Breech Lock

pattonwr

Beneli's web site/store use to have breech safety locks for 20 & 12 ga. They are no longer available and customer service was unable to tell me who the vendor was.

Does anyone know who made them or if they are still available somewhere else?

THANX!!!

I use cable locks when transporting weapons. I always meant to buy the Benelli breech locks for the shotguns because I think they would have been easier & cleaner to use vice the cable locks that usually gets caught on the carrier... I guess I waited too long.

In searching around, I did find that Gun Vault will have a breech lock soon: http://www.gunvault.com/breechvault.nxg

I use cable locks when transporting weapons. I always meant to buy the Benelli breech locks for the shotguns because I think they would have been easier & cleaner to use vice the cable locks that usually gets caught on the carrier... I guess I waited too long.

In searching around, I did find that Gun Vault will have a breech lock soon: http://www.gunvault.com/breechvault.nxg

Interesting, I guess if you have a $3,000 collection of shotguns in the car going to a 3-gun match or something and some dick busts your window out at a gas-station and ganks your stuff, you will at least cause him some frustration!

I see.

Do you do that for legal reasons, safety reasons, appearance reasons, personal reasons? ... just curious, as I personally have never used and never plan on using a gunlock of any type ... heck, if my rifle makes it into the case, I consider it going a step above and beyond. Plenty of my guns, m4 included, don't even have a case. If I need to move them, they go unloaded, caseless into my trunk.

To each their own, I was just curious.

I see.

Do you do that for legal reasons, safety reasons, appearance reasons, personal reasons? ... just curious, as I personally have never used and never plan on using a gunlock of any type ... heck, if my rifle makes it into the case, I consider it going a step above and beyond. Plenty of my guns, m4 included, don't even have a case. If I need to move them, they go unloaded, caseless into my trunk.

To each their own, I was just curious.

My M4 rides beside me in the passenger side when I go out to the range/whatever.

My M4 rides beside me in the passenger side when I go out to the range/whatever.

If I was a southerner I probably would too ... but in NY, the less visible guns the better, thus the pistol stays on the hip/in the center console, while all longarms still in the trunk where the po po will never get to see them without probably cause, which they will never get.

My last 10 years active duty was in the "Peoples Draconian State of MD" and weapons had to be "secured" in a separate compartment from you and the ammo. I was also a member of the local, very busy rescue squad and my vehicle would sometime end up in “interesting” neighborhoods. Also, if I were in an accident, as Unobtanium sez, the interested party that would scavenge your vehicle would at least be frustrated for a while.

Even now that I’m in a free state, I still carry over those old habits for those weapons that aren’t readily available anyway.