sbe taking shots

chop123

I saw an ad in the North American Rifleman Magazine for remingtons new 887 pump,the recoil was being compared to the sbe2,and it was claiming less recoil than the benelli,come on now,is there any justice in the world,could this be true,a pump being softer than an auto,i do not think so.Any feedback.

I saw an ad in the North American Rifleman Magazine for remingtons new 887 pump,the recoil was being compared to the sbe2,and it was claiming less recoil than the benelli,come on now,is there any justice in the world,could this be true,a pump being softer than an auto,i do not think so.Any feedback.

Why are they comparing an auto to a pump anyway? Why not compare to a Nova or Supernova?

I saw one day, they compared a bolt action speed to a single action speed. They said it was about the time to shoot 3 rounds.Come on.

Compare a pump to an auto for recoil? You bet! If a manufacturer can take a gun design that is notorious for its recoil and make it less than what is universally accepted as the lightest recoil design and beat it, I'd advertise that pretty loudly myself.

As for how they shoot, once again, go back to the design and it's easy to see how a pump action is inherently more accurate than an auto (I know, a scattergun and accuracy...go to the trap/skeet range and we'll talk) though we could argue that point until the cows come home. No, the real test will be to shoot one as agm said.

Compare a pump to an auto for recoil? You bet! If a manufacturer can take a gun design that is notorious for its recoil and make it less than what is universally accepted as the lightest recoil design and beat it, I'd advertise that pretty loudly myself.

As for how they shoot, once again, go back to the design and it's easy to see how a pump action is inherently more accurate than an auto (I know, a scattergun and accuracy...go to the trap/skeet range and we'll talk) though we could argue that point until the cows come home. No, the real test will be to shoot one as agm said.

Compared to a gas auto. I agree. To an Sbe. Its not the lightest recoil auto on the market. Thats all I'm saying.

Compared to a gas auto. I agree. To an Sbe. Its not the lightest recoil auto on the market. Thats all I'm saying.

Most FUD's who would buy a weapon like the one being marketed are not so savvy. By "most", I mean a market share large enough that the money spent producing the comparison will be more than payed back by the buyers it influences.

"Hey Jed, that thar new pump kicks less than an auto shotgun! Billy gots him a brownin' Gold an' it don't kick for beans! I'm gettin' that new pump!!!"

E=1/2 MV² (E is Energy, M is Mass, V is Velocity)

Given equal barrel lengths, charge weights, and payloads, the only variable left is the weight of the gun or a redirection of muzzle gasses (like a brake or gas piston system) to reduce recoil energy.

Since neither the Inertia system nor the pump gun do anything to redirect gasses, with all other factors being equal, gun weight is the only remaining factor to reduce actual recoil.

That being said, actual recoil energy can be distributed over time and space to lessen felt recoil. That's why we use recoil pads. They don't change the amount of energy, but they spread it over time and space to make it less accute.

Regardless of manufacturers' marketing claims, they cannot alter the realities of physics. If you want a lower recoiling gun, you can shoot lighter and slower loads, a heavier gun, or use a brake/redirection system of some kind.

You just can't cheat physics.

E=1/2 MV² (E is Energy, M is Mass, V is Velocity)

Given equal barrel lengths, charge weights, and payloads, the only variable left is the weight of the gun or a redirection of muzzle gasses (like a brake or gas piston system) to reduce recoil energy.

Since neither the Inertia system nor the pump gun do anything to redirect gasses, with all other factors being equal, gun weight is the only remaining factor to reduce actual recoil.

That being said, actual recoil energy can be distributed over time and space to lessen felt recoil. That's why we use recoil pads. They don't change the amount of energy, but they spread it over time and space to make it less accute.

Regardless of manufacturers' marketing claims, they cannot alter the realities of physics. If you want a lower recoiling gun, you can shoot lighter and slower loads, a heavier gun, or use a brake/redirection system of some kind.

You just can't cheat physics.

No, but you CAN bend the rules pretty handily!

Like you said, lengthen the time of transfer. Perception is reality. I'll take it!

Edited by Unobtanium