Number of Shells in Supernova

NovaProspect

I am looking into buying my first shotgun for clay pigeon shooting/HD, and I am considering an 18" Supernova. I realize the shotgun will hold 4+1 shells, and with a TacStar tube extension it can be boosted to 7+1. My question is, can it hold 7 3.5", 3", or 2.75" shells? It would seem like common sense that you may be able to hold 8 or 9 of the shorter shells compared to the 3.5", but I cannot find anything that explicitly says this is the case.

Any other advice for a soon-to-be shotgun owner is appreciated.

I am looking into buying my first shotgun for clay pigeon shooting/HD, and I am considering an 18" Supernova. I realize the shotgun will hold 4+1 shells, and with a TacStar tube extension it can be boosted to 7+1. My question is, can it hold 7 3.5", 3", or 2.75" shells? It would seem like common sense that you may be able to hold 8 or 9 of the shorter shells compared to the 3.5", but I cannot find anything that explicitly says this is the case.

Any other advice for a soon-to-be shotgun owner is appreciated.

7- 2 3/4 I don't have a extension but the standard mag tube will hold 3-3 1/2 shells.

If it holds 7+1 it is talking about the 2-3/4 shells. That means the 2 3/4 shells would take up 19.25" of space + 1 in the chamber. Doing some simple math you could hold 5.5 shells of 3.5" ammo + 1 in the chamber. They may allow for some extra room so that you could get 6 shells in there but I would expect you can fit 5 3.5" shells, 6 3" shells, and 7 2-3/4" shells. Hope this helps.

If it holds 7+1 it is talking about the 2-3/4 shells. That means the 2 3/4 shells would take up 19.25" of space + 1 in the chamber. Doing some simple math you could hold 5.5 shells of 3.5" ammo + 1 in the chamber. They may allow for some extra room so that you could get 6 shells in there but I would expect you can fit 5 3.5" shells, 6 3" shells, and 7 2-3/4" shells. Hope this helps.

2 3/4 inch shells are 2 3/4 inches after its been shot.(open hull)

Same think applys with 3's and 3 1/2.

Even if the crimp is not included and it holds 7+1 2-3/4" shells, shouldn't the math work out or are there different amounts of crimp between the 3.5", 3", and 2-3/4" shells? I don't reload so I'm not sure, sorry about that.

I don't reload shotgun either. But if the shell is 2 1/2 inches x7= 17.5 inches. You have to have room for the mag. tube spring. I'm not sure about the crimp length on any of the shells.

When you use an extension that is equal with the endo of the barrel they will hold 7+1 assuming the spring is the right length.

I have tried two different Benelli extensions on my SNT:

- Benelli + 1 tube = 6+1 with 2 3/4" shells

- Benelli + 2 tube = 7+1 with 2 3/4" shells

Just a note I sold my SNT and still have a complete +1 Benelli tube for sale.