What did I just buy?

MOOREGROUSE

I have been looking at Benellis in 20 gauge for upland hunting and some sporting clays, and today I found (and put on layaway) a used Benelli Super 90 in 20 gauge (looks to be new). I came home and tried to research what it was that I bought, and I am not coming up with much. It comes in a hard case, has 28" barells with a white mid-bead and fiber optic front bead. It has walnut stock and forend and screw-in chokes. I really like the way it feels and points, and bought it because it has the 28" barells (my clays gun has 30" and all of my game guns are 26" so I wanted one with 28").

I know its not an ultralight, as they only come with 24" barells. It's not an M2, as my friend has one in black synthetic and I have shot it before. I see that they made the Montefeltro with 28" and am wondering if that is what I bought? If so, are they still making them or when did they stop?

I can't wait to pick it up and try it out. It feels nice and definitely under 6 pound.

Any help/info is appreciated.

Mooregrouse

I have been looking at Benellis in 20 gauge for upland hunting and some sporting clays, and today I found (and put on layaway) a used Benelli Super 90 in 20 gauge (looks to be new). I came home and tried to research what it was that I bought, and I am not coming up with much. It comes in a hard case, has 28" barells with a white mid-bead and fiber optic front bead. It has walnut stock and forend and screw-in chokes. I really like the way it feels and points, and bought it because it has the 28" barells (my clays gun has 30" and all of my game guns are 26" so I wanted one with 28").

I know its not an ultralight, as they only come with 24" barells. It's not an M2, as my friend has one in black synthetic and I have shot it before. I see that they made the Montefeltro with 28" and am wondering if that is what I bought? If so, are they still making them or when did they stop?

I can't wait to pick it up and try it out. It feels nice and definitely under 6 pound.

Any help/info is appreciated.

Mooregrouse

If its a Monty, it will say it on the reciever. Its what it says. Its a old model Benelli.

Its an M1Super90 in 20 gauge. Its an older field model, they come in wood stock and syn.

Yep :) M1 Super 90 - they are all over the gun broker websites - extremely common firearm.

I've seen them selling used for as low as $350 in fair condition, up to $900 if essentially NIB.