M4 v.s. M2 tactical

DoctorW

Unobtanium,

Ok I have been trying to be nice but please tell me this is a ******* joke, if not it is the stupidist thing I have read on here so far and is the very reason I laugh at M2 vs M4 threads.

Whats even funnier is right out of the box I have been shooting cheap ass Winchester low steel 2 3/4" 8 & 7 1/2 birdshot I had left over from my SN. I also shot a box of Federal high brass and one box of Federal 154 Buckshot. The only FTF I had was when I forgot to chamber a round.

Would you like to make fun of my new Silverado W/T too since it is the cheap model and not the super luxurious LTZ I wanted a truck and thats what I got just like I wasnted a semi-auto and got a M2.

You seem really high strung for someone confident that they made the best decision in their purchase. If you think the threads are stupid then don't participate in them. The world is full of people who think differently than you... chill out and don't take it so personally.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just reviewed Benelli's advertisement DVD again, and found that Benelli officially said they use gas piston instead of ID in M4 because gas piston is more reliable for a shotgun hanging a lot of accessories. The ID system could be compromised by heavy accessories.

I just reviewed Benelli's advertisement DVD again, and found that Benelli officially said they use gas piston instead of ID in M4 because gas piston is more reliable for a shotgun hanging a lot of accessories. The ID system could be compromised by heavy accessories.

Isn't that what's been said over and over? The M1/M2 are incredibly reliable UP TO THE POINT you hang too much stuff on them. The M4 is fairly impervious to weight.

You can make the M1/2 run flawlessly with an extended mag and a light with heavy loads. How much stuff would anybody want to weight down a tactical shotgun with?

I meant to mention in my other post. I have a Nordic Components +3 extension on my M2 tactical (7+1) and the barrel clamp and it has still been reliable. I haven't added a light, etc. Though it does cycle anything I've tried, even with 7 rounds in the tube. So, I have some added weight, but not a bunch.

I meant to mention in my other post. I have a Nordic Components +3 extension on my M2 tactical (7+1) and the barrel clamp and it has still been reliable. I haven't added a light, etc. Though it does cycle anything I've tried, even with 7 rounds in the tube. So, I have some added weight, but not a bunch.

This also depends on the shooter. Where you may not have trouble, another person with a different stance and build would.

A perfect example is my roommate. He could jam my M4 shooting birdshot because he limp-wristed it hardcore until I showed him how to lean into it. Whereas he was having trouble with 3 dram loads, I can do mag-dumps with 2.75 dram loads no sweat.

You seem really high strung for someone confident that they made the best decision in their purchase. If you think the threads are stupid then don't participate in them. The world is full of people who think differently than you... chill out and don't take it so personally.

Sorry but when someone makes it sound like an M2 is a waste of money and will not shoot anything other than buckshot and slugs I will call BS.

• 7 months later...
Sorry but when someone makes it sound like an M2 is a waste of money and will not shoot anything other than buckshot and slugs I will call BS.

You may want to check yourself cody.

The M1/M2 series do not perform reliably once accessories are added to them... such as; light, extended mag, optics, side saddle, etc. Due to their design, additional weight (more than a single accessory) may cause them to cycle unreliably. Period

M4 will cycle with multiple accessories, additional weight does not affect this weapon as it does the M1/M2. Period

If someone anticipates adding one (single) accessory to their Benneli then the M1/M2 will work for them. As soon someone anticipates adding two or more accessories then the more reliable platform would be the M4. End of story.

I own both.

You may want to check yourself cody.

The M1/M2 series do not perform reliably once accessories are added to them... such as; light, extended mag, optics, side saddle, etc. Due to their design, additional weight (more than a single accessory) may cause them to cycle unreliably. Period

M4 will cycle with multiple accessories, additional weight does not affect this weapon as it does the M1/M2. Period

If someone anticipates adding one (single) accessory to their Benneli then the M1/M2 will work for them. As soon someone anticipates adding two or more accessories then the more reliable platform would be the M4. End of story.

I own both.

You might also want to " check yourself " as you just responded to a thread that hasn't seen action for almost a year. With that being said I've also owned both and I will still never bag on the M2T.

Sure the ID system is a bit more picky than the ARGO but I don't throw all the tacticool **** on my guns so i'll take either.

• 6 months later...

Right... so after reading all six pages of this fiasco, I have come to a very simple conclusion...

If you want to have a tacti-cool gun and be like Rambo with have a metric **** ton of stuff hanging off your gun then the M4 is for you, if not and you only need a sling and/or mag tube then the M2 is just as great.

Other then that its a whole 1.5 pound difference, thats all personal preference.

Sooo correct me if I am wrong, but both weapons are Benelli's and both have great reputations and the known Benelli quality, therefore, theres just no difference.

I think the only thing I'd "need" is a light. Any problems with an old M1 HK version with extended mag tube and a light attachment?

I dont believe so.

And another thought, if its a home defense gun, then why would you be using light loads? That shouldn't be a problem. Its not a field gun where true diversity is needed. It has one set purpose, to take down a bad guy. Thats "big game", thats a heavy load kinda deal.

You need diversity only for field use, from doves to geese or quail to ducks... light to heavy loads. Not for defense.

My point being, you can have two attachments and be fine with an M2 being used for home defense. What more do you really need other then feeding your obsession by keeping up with the Jones'?

I'm a 3 gun guy so I'm an M1, M2 field gun guy. I do have an M4 but it sucks for 3 gun. My M1 shoots light field loads to stupid 3" too heavy loads for me to want to shoot.

The biggest problem for my application with the M4 is mag extension sticking out past the barrel and the lame Ghost Ring sites.