorance and witty self-destructive rhetoric, the only difference I can see is that one was satire, and one was heartfelt and genuine.

PS. What is a "product manager"?

Let me see what google has to say about that. Hold

Manages all aspects of marketing programs for specified product(s). Designs, develops, and executes marketing strategies and directs advertising and promotional activities. May include research and evaluation of new products.

^That is what I found. Which begs the question...product manager for WHO or WHAT, and how loosely/strictly do you follow the generic guideline that I found above? Are you really in a position to insult someone's socio-economic status? How do you feel that the economy is going to affect you? Do you normally identify yourself with your job to this level? Does it take THAT much of your life? Do you identify with it because the only way you define yourself is through it? Have you wondered how healthy/unhealthy this mindset may be? If the economy or some other factor outside of your control were to cause your job to become obsolete, do you think you would de-stabalize, or become introverted and anti-social? How would you deal with these feelings of loss of identity?

Edited by Unobtanium

Does guys like Duggan have a season? I wonder what the tag would cost? Can you get a out of state licence? Does the ''game'' get to fight back?:confused:

Tags for Duggan hunting are free.

My house is the only legal area to hunt.

Out of state permits are welcome if you are willing to travel here.

You must be armed and present a clear and lethal threat when you enter Duggan's land.

Duggan is allowed to fight back.

All are welcome, come one come all.

I had a same problem a couple of weeks ago with my Benelli. I had installed a scope mount and the screws that replace the breach pins were a bit too tight. Once I backed them off a bit, it was fine. But, I will also agree that the Nova does need a harder pump to jack the shells than most other brands.

I had a same problem a couple of weeks ago with my Benelli. I had installed a scope mount and the screws that replace the breach pins were a bit too tight. Once I backed them off a bit, it was fine. But, I will also agree that the Nova does need a harder pump to jack the shells than most other brands.

You just need to put a few more rounds though it. My Novas are slick.