sbe 2 or the vinci

giraudw

Im looking to buy a new gun soon, but lm not sure which ones right for me. I will mainly be using it for dove hunting and the occasional clay pigeon. My dad shoots a sbe and loves it, but lm leaning more towards the vinci. Please help!!

Im looking to buy a new gun soon, but lm not sure which ones right for me. I will mainly be using it for dove hunting and the occasional clay pigeon. My dad shoots a sbe and loves it, but lm leaning more towards the vinci. Please help!!

Have you shouldered both? Shot both?

I am not a Vinci fan if I wanted a semi-auto 3" Benelli I would get an M2. The M2 has everything a Vinci has same capacity same chamber an inertia system, just about the same comforteh system. The only thing the Vinci has on the M2 is .3 pounds which is the weight of 2 shells. The 3 piece design doesn't have much on a takedown case. The Vinci does have something the M2 doesn't have, price :)

Only the economy + a dealer issue have prevented me from owning a Vinci thus far.

Other than some light load issues, all the feedback I have been getting from people who actually have shot the gun (as opposed to some Internet Wizards who have not), has been very positive.

That being said, I feel that a properly broken in and properly maintained SBE II is an invaluable tool that should serve it's owner very well for as long as necessary. I have an SBE that will see it's 19th opening day this fall :)

Im looking to buy a new gun soon, but lm not sure which ones right for me. I will mainly be using it for dove hunting and the occasional clay pigeon. My dad shoots a sbe2 and loves it, but lm leaning more towards the vinci. Please help!!

I have shot the sbe2 and I own a vinci both are 28in I would say they are close to the same except I like the way my vinci shoots allitle better recoil not by much I really like the 3 piece thing its really nice to clean if you clean it every time you use it like I do and I recently put the z shim on and got a 25 it makes it shoot right over the bead its nice for trap and I like it that way and im leaving it for hunting my friend who owns the sbe2 is waiting for a lefty model and then hes giving his sbe2 to his dad and get a vinci. we both are big waterfowl hunters and trap shooters just somthing we love dong any shooting really but I like the vinci better than the sbe its shoots the same as the sbe if you use the same shims as your dads has it should be the same but better good luck.

I have shot the sbe2 and I own a vinci both are 28in I would say they are close to the same except I like the way my vinci shoots allitle better recoil not by much I really like the 3 piece thing its really nice to clean if you clean it every time you use it like I do and I recently put the z shim on and got a 25 it makes it shoot right over the bead its nice for trap and I like it that way and im leaving it for hunting my friend who owns the sbe2 is waiting for a lefty model and then hes giving his sbe2 to his dad and get a vinci. we both are big waterfowl hunters and trap shooters just something we love dong any shooting really but I like the vinci better than the sbe its shoots the same as the sbe if you use the same shims as your dads has it should be the same but better good luck.

Sounds like you baby your gun. I guess I would to if I had a new $1400 gun. I also have a z shim in and I like it to although it still isn't enough I ordered a raised comb which I am still waiting for.

I took a chance and traded my M-2 and a 391 for a Vinci. Best move I've ever made.

I've shot mine about 400 times at sporting clays, pigeons, and blackbirds. Everything about the gun is exceptional.

Like Henkka82 said, the ergonomics are really good. I will expand on that by saying that the safety is positioned in a way that makes it hard to accidentally turn off and in the same time is surrounded by stock so that your hand knows where it is. It clicks off with the right amount of tension making a little snap, and since that is where your finger is positioned while in the ready mode, there is no hunting for it. I know that sounds a little funny, but I can't say enough about the safety. It's perfect.

More on ergonomics....the edge that goes along the stock forearm really gives a sense of holding on better that the rounded forearm on most other guns. Once again silly, but shoot one and you'll see.

And when you do shoot one you will notice that you don't feel the action move. It's a quick, crisp shot like a pump or O/U with a gracoil on it. I know, so what if you feel the action? Doesn't matter really, but for a quick follow up shot, every bit helps.

