A New Accessory

tucker301

I've been ridiculing gun accesories by joking about a rail mount cup holder for quite a while. I have not felt this humbled since my comments in the post mentioning duct tape as a method for mounting a flashlight and I found 70,000 google hits for "tactical" duct tape!

My other disparaging comment regards rail mounted LCD screens with DVD players. Can one of you guys dig up a photo of that??

My other disparaging comment regards rail mounted LCD screens with DVD players. Can one of you guys dig up a photo of that??

Well that took all of 2 minutes. Here's an i*pod Touch mounted to a sniper rifle.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/01/20/****-touch-mounted-on-m110-sniper-rifle/

Can anyone find a rail mounted fan?

Edited by OhioM4

The i*pod touch or i*phone mounted to the rifle is a serious application. It can be used in conjunction with software from Knights to determine the dope for your shot. I would not knock this accessory. The cup holder on the other hand, that is funny.

I'm thinking maybe a cigar holder would be in order also.

In fact there are many similarities between shotguns and cigars. For starters both are measured by gauge size. A 12ga shotgun shell if .729" in diameter. The cigar ring gauge size is measured in 64ths of an inch. For instance a 32 ring gauge cigar is 32/64" in diameter or 1/2".

It so happens that some Churchill size cigars are 47 ring gauge or .734" in diameter. Almost exactly the same diameter are the 12Ga shell. This means that almost all 12ga shotgun accessories can easily be adapted to 47 Ring gauge cigar accessories. The .005" difference should ensure your cigars do not fall out of your bandolier! You could use your old magazine tube as a handy cigar case. Although the cigars are twice as long as the shells so that cuts down on the magazine capacity dramatically.

So remember 12ga Shotgun Shells are almost exactly the same diameter as a 47ring gauge Cigar. It's not a common cigar gauge in the USA so you may be forced to switch to Cubans...but hey...things are tough all over.

Domestically the Dominican Cohiba Robusto Fino at 4.75" X 47ga is probably the shortest you will find. I'm sticking with Cubans.

Edited by OhioM4

In fact there are many similarities between shotguns and cigars. For starters both are measured by gauge size. A 12ga shotgun shell if .729" in diameter. The cigar ring gauge size is measured in 64ths of an inch. For instance a 32 ring gauge cigar is 32/64" in diameter or 1/2".

It so happens that some Churchill size cigars are 47 ring gauge or .734" in diameter. Almost exactly the same diameter are the 12Ga shell. This means that almost all 12ga shotgun accessories can easily be adapted to 47 Ring gauge cigar accessories. The .005" difference should ensure your cigars do not fall out of your bandolier! You could use your old magazine tube as a handy cigar case. Although the cigars are twice as long as the shells so that cuts down on the magazine capacity dramatically.

So remember 12ga Shotgun Shells are almost exactly the same diameter as a 47ring gauge Cigar. It's not a common cigar gauge in the USA so you may be forced to switch to Cubans...but hey...things are tough all over.

Domestically the Dominican Cohiba Robusto Fino at 4.75" X 47ga is probably the shortest you will find. I'm sticking with Cubans.

I did not realize the similarities between the cigar and the 12 ga. I do prefer the 50 ring maduro in the 5'' to 6'' range and my 12 ga.'s in 3.5''. Both with a lot of kick! It hurts so good... Nice job OhioM4.