feeler: M4 2 rnds mag ext

Ding126

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ubnotanium is telling the truth that his can cycle 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 oz loads I think that is the equivalent to 3 dram 1 oz loads. Like I have been saying, M2s rely on recoil and the gun has to have something to kick (The recoil pad has to be against something) to cycle. When your adrenaline is pumping and your nervous you might not shoulder the gun, and if you dont shoulder the gun, you will probably miss, and it is as good as a single shot in that situation. It is like a runner trying to run with his feet of the ground when you dont shoulder it, and a runner trying to run through swamp when its weighed down. An M4 uses gas and will cycle unconditionally. That makes the M4 better for HD, but the M2 is better for hunting.

I just have to know, have you even shot or own an M2?

You get my point.

Just don't talk to me like I am some novice who spent the past year saving up to buy an M2 and now that I have one I think it's the greatest thing since the automobile.

Fair enough. Actually I am the novice to Benelli. No shame in that.

And thruth be told, I had to wait a total of two weeks in order to get one of the best HD shotguns on the market with all the "tacticool" toys. Damn shipping.

Cody, you have to admit, lasers are pretty friggin sassy.

M2s rely on recoil and the gun has to have something to kick (The recoil pad has to be against something) to cycle.

No. I have fired my M2 from the hip and it cycled perfectly. The gun needs to travel backward in order to compress the BCG spring, so in theory if you put the stock against a brick wall that would cause it to not cycle.

No. I have fired my M2 from the hip and it cycled perfectly. The gun needs to travel backward in order to compress the BCG spring, so in theory if you put the stock against a brick wall that would cause it to not cycle.

Exactly but don't try convincing the local M4 happy squad that the M2 can really do that. Then again by there deffinition all M2's should be able to cycle is buckshot and slugs.:rolleyes:

+1

and yes, I can and have limp-wristed M4's, and yes, you can limp-wrist an M2, and yes I have fired my M4 with target loads from the hip, and yes it worked.

Fair enough. Actually I am the novice to Benelli. No shame in that.

And thruth be told, I had to wait a total of two weeks in order to get one of the best HD shotguns on the market with all the "tacticool" toys. Damn shipping.

Cody, you have to admit, lasers are pretty friggin sassy.

Hey no problems here I just wanted to make sure you understood that I didn't just stumble apont this forum and post out of bordem.

As for lasers there ok until you start to rely on them as the sole means POA. My S&W M&P40 has the OE laser grips and I love them but once they are set I turn them off and use my sights to eliminate my first statement.

+1

and yes, I can and have limp-wristed M4's, and yes, you can limp-wrist an M2, and yes I have fired my M4 with target loads from the hip, and yes it worked.

So which viewpoint are you going to run with instead of being wishy washy?

I'm going to say the M4 is more consistantly reliable than the M2. I also plan on proving it, if you so require it.

I would add..if the M2 was such a great weapon, Benelli would not have to design a rifle from he ground up to meet military specs/requirements. M1,2 or 3 did not meet requirements.

I would also say all Benelli's are good in their own right..Its a matter of preferrence..Ford Chevy GMC etc

I've owned M1's M3's & M4's they are all great shooters..but by far I like the M4 best..just my preferrence

I would add..if the M2 was such a great weapon, Benelli would not have to design a rifle from he ground up to meet military specs/requirements. M1,2 or 3 did not meet requirements.

I would also say all Benelli's are good in their own right..Its a matter of preferrence..Ford Chevy GMC etc

I've owned M1's M3's & M4's they are all great shooters..but by far I like the M4 best..just my preferrence

With a show of hands, how many people of this forum have used a shotgun in combat? Now with a show of hands, how many people have used a m4 in combat? Now with a show of hands, how many people have shot someone in there home with a m2 or m4?

WOW. Zero.

p.s. with a show of hands, how many m4's are in service in the military compared to mossberg 500's. Yes, the m4 will win.

I just have to know, have you even shot or own an M2?

I dont own one but I have shot an M2 and other ID benellis, but I have never limp wristed one, but I heard this and assumed it was true. I guess this is why weighing them down makes them not cycle, because it doesn't travel as far backwards.

Even though I was wrong I said THE RECOIL PAD HAS TO BE AGAINST SOMETHING TO CYCLE which can include your hip. Like I said I was wrong anyways just clearing that up.

With a show of hands, how many people of this forum have used a shotgun in combat? Now with a show of hands, how many people have used a m4 in combat? Now with a show of hands, how many people have shot someone in there home with a m2 or m4?

WOW. Zero.

p.s. with a show of hands, how many m4's are in service in the military compared to mossberg 500's. Yes, the m4 will win.

I'm a long time 870 guy. I own a 11-87P and recently purchased the M4. I've shot hundreds of rounds down range with it and I must say that slug, buck, birdshot..... it eats everything without a malfunction.

I've used several types of "tactical" low recoil buck and bottom line is that the gun works.

I took it to Louis Awerbuck's shotgun course last fall and discussed it with him. I used an 870 for the course since it's my duty gun. Louis said he's taught hundreds of Marines on the M4 and he hasn't seen one malfunction either. Good enough for me.

I'd bet my life on it... I guess that's the best I can offer.

-Fellow AR15.com user's experience dredged from the 2007 archives.

WOW. Zero.

+1 on combat time (mossberg)

Negative on the rest.

Maybe I can make the grade on the home shooting if I invite some select forum members over for dinner.

+1 on combat time (mossberg)

Negative on the rest.

Maybe I can make the grade on the home shooting if I invite some select forum members over for dinner.

Several M4C users who have used the M4S90 in combat say it ran like a sewing machine, although they didn't like it as they felt a breeching shotgun should have something other than a rubber pistol-grip and should be pump to cycle breeching loads. As far as function though, they said it was flawless.

Even though I was wrong I said THE RECOIL PAD HAS TO BE AGAINST SOMETHING TO CYCLE which can include your hip. Like I said I was wrong anyways just clearing that up.

But it doesn't need to be against anything the only catch here is that what ever the pad is against needs to move.

They added a gas operating system to back up the inertia system which means just that not that the M1, 2 & 3 were inferior. In reality the M4 you bought isn't a military spec model so it doean't really matter anyway.

I dont own one but I have shot an M2 and other ID benellis, but I have never limp wristed one, but I heard this and assumed it was true. I guess this is why weighing them down makes them not cycle, because it doesn't travel as far backwards.

Lets be realistic here though by the time you weigh it down far enough to not cycle your approaching tacticool and not tactical. A single light is enough to make a HD shotgun up to par for 99% of the people out there. After all most of the people that add all that stuff need a scatter gun to make up for accuracy anyway so go figure.

Hey no problems here I just wanted to make sure you understood that I didn't just stumble apont this forum and post out of bordem.

As for lasers there ok until you start to rely on them as the sole means POA. My S&W M&P40 has the OE laser grips and I love them but once they are set I turn them off and use my sights to eliminate my first statement.

I'll never use lasers or lights on a handgun platform. I just don't see the return.

Now on an AR or shottie, where both hands are used, then when used correctly, are both pratical and tactical.

I like your taste in handguns, the M&P series are gtg.