Choke tubes.

JesseJames38

I recently bought a used vent ribed 26in M3 barrel for my Benelli M3 shotgun. After looking on the benelli web sight it lists some extended choke tubes i would like to get for the shotgun but there seems to be no list for price or where to buy them. I have also looked at the extended choke tubes from Trulock which also appears to be pritty nice. Is there any advantage with going with a aftermarket company for choke tubes then the company who made the firearm? Also what company would you recomend for choke tubes if not benelli. Or if you do recomend Benelli choke tubes where do you find them at. For right now i am kinda looking at getting a set of them of the standard sizes. cylinder, improved cylinder, modified, improved modified, and full.

Jesse.

I recently bought a used vent ribed 26in M3 barrel for my Benelli M3 shotgun. After looking on the benelli web sight it lists some extended choke tubes i would like to get for the shotgun but there seems to be no list for price or where to buy them. I have also looked at the extended choke tubes from Trulock which also appears to be pritty nice. Is there any advantage with going with a aftermarket company for choke tubes then the company who made the firearm? Also what company would you recomend for choke tubes if not benelli. Or if you do recomend Benelli choke tubes where do you find them at. For right now i am kinda looking at getting a set of them of the standard sizes. cylinder, improved cylinder, modified, improved modified, and full.

Jesse.

It will be very hard to find factory Benelli chokes. Thats the main advantage with going to aftermarket. There everywhere. I have no experance with Trulock chokes, but I hear they are good. Carlson chokes www.choketube.com , and Briley www.Briley.com are some good choices as well. Here is a chart to see what choke type you need. http://www.choketube.com/guide.html Both choke companys are backed by a lifetime Warranty. If you buy 3 or more chokes through Carlsons, you get 5 bucks off per choke, free shipping, and a choke tube case.

What do you plan on using your chokes for? Hunting or pattern testing? Im sure youve done your research but keep in mind that those full chokes will keep that pattern tight for quite a ways out. Anyways if you let me know how you intend to use your chokes I can better advise you on chokes that Ive had great success with.

Mostly for everything. from clays and trap which i would like to try, to also hunting. And i would also like to get the whole set so its more "compleat" the same reasion why i bought the field barrel for the M3 instead of just buying a winchester or other type of semi auto shotgun.

Thanks

Jesse.

• 4 weeks later...

Never really updated this. But i whent out trap shooting with the flush mounted benllie IC choke tube and broke about 3 clays a round. Not very good by my standards but for being the first time going out i guess its not as bad as i think. On the other hand i bought 3 choke tubes to start with from trulock. a Full, Improved Modified, and a Modified extended choke tube. The second time after my 4th round of trap i am braking clays in the low to mid teens, so that is a major improvment. Not shure if its luck, or the chokes, or maybe its a bit of both. But i just say i am pritty happy so far. All the choke tubes i got from trulock are extended choke tubes.

Jesse

Not shure if its luck, or the chokes, or maybe its a bit of both.

Trap with IC is pushing it as far as I'm concerned, I just think the pattern is too loose by the time it gets out to the bird. Personally I use Mod or Improved Mod for trap. One thing I would suggest if you are semi-serious is to pattern your gun with your new and old chokes. Not only will you see the differences but you can see where your gun shoots and you'll know just that much more.

Trap with IC is pushing it as far as I'm concerned, I just think the pattern is too loose by the time it gets out to the bird. Personally I use Mod or Improved Mod for trap. One thing I would suggest if you are semi-serious is to pattern your gun with your new and old chokes. Not only will you see the differences but you can see where your gun shoots and you'll know just that much more.

+1 IC is to open, you could get away with light mod. most use mod. I use Improved mod.