I shot my M-2 thousands of times.. great gun, but not in the same league as the Vinci. Sorry Trapshooter1.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not a Vinci fan if I wanted a semi-auto 3" Benelli I would get an M2. The M2 has everything a Vinci has same capacity same chamber an inertia system, just about the same comforteh system. The only thing the Vinci has on the M2 is .3 pounds which is the weight of 2 shells. The 3 piece design doesn't have much on a takedown case. The Vinci does have something the M2 doesn't have, price :)

I am in agreement with this post. If I needed a 3" gun I would choose the M2. I see nothing of any real magnitude gained with a Vinci.

Edited by hunter1

I am in agreement with this post. If I needed a 3" gun I would choose the M2. I see nothing of any real magnitude gained with a Vinci. I'd save the additional money you'd pay for a Vinci for other equipment you may need.

I needed a 3" semi auto benelli so I did get a M2 but you can't get steady grip stocks or rifled barrels yet on the vinci eithier so I think that makes the M2 a better hunting gun. I don't see much of a difference in the In-line ID system vs. the old ID system, the spring is just in a different place, can anybody tell a difference between the in-line and old inertia driven system?

I needed a 3" semi auto benelli so I did get a M2 but you can't get steady grip stocks or rifled barrels yet on the vinci eithier so I think that makes the M2 a better hunting gun. I don't see much of a difference in the In-line ID system vs. the old ID system, the spring is just in a different place, can anybody tell a difference between the in-line and old inertia driven system?
well the only difference I notice is muzzle jump my vinci has about an inch of muzzle jump the sbe2 my friend has quite a bit more muzzle jump thats what the inline ID does and mine cycles faster plus he cant shoot store bought light loads in his sbe2 well not doubles couse they wont cycle i reload mine so they cycle out of his but when i got the vinci i shot store boughts for about 10 rounds and no problem vincis a great gun it works for what i need it to do trap, ducks, pheasents and maybe dove. i dont need a rifled barrel or a home defence gun so if your m2 works for you great but i like less muzzle jump couse i use it for trap

well the only difference I notice is muzzle jump my vinci has about an inch of muzzle jump the sbe2 my friend has quite a bit more muzzle jump thats what the inline ID does and mine cycles faster plus he cant shoot store bought light loads in his sbe2 well not doubles couse they wont cycle i reload mine so they cycle out of his but when i got the vinci i shot store boughts for about 10 rounds and no problem vincis a great gun it works for what i need it to do trap, ducks, pheasents and maybe dove. i dont need a rifled barrel or a home defence gun so if your m2 works for you great but i like less muzzle jump couse i use it for trap

I know what you mean about the SBE but the M2 doesn't travel as far and cycles better than the SBE. It doesn't jam far as I can tell. I still don't know how the in line ID system reduces muzzle jump, because it goes strait back, and the old ID back stem part of the bolt goes at a down ward angle, which in theory should reduce muzzle jump. I don't see cycling faster as any advantage, because my M2 cycles faster than I can pull the trigger, and alot faster than I can shoot doubles. I use my M2 for trap and I guess I would take less muzzle jump if it was given to me, but I wouldn't pay over $100 for it. I would think that a 3.5" vinci would have trouble with cheap loads.

I know what you mean about the SBE but the M2 doesn't travel as far and cycles better than the SBE. It doesn't jam far as I can tell. I still don't know how the in line ID system reduces muzzle jump, because it goes strait back, and the old ID back stem part of the bolt goes at a down ward angle, which in theory should reduce muzzle jump. I don't see cycling faster as any advantage, because my M2 cycles faster than I can pull the trigger, and alot faster than I can shoot doubles. I use my M2 for trap and I guess I would take less muzzle jump if it was given to me, but I wouldn't pay over $100 for it. I would think that a 3.5" vinci would have trouble with cheap loads.
well here is my theory with the inline ID i think that with the in line it goes straight back rite? so there is nothing else for it to have to rattle around you are getting all the recoil from the shell straight back into your arm but with the comfortech its breaking the recoil and giving the shooter virtually no recoil but since the recoils going back you are balancing out the recoil, sounds confusing but im pretty sure im dead on with this, now dont get me wrong i love the m2 i saw a really neat looking one at bp it was an m2 american i had never seen one or heard of one but its only $999 and the reciever is black instead of camo it was really cool i'm thinking about getting one eventually as a spare for duck hunting couse my 20 guage 870 express barely fits me but i'm sure you are right about if the vinci was 3.5 it may have cycleing problems but i'm sure the m2 would too. now have you shot the vinci couse you talk alot about it just wondering if you've fired it yet? Edited by VINCIshooter

