What Barrel Shroud To Get???

M10144me

Looking for a good quality & fairly priced barrel shroud for my M1014? Any sugesstions as to what? What's the going price and where to get it?

Are the Tac Star universal barrel shrouds any good? Or is it one of those "you get what you pay for" deals...

Any suggestions, inputs or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

M10144me :D

whats up M10144me,I've been testing with the plastic Tac Star stuff,the ones with ears and the ones without,I got one on my M1 Super 90 Tactical that fits great with some fore end work,ain't choppin into my M1014,no way man.Shims are also required where the barrel clamps are also,I got one neat and squared away on one Benelli,I can do it on another,its definitely a trial and error thing,do not rush on the project.seeeeeyyaaaaaaa---M1014 smile.gif

Thanks for the response M1014!

Yeah, I do remember you posting a pic of your baby or should I say babies a few weeks ago and admired the barrel shroud you had on it.

I'm curently waiting on a TacStar barrel shroud that I got from Ebay. Any chance you could give me a step by step on how you mounted your shroud and any other hardware you might've bought separately? I'm not a gunsmith but can do "simple" mounting of accessories.

Any help is appreciated...

By the way, how do you post pics here??? Anyone know??? Finally found the software for my digicam and am illing to share my M1014 pics.

Out!

M10144me

Hi M1014!

Pics could be found at the EOTech hologram sights? thread. The dumb yahoo URL keeps on changing on me for some reason. Maybe I'm missing something here???

I fixed it again for the 3rd time since last nights post. Hope it stays for good...

Regards,

M10144me

hey M10144ME,whats up,3 key points on the heatshield install,first is ,get a heatshield with the long rear ears,second ,get a dremmeLLLLLL and carefully plan out the forend material removal so that your foerend and rear ears fit snuggly together durring reassembly,third, more home engineering on some shims for the front barrel clamps,you"ll see why,take your time and have fun,M1014 smile.gif

Thanks once again for the suport M1014!

The shroud just came in today and it's the metal kind...I'm having second thoughts on installing it since I feel (my personal opinion) that the plastic will work better (less stress on the brral finish) not to mention light weight.

By the way, were can i get those plastic barrel shrouds and the barrel clamps you mentioned and lastly, how much are we looking at? Sorry for all the questions...just wanna do this right.

Thanks again in advance for the input.

M10144me

hey M10144me,you're looking at about $15.00 for a plastic Tac Star model,I;ve experiemented with alot of them,the mutilated discarded models are all over the floor.Trial and error is the way to success.peace to you my Benelli brother---------------------M1014 smile.gif