benelli super nova shotgun

SaBoTaGe

Glad to join this Forum and Im new to Shotguns...So I just purchased BSV and have a couple of ?'s.....I plan to use it for hunting/clay etc, but where can I find a shorter barrel for Home defense????Also can I change the Front site on the barrel?? I would like to have ghost rings instead of the little bead looking thing..Last question the triangle shaped groove spot where a "rear sight" should be, is that there to add a red dot-scope or rail??? where can I purchase these wonderful toys at??? Thanks!!!

Glad to join this Forum and Im new to Shotguns...So I just purchased BSV and have a couple of ?'s.....I plan to use it for hunting/clay etc, but where can I find a shorter barrel for Home defense????Also can I change the Front site on the barrel?? I would like to have ghost rings instead of the little bead looking thing..Last question the triangle shaped groove spot where a "rear sight" should be, is that there to add a red dot-scope or rail??? where can I purchase these wonderful toys at??? Thanks!!!

Glad to have you, you might want to buy a new gun because the price of a barrel is very high. here is a link to a 18.5" barrel with ghost ring sights. You can buy scope mounts here that require no gunsmithing here and I dont know much about rails can anybody else help him?

Edited by Trapshooter1

Second shotgun for home defense is really the only way to go with Benelli's due to the cost of conversion, as was previously mentioned. My home defense gun is a Benelli Nova 18.5" with ghost rings. It cost $399, so less than just the cost of the barrel by it's self. Also, the rear ghost ring sight will require a gunsmith to install properly on your receiver, and it's probably not the best option for shooting clays, because you no longer have an open site picture. The ghost rings are fantastic for their intended purpouse, but they are in my experience a hinderence for small flying targets such as clays. I can hit them with my Nova, but it's mostly just good for hand thrown, and therefor slow moving close range clays. I went ahead and got a Supernova with a 28" vent rib barrel, and a fiber optic front bead for clays, because of the cost/ practicality issues with converting my Nova for that purpous. It is pretty shocking how much Benelli barrels go for isn't it? Cheaper to get a whole new gun! BTW, I went with Benelli as opposed to one of the Remington or Mossberg combo field/ defense kits with the 2 barrels because the Benelli's fit me much better.

Second shotgun for home defense is really the only way to go with Benelli's due to the cost of conversion, as was previously mentioned. My home defense gun is a Benelli Nova 18.5" with ghost rings. It cost $399, so less than just the cost of the barrel by it's self. Also, the rear ghost ring sight will require a gunsmith to install properly on your receiver, and it's probably not the best option for shooting clays, because you no longer have an open site picture. The ghost rings are fantastic for their intended purpouse, but they are in my experience a hinderence for small flying targets such as clays. I can hit them with my Nova, but it's mostly just good for hand thrown, and therefor slow moving close range clays. I went ahead and got a Supernova with a 28" vent rib barrel, and a fiber optic front bead for clays, because of the cost/ practicality issues with converting my Nova for that purpous. It is pretty shocking how much Benelli barrels go for isn't it? Cheaper to get a whole new gun! BTW, I went with Benelli as opposed to one of the Remington or Mossberg combo field/ defense kits with the 2 barrels because the Benelli's fit me much better.

He is right, If you want to put scope mounts or a rail and buy a barrel, you are better of with a new gun. You might find a used one with every thing you want at gun broker that has just been siting beside some guys bed in case he needs to defend his self and he needs some money so he sells his gun.

BTW since you are new to shotguns, you probably dont have an ffl. To buy guns on the internet you have to have a ffl. An ffl is just a liscence to buy and sell guns. If you don't have an ffl just go to your dealer and ask him for a copy of his ffl. He will probably charge you at the most $30. Or you can get one.

BTW since you are new to shotguns, you probably dont have an ffl. To buy guns on the internet you have to have a ffl. An ffl is just a liscence to buy and sell guns. If you don't have an ffl just go to your dealer and ask him for a copy of his ffl. He will probably charge you at the most $30. Or you can get one.

Im not new to guns at all..Got a ar-15, winchester 700, ar-15/ in a 22 lr, 9mm etc...I know all the ffl ropes etc...Maybe Ill just look for a used barrel etc.......I got a trained German shepherd so if they get by her, i have time to pick my posion on what Im gonna dish to the Intruder...Anybody know of any good sites to purchase some add ons to my SUperNova??

Edited by SaBoTaGe