Montefeltro Super 90

Ridge Runner

I would contact CS since this gun does not come with cast shims?

That... or your trigger-pull is jerking it off to the left... a usual pistol problem but also possible on a shotgun. Try one more time concentrating on squeezing, not jerking or pulling, the trigger straight back and being real surprised when the gun goes off. See what happens. If it is still there... send it in! Oh, and make sure your cheek weld is absolutely firm on the stock... another cause of left shots.

Edited by MontefeltroPro
spelling

Patterned with full choke at 30yrd and shoots about 6" to the left.What needs to be done to shoot straight?

I have an SBE ll that shot 16" above point of aim. I talked to a regional Benelli Rep. and he told me that is how they are set up so you can "float" your target above the bead. This may work on the trap field, but when hunting partridge in dense cover, they have to shoot where you point. At least for me. I then called C.S. and they handled it well. I had the gun back in three weeks, shooting to point of aim. Not sure how they fixed it, it was not rebarreled. They did put a larger bead on it, but that would not have made that big of difference at twenty yards, I do not think. I know this is too much information, but my point is to call C.S. and feel them out. Happy Hunting....

I have an SBE ll that shot 16" above point of aim. I talked to a regional Benelli Rep. and he told me that is how they are set up so you can "float" your target above the bead. This may work on the trap field, but when hunting partridge in dense cover, they have to shoot where you point. At least for me. I then called C.S. and they handled it well. I had the gun back in three weeks, shooting to point of aim. Not sure how they fixed it, it was not rebarreled. They did put a larger bead on it, but that would not have made that big of difference at twenty yards, I do not think. I know this is too much information, but my point is to call C.S. and feel them out. Happy Hunting....

You should have had a shim kit that came with it to adjust it.

I tried what you suggested about mouting of gun and squeezing trigger. I also tried different choke tube and patterned dead on don't know if it was me or choke tube will try that full choke when I have time thanks for the help.

Different chokes pattern differently. I have had as much as 2-3" difference between choke-tubes from manufacturer to manufacturer with my M4S90 at 50 yards sighting in slugs.

You should have had a shim kit that came with it to adjust it.

I Believe the gun came with the "B" shim installed. I went to the the "D" shim which is what gives me the best fit, and also the shim I use in my other Benellis'. It shot high throughout the process of shimming and then patterning. I patterned it with the point of aim circled, and the point of impact 16" high on the paper and sent the target along w/ the gun back to Benelli. It came back w/ a target that they shot and whatever they did, it fixed the problem. They sent a work order along w/ the fixed gun, but I could not read the guys writing!! So I guess I will never know what they did.. Thanks for the info.

You can just reverse the cast shim supplied on the gun. (Turn it 180 degrees and re-assemble). This was supposedly an attempt to compensate for right or left-handed shooters as I understand it. That's the only adjustment I know of. My Montefeltro only came with the one cast shim on the gun but the manual explains that it can be reversed for left-hand shooting. In my estimation, that should have the effect of moving the impact point to the right. I know of no other "fine-tuning" with the (single) cast shim that is normally supplied with a new gun. I am no shotgun "guru" so if a more knowledgeable person can help us out here... that would be good.

Oh, almost forgot... I shoot with BOTH the C & D shims on the gun. Those Italians must have short necks!!! Mine was hitting high also and it took both shims to get the impact point down to right-on. (You have to grind off the little knobs (some call "titties") so this will work. No glue necessary. Just put them both in there and re-assemble. They tighten up and don't move.

Oh, almost forgot... I shoot with BOTH the C & D shims on the gun. Those Italians must have short necks!!! Mine was hitting high also and it took both shims to get the impact point down to right-on. (You have to grind off the little knobs (some call "titties") so this will work. No glue necessary. Just put them both in there and re-assemble. They tighten up and don't move.

Benellis usually shoot kind of high so you can aim under the target slightly for bird hunting and trap/skeet shooting.

Benellis usually shoot kind of high so you can aim under the target slightly for bird hunting and trap/skeet shooting.

This doesn't help in skeet shooting but I have become use to it.

Maybe because the point of aim isn't that high at 20 yards or less.:confused:

This doesn't help in skeet shooting but I have become use to it.

Maybe because the point of aim isn't that high at 20 yards or less.:confused:

It helps in trap I dont know about skeet, but trap guns have raised combs that raise the the pattern so you can see the bird with a little bit of air under it. With my 870 I started out with It shot perfectly flat which was great for turkey hunting but when the birds flew high I couldn't see them drop when I shot.

It helps in trap I dont know about skeet, but trap guns have raised combs that raise the the pattern so you can see the bird with a little bit of air under it. With my 870 I started out with It shot perfectly flat which was great for turkey hunting but when the birds flew high I couldn't see them drop when I shot.

Yep. For birds the nova is great because of this reason. But I hate having to aim low on turkeys and yotes. Still love the gun though.