well here is my theory with the inline ID i think that with the in line it goes straight back rite? so there is nothing else for it to have to rattle around you are getting all the recoil from the shell straight back into your arm but with the comfortech its breaking the recoil and giving the shooter virtually no recoil but since the recoils going back you are balancing out the recoil, sounds confusing but im pretty sure im dead on with this, now dont get me wrong i love the m2 i saw a really neat looking one at bp it was an m2 american i had never seen one or heard of one but its only $999 and the reciever is black instead of camo it was really cool i'm thinking about getting one eventually as a spare for duck hunting couse my 20 guage 870 express barely fits me but i'm sure you are right about if the vinci was 3.5 it may have cycleing problems but i'm sure the m2 would too. now have you shot the vinci couse you talk alot about it just wondering if you've fired it yet?

No I have not shot a vinci. I have held one. It feels nice. So does the M2. I think you are just praising the vinci because it's the new cool looking gun daddy bought you and Benelli hype is like the bible to you. Like I said I think and maybe you are right. BTW, fire fox has spell checker "cycleing" is cycling and "reciever" is receiver and "guage" is gauge and "im" is I'm and "american" is capitalized and "couse" is cause. You didn't get that vinci because of your English grade. My M2 kicks soft enough you would have to be a girl or a little boy to pay extra for a gun that kicks less than an M2 or you have a shoulder injury. I do agree that an M2 would have trouble cycling light loads in 3.5. My proof is the SBE.

No I have not shot a vinci. I have held one. It feels nice. So does the M2. I think you are just praising the vinci because it's the new cool looking gun daddy bought you and Benelli hype is like the bible to you. Like I said I think and maybe you are right. BTW, fire fox has spell checker "cycleing" is cycling and "reciever" is receiver and "guage" is gauge and "im" is I'm and "american" is capitalized and "couse" is cause. You didn't get that vinci because of your English grade. My M2 kicks soft enough you would have to be a girl or a little boy to pay extra for a gun that kicks less than an M2 or you have a shoulder injury. I do agree that an M2 would have trouble cycling light loads in 3.5. My proof is the SBE.
ok forgive me for my spelling i've been typing from my **** till my computer gets fixed. Well I do really love my benelli but here's the thing it's not becouse my daddy bought it for me ok my dad does alot of nice things for me but this was somthing special that I never thought ide ever get from him so it's really special and plus my sister helped chip in for it so it was a once in a lifetime thing for me and it's real special to me sorry if that makes you mad so yeah I am gonna treat it good just like everything else I have I don't know why you pick on me but if it's becouse my dad bought me a gun that's why jeez I can't have somthing nice without someone ruining it.

ok forgive me for my spelling i've been typing from my **** till my computer gets fixed. Well I do really love my benelli but here's the thing it's not becouse my daddy bought it for me ok my dad does alot of nice things for me but this was somthing special that I never thought ide ever get from him so it's really special and plus my sister helped chip in for it so it was a once in a lifetime thing for me and it's real special to me sorry if that makes you mad so yeah I am gonna treat it good just like everything else I have I don't know why you pick on me but if it's becouse my dad bought me a gun that's why jeez I can't have somthing nice without someone ruining it.

I was just teasing you I would take a vinci if it was given to me. You better do something nice for your dad and sister. The bottom line is you got a great gun. The fact that you didn't get all mad and start cussing me out means you are a better man than most.

