feeler: M4 2 rnds mag ext

Ding126

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lost. The m2 doesn't cycle light loads? I've seen 3 m2's that cycle 1 oz loads. Is that not good enough?

Mine will cycle everything down to the cheap Wal-Mart Winchester birdshot. Of course I don't normally buy the cheap stuff but I had some left over from shooting clays with the SuperNova. I don't have stuff hung on my M2 though so maybe if you need all that tacticool stuff it won't cycle.

You probably saw normal field shotguns cycling light loads. A tactical M2 weighed down with accessories will not cycle light loads.

Your right, it was field guns. But Cody is right, Why would need to shoot light target loads through a HD shotgun?

Your right, it was field guns. But Cody is right, Why would need to shoot light target loads through a HD shotgun?

Why have active cylinder control in a Z06?

Why have windshield wipers on a Ferrari?

Why do you walk anywhere when you could just run?

Why would you take normal breaths of air when you can take deep manly breaths and hold it for a minute at a time?

Why use toilet-paper when you could use benjamins?

I don't understand why people think it is rediculous to want to practice with bird-shot, or simply go out and have some fun with it.

Why have active cylinder control in a Z06?

BECAUSE THEY CAN

Why have windshield wipers on a Ferrari?

BECAUSE ITS A STANDARD OPTION

Why do you walk anywhere when you could just run?

BECAUSE RUNNING AWAY IS THE WUSS THINK TO DO

Why would you take normal breaths of air when you can take deep manly breaths and hold it for a minute at a time?

BECAUSE YOUR BRAIN IN PROGRAMED TO DO THIS (WHY DO YOU BREATH AT NIGHT)

Why use toilet-paper when you could use benjamins?

BECAUSE BENJAMINS MOST LIKELY COST MORE

why people think it is rediculous to want to practice with bird-shot, or simply go out and have some fun with it.

I DON'T. SHOOTING BIRDSHOT IS FUN AND GOOD FOR PRACTICE.

Why do people make fun of people that have different taste in guns and how to use them?

Why do people care if someone bought an m2 instead of a m4?

I use thousands of rounds of cheap Wal-mart value pack birdshot to build muscle memory in weapon handling. You can buy 200 rounds of it for 40 bucks. Buying quality buckshot or slugs at that price would cost you 180 - 220 dollars.

Loading, chambering, operating the safety, bringing to the ready from slung.

I'm considering reloading shotgun shells simply so I can load buckshot cheaper. I just can't find the components readily available lately to do it. It's a time consuming process too since buckshot has to be stacked by hand.

So people dont use benjamins because the dont cost as much, same thing with cheap walmart loads. Use the good stuff for HD ,patterning, and hunting and the cheap stuff for trap and everything else. The fact that the M2 weighed down wont cycle what an M4 weighed down can means the M4 is more reliable. If I was looking for a semi auto benelli HD shotgun (which I am not) then that would be enough reason for me to invest in the M4. If you like the M2 or want to save some money then go for it. This is just my opinion.

The fact that the M2 weighed down wont cycle what an M4 weighed down can means the M4 is more reliable. If I was looking for a semi auto benelli HD shotgun (which I am not) then that would be enough reason for me to invest in the M4. If you like the M2 or want to save some money then go for it. This is just my opinion.

Why do some of you continue to bring cost up when comparing the M2 and M4. If it was only because the M2 is a little cheaper it would be no big deal but you guys say it like people who buy M2's cannot afford the M4.

Also my M2 cycles just fine with a mag. tube mounted light which to me is all a person needs for HD duty on a shotgun. **** I don't even use the light I just bought it to see if it would cycle.

I practice with birdshot also and have had not one issue so once again whats your point?

Try firing it with it held beside you with nothing behind the but pad it will not cycle the 2nd round. Try throwing some more tac stuff on it and it probably wont cycle. The M4 will because it doesn't rely on recoil to cycle. Ok good for you, you dont use bird shot and you dont weigh your gun down. Looks like you found a gun that fits your needs fine. But the M4 is still more reliable and doesn't have to be against something to cycle. To me worth the extra money if I wanted a semi auto benelli HD shotgun.

Edited by Trapshooter1

Try firing it with it held beside you with nothing behind the but pad it will not cycle the 2nd round. Try throwing some more tac stuff on it and it probably wont cycle. The M4 will because it doesn't rely on recoil to cycle.

I have and it cycles just fine, same with any angles and upside down.

Why do some of you continue to bring cost up when comparing the M2 and M4. If it was only because the M2 is a little cheaper it would be no big deal but you guys say it like people who buy M2's cannot afford the M4.

Also my M2 cycles just fine with a mag. tube mounted light which to me is all a person needs for HD duty on a shotgun. **** I don't even use the light I just bought it to see if it would cycle.

Because cost is a factor when choosing a shotgun. If its not a factor to you do you think Inertia is better than gas for HD/reliability?

Because cost is a factor when choosing a shotgun. If its not a factor to you do you think Inertia is better than gas for HD/reliability?

That is a two sided question but when simply applied to only Benelli shotguns I would trust my M2 the same as any M4. If I do something to make my M2 not cycle during a HD situation it wouls also happen with the M4.

For the most part I have been using 2 3/4" Federal Heavy Field Loads which are I belive 3 1/4 dram and 1 1/8oz.

I can do flawless mag-dumps with 2.75 dram 1-1/8oz 1145fps STS Light Target ammo. My point isn't to prove that I can buy expensive target loads, but rather to show you that the M4 has a lot larger "performance window" than the M2. I want my weapon to have as large a performance window as possible to make up for the imperfect element of my human nature and blind circumstance. If you are comfortable with less "slack", as it were, more power to you.

An m4 won't cycle that. Thats the stuff the m2's I saw cycled all day.

If Ubnotanium is telling the truth that his can cycle 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 oz loads I think that is the equivalent to 3 dram 1 oz loads. Like I have been saying, M2s rely on recoil and the gun has to have something to kick (The recoil pad has to be against something) to cycle. When your adrenaline is pumping and your nervous you might not shoulder the gun, and if you dont shoulder the gun, you will probably miss, and it is as good as a single shot in that situation. It is like a runner trying to run with his feet of the ground when you dont shoulder it, and a runner trying to run through swamp when its weighed down. An M4 uses gas and will cycle unconditionally. That makes the M4 better for HD, but the M2 is better for hunting.