Briley EZ bolt release

Trapshooter1

I don't know about these ones, the picture is pretty bad but it looks to me like its a $60 piece of plastic with briley's name on it and a hole for a screw to go into the button.

I made my own by drilling and tapping a hole through the OEM button and putting a plastic pad on top. The briley one looks to do the same thing as far as I can tell. But mine only cost $0.22 and a little bit of time. M1014 put something similar on his M4 with a 1911 magazine release. Duggan got a whole replacement button from GG&G I believe, it looks really good but its for an M4 so I don't know if that would work for an M2.

That said the pad has been the single best improvement I have made to my M2. So if you end up getting a bolt release mod, unless its a really crappy one, I think you will be nothing but happy with it.

There are several different bolt release buttons on the market.

Briley does have one available for the Benelli cost $45.00 has to be drilled and tapped etc.

Nordic makes one for about $15.00 (Alum) your existing bolt release must be drilled and tapped.

Arredondo makes one for about $20.00 (plastic) again your existing bolt release must be drilled and tapped.

GG&G includes a drilled and tapped bolt catch about $100.00

Progressive machine (alum) goes on with two-sided tape. (not sure they and still in business but shooters connections shows they still have some in stock) $44.00

DMW is a metal bar/plate that is retained by the forend and covers the bolt release button.

I have installed them all and they all work. Some I like better that others but that is a personal choice.

There are probably several more on the market or you could always make your own.

Good luck

Edited by c rum

Before I spend $150 on the GG&G... I'll try super glue and a quarter. I suppose you could always sell the "Fabulous, Awesome, Benelli Factory Bolt Release on Gunbroker.com for a ton of money...like that +0 Factory Mag Extension the other day.

Briley does have one available for the Benelli cost $45.00 has to be drilled and tapped etc.

Nordic makes one for about $15.00 (Alum) your existing bolt release must be drilled and tapped.

Arredondo makes one for about $20.00 (plastic) again your existing bolt release must be drilled and tapped.

Progressive machine (alum) goes on with two-sided tape. (not sure they and still in business but shooters connections shows they still have some in stock) $44.00

DMW is a metal bar/plate that is retained by the forend and covers the bolt release button.

I have installed them all and they all work. Some I like better that others but that is a personal choice.

There are probably several more on the market or you could always make your own.

Good luck

You are very knowledgeable on this topic, as you should be. On your website you advertise custom work for the M1. I guess you could do the same stuff for a M2 at the same price? What kind of bolt release do you install, can you send me a link or picture? And what kind/capacity magazine extension would be even in length with a 28" barrel?

You are very knowledgeable on this topic, as you should be. On your website you advertise custom work for the M1. I guess you could do the same stuff for a M2 at the same price? What kind of bolt release do you install, can you send me a link or picture? And what kind/capacity magazine extension would be even in length with a 28" barrel?

M1 or M2 are basically the same.

I use the Nordic Comp bolt release it works well and won't break the bank.

Mag ext tube would be a +7 for a 28" bbl gun. The +7 ext tube is is 17.63" long so it would not be exactly flush with the end of the bbl just a little short. A +8 is 20.28" long and would stick out past the end of the bbl a little. (measured from the end of the forearm) Give me a call or send me an email if I can help.

M1 or M2 are basically the same.

I use the Nordic Comp bolt release it works well and won't break the bank.

Mag ext tube would be a +7 for a 28" bbl gun. The +7 ext tube is is 17.63" long so it would not be exactly flush with the end of the bbl just a little short. A +8 is 20.28" long and would stick out past the end of the bbl a little. (measured from the end of the forearm) Give me a call or send me an email if I can help.

Thanks alot I was wondering which ext. to install when/if I install it, I will send an email shortly.

• 10 months later...

I just shot my first 3gun tourney (FNH Midwest 3gun) and THEN got my 1st benelli (m2, 21"). Getting Nordic mag extension (free tourney grab bag-SCORE!), thinking bolt release and charging handle only other real needs. Nordic vs GG&G vs other. This thread moves me toward Nordic speed button if gunsmith can handle labor.

C rum please pm me if you can recommend shop (I'm also in Springfield), or help a newbie.

Thx

Good luck

Which one did YOOOOUUUUU like best. That's what I'm after. Choices lead to repeated mistakes, experiences shared = wisdom :D:D

It is really a personal preference.

I use the Nordic button and the DMW speed bar (DMW is on an older M1)

The GG&G is nice but not really worth the price to me.

I don't care that much for the Arredondo as it is really too long.

PM requires not modifications to install and works fine too.

My personal pick is the Nordic button it works and priced right even with install cost.