I was just teasing you I would take a vinci if it was given to me. You better do something nice for your dad and sister. The bottom line is you got a great gun. The fact that you didn't get all mad and start cussing me out means you are a better man than most.
thank you I really apreciate it. What do you think of my theory on the in line inertia?

thank you I really apreciate it. What do you think of my theory on the in line inertia?

I am not sure, in theory the old system should be better in terms of muzzle jump because of the rear bolt stem moving at a downward angle. The new comfort tech system is at a different angle and looks a little different. Maybe the comfort tech calms the recoil alot. Perhaps the barrel is mounted lower in relation to the shoulder with the high rib making up for it. The Benelli website doesn't say the new ID system reduces muzzle climb and recoil. I think they made it this way so it would reduce the weight of the gun, because they are making the gun as light as possible. It is also simpler and the entire bolt is lighter making it more reliable. I am not so sure now that I have studied it more and thought about it that it would have trouble cycling light loads in a 3.5" chamber. When they make a better looking 3.5" vinci with more after market parts then I might have a new favorite hunting shotgun.

I am not sure, in theory the old system should be better in terms of muzzle jump because of the rear bolt stem moving at a downward angle. The new comfort tech system is at a different angle and looks a little different. Maybe the comfort tech calms the recoil alot. Perhaps the barrel is mounted lower in relation to the shoulder with the high rib making up for it. The Benelli website doesn't say the new ID system reduces muzzle climb and recoil. I think they made it this way so it would reduce the weight of the gun, because they are making the gun as light as possible. It is also simpler and the entire bolt is lighter making it more reliable. I am not so sure now that I have studied it more and thought about it that it would have trouble cycling light loads in a 3.5" chamber. When they make a better looking 3.5" vinci with more after market parts then I might have a new favorite hunting shotgun.

That's the only thing I can think of becouse like I said it's going straight back so you are getting all the pressure too your shoulder with the comfortech breaking recoil. I happen to like the look of the Vinci it's different and it's more comfortable on me than any of the other benellis, oh yeah I finally got a 25 with it and Im hitting 23,24,25s now I just gotta be hitting 25 with the ocassional 24 for competition

That's the only thing I can think of becouse like I said it's going straight back so you are getting all the pressure too your shoulder with the comfortech breaking recoil. I happen to like the look of the Vinci it's different and it's more comfortable on me than any of the other benellis, oh yeah I finally got a 25 with it and Im hitting 23,24,25s now I just gotta be hitting 25 with the ocassional 24 for competition

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the vinci's looks have not grown on me but the entire gun has a little. And I choose function over fashion to a certain extent. For a hunting gun looks don't really matter, for a trap gun maybe a little but I would rather have an ugly gun I could average 99 with then a beautiful gun I could only average 90 with. Good luck with your future 50.

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the vinci's looks have not grown on me but the entire gun has a little. And I choose function over fashion to a certain extent. For a hunting gun looks don't really matter, for a trap gun maybe a little but I would rather have an ugly gun I could average 99 with then a beautiful gun I could only average 90 with. Good luck with your future 50.
exactly I would never choose a gun on looks funny coming from the guy with the vinci, but the m2 fit pretty good the sbe2 was better fit than the m2 but the vinci was perfect fit like a glove:D. if i was going for looks i would have gotten a legacy or a montefeltro silver. thx for the luck on the 50 i havent hit a 25 with it since that day i am hitting 24s and 23s alot just gotta tighten that gap. congrats on the m2 very nice gun. forgive me for the spelling im using my mp3 player

I don't have either gun but I do have a 20ga Cordoba and I live this gun. I have a Beretta 391 that I use for duck hunting but this year I'm going to use the 20ga for ducks. This summer I patterened the hevi-shot 20ga 3" 1 1/4 oz loads with the Cordoba using the IC choke. What a beautiful pattern at 35 yards!! I would recommend the 12ga Cordoba in Max 4 which is a beautiful gun.