benelli m1014

mr logic

According to some, over $3000 because of the ULTRA RARE nature of a gun.

I personally would not pay over $1200 for an old, outdated model M4.

If you want to try and scalp, list it on GB hyping up it's rare status and "limited edition".

If nobody bites, try and and sell it for what it is, a used, old model benelli.

Best of luck with your deception.

less than 40 rounds, excellent condition, Nc satr D4B red dot sight. american flag engraved on side collapsible stock. number 1189 of 2500 ... settle down duggan, nobody is asking you to buy it, just looking to see the increase in value if any. I paid $1200 in 04 from a dealer in vegas.

outdated gun in excellent condition? Is that like an outdated bottle of fine wine?

Edited by mr logic
another question

I already told you what to do to get the maximum amount of money. If you want to ignore my advice and feel I am somehow attacking you and your gun, you are well within your rights to pull the victim card.

I am personally of the opinion that a used, old model M4 is worth less than the price of a new, current model m4, because really anything else is insanity, UNLESS you are looking for something that is no longer made for some reason, rational or not.

There is absolutely no RATIONAL reason to pay $3000 for a used limited edition M1014. That said, there are a lot of irrational gun buyers, especially now. You need to find one of them, and sell your product to them.

In your words, you need to convince somebody that your aging gun is a fine bottle of wine, and not a depreciating, old model mechanical device that would be losing value in ANY other circumstance.

(For instance, would you like to buy my limited edition 1984 honda civic? It has amazingly low miles for the year, and it's in great shape. I will be letting it go for $30,000, due to it's rare nature and overall desirability.)

Make sense?

Edited by Duggan

I already told you what to do to get the maximum amount of money. If you want to ignore my advice and feel I am somehow attacking you and your gun, you are well within your rights to pull the victim card.

I am personally of the opinion that a used, old model M4 is worth less than the price of a new, current model m4, because really anything else is insanity, UNLESS you are looking for something that is no longer made for some reason, rational or not.

There is absolutely no RATIONAL reason to pay $3000 for a used limited edition M1014. That said, there are a lot of irrational gun buyers, especially now. You need to find one of them, and sell your product to them.

In your words, you need to convince somebody that your aging gun is a fine bottle of wine, and not a depreciating, old model mechanical device that would be losing value in ANY other circumstance.

(For instance, would you like to buy my limited edition 1984 honda civic? It has amazingly low miles for the year, and it's in great shape. I will be letting it go for $30,000, due to it's rare nature and overall desirability.)

Make sense?

touchy,,touchy,,,your so sensitive there doooogun,,the guy comes on board asking a Q about his stuff and it just wasn't asked according to your way of thinking,,this new guy has owned and handled this Benelli long before you,,,when are you gonna wise up junior,,,

I'd list it on Gunbroker for 1799.95 and write up an overview focused on the Limited Edition Status. Then, have 12 - 20 high quality photographs taken of the weapon.

You'll likely have to sit on it for a few months for someone to bite. The trouble right now is there are a lot of current production M4's available. The best time to sell is when pickins are slim. The trouble is, this isn't the type of gun most people collect.

I'd sell the dot optic apart from it. You could probably move it in a snap for 1250.00. If I recall, this model has a fixed choke and a 2 port barrel.

I'd list it on Gunbroker for 1799.95 and write up an overview focused on the Limited Edition Status. Then, have 12 - 20 high quality photographs taken of the weapon.

You'll likely have to sit on it for a few months for someone to bite. The trouble right now is there are a lot of current production M4's available. The best time to sell is when pickins are slim. The trouble is, this isn't the type of gun most people collect.

I'd sell the dot optic apart from it. You could probably move it in a snap for 1250.00. If I recall, this model has a fixed choke and a 2 port barrel.

I wish I could have gotten an 11707 w/2-port and fixed choke. ****, I am tempted to offer to swap barrel/assy's assuming the piston design has not been altered or anything else.

The barrel profile has changed significantly since the LE model. They've peformed a number of small upgrades to the barrel since then. It would likely still fit though.

If I recall, the "wing" on the barrel at the very back is npw oversized and where the barrel seats up against the receiver now has an oversized load bearing surface earlier models did not.

Any reason why you'd rather have the fixed choke? Strength and simplicity?

The barrel profile has changed significantly since the LE model. They've peformed a number of small upgrades to the barrel since then. It would likely still fit though.

If I recall, the "wing" on the barrel at the very back is npw oversized and where the barrel seats up against the receiver now has an oversized load bearing surface earlier models did not.

Well, nevermind that then. Yes, I am a die-hard KISS fan. I love gadgets, but they are all KISS gadgets, lol.

I find the thought of never dicking around with chokes nice. Find a load, stick with it. Done. One less removable part. Win.

Because he just can't help but to try and mess with everything he possibly can in the relentless pursuit of perfection, even if it's one step forward two steps back, as would be the case in this situation (in my opinion).

touchy,,touchy,,,your so sensitive there doooogun,,the guy comes on board asking a Q about his stuff and it just wasn't asked according to your way of thinking,,this new guy has owned and handled this Benelli long before you,,,when are you gonna wise up junior,,,

Go change your Depends old man, take the vinyl off your couches and dirty up your $3000 benelli showgun paperweights.

Duggan, that is your que for one a those "snazzy" picture depicting some ********.

cool_story_bro.jpg

Edited by Duggan

• 4 months later...
I bought my benelli limited edition #1189 5 years ago and am thinking of selling it..any ideas what it might be worth?

GETTING BACK TO YOUR QUESTION. look at it this way, your limited edition nelli w/ flag is worth approx 1600-1700. and the c-stock adds another lets say 600. put it on gunbroker w/ starting bid of 1950 w/ pics and ill bet you will probably get 2100-2200 for it when it closes.:D ive sold alot of guns and this is just my 2 cents!!;) besides, regular m4 sells for 1500 avg and id rather have the flag as i do cause they'll NEVER make the flag receiver again.

GETTING BACK TO YOUR QUESTION. look at it this way, your limited edition nelli w/ flag is worth approx 1600-1700. and the c-stock adds another lets say 600. put it on gunbroker w/ starting bid of 1950 w/ pics and ill bet you will probably get 2100-2200 for it when it closes.:D ive sold alot of guns and this is just my 2 cents!!;) besides, regular m4 sells for 1500 avg and id rather have the flag as i do cause they'll NEVER make the flag receiver again.

+1 I would of payed more for the flag.