M4 and Slugs

New_Texan

I recently purchased an M4. I've only shot it once with some birdshot as buckshot and slugs were on backorder! I'm wondering, is there any limitations to shooting slugs out of the M4? Is using the choke sold with the gun alright to use? Does it make a difference if the slugs are rifled or not? Thanks for taking the time to answer these newbie questions!

I recently purchased an M4. I've only shot it once with some birdshot as buckshot and slugs were on backorder! I'm wondering, is there any limitations to shooting slugs out of the M4? Is using the choke sold with the gun alright to use? Does it make a difference if the slugs are rifled or not? Thanks for taking the time to answer these newbie questions!

use foster style slugs

I went to the range yesterday and shot a few slugs out of my M4...... I only run rifled slugs however...

I managed to get one "bullseye" by accident at a target way far out ....bu the rest of my slugs landed on the stomach area of the human silouette... kill shots nonetheless..

I think the point he is getting at is that any sabot would not be good with your M4 because it is a smooth bore, you would need a rifled barrel to take advantage of sabots.

Not only that, and not really that, but if you try to shoot a sabot through ANY kind of constriction choke, you will jack the barrel/choke up very likely. Just don't even buy the darn things so an accident CAN'T occur.