sling question

Kwack Wacker2

I just tried to put my FA brand sling on my new SBE2...the sling stud on the stock is too wide:confused: and the sling's swivel won't lock in place.....what slings are you guys using for your SBEs.......I'm using the sling fro waterfowl

Most slings with the little stem sticking out that you push in to open it up, you can twist shut so there is no way it can come undone. If it is twisted halfway it will appear like the stud is to big. Try twisting the little stem you push in both ways.

I just tried to put my FA brand sling on my new SBE2...the sling stud on the stock is too wide:confused: and the sling's swivel won't lock in place.....what slings are you guys using for your SBEs.......I'm using the sling fro waterfowl

I use the ''Claw'' slings. They absolutley do not move once they are on your shoulder. The swivel also did not fit, so I found some that did and took the swivels off the ''Claw'' and rethreaded the nylon strap to the ones one the gun. Try the ''Claw'', you will like it. I turkey hunt and was sick and tired of the gun falling off of my shoulder while walking in with decoys, tent, etc. in my arms. A major pain in the butt. They make them in many colors, and camo,. Find one that you want and play around with the swivels. Mine actually came from an old sling that would not stay on my shoulder, and had to go anyway. Good luck.

I use the ''Claw'' slings. They absolutley do not move once they are on your shoulder. The swivel also did not fit, so I found some that did and took the swivels off the ''Claw'' and rethreaded the nylon strap to the ones one the gun. Try the ''Claw'', you will like it. I turkey hunt and was sick and tired of the gun falling off of my shoulder while walking in with decoys, tent, etc. in my arms. A major pain in the butt. They make them in many colors, and camo,. Find one that you want and play around with the swivels. Mine actually came from an old sling that would not stay on my shoulder, and had to go anyway. Good luck.

I know what you are talking about, I hate those old slings that keep falling off when you dont have a free hand to hold on to the sling so it doesn't slide off. I will buy one of those slings and try it out.

I know what you are talking about, I hate those old slings that keep falling off when you dont have a free hand to hold on to the sling so it doesn't slide off. I will buy one of those slings and try it out.

Let me know how it works out for you. I know you won't be dissapointed with the ''Claw''. They are not as pretty as some on the market, but I've found none better.

Let me know how it works out for you. I know you won't be dissapointed with the ''Claw''. They are not as pretty as some on the market, but I've found none better.

I chose function over fashion to a certain extent when it comes to hunting. I will probably wait to Christmas or my birthday that starts right before spring turkey season to buy one but I will let you know.