25 round mag extension

Trapshooter1

Trapshooter slugs and buckshot come in boxes of 5, so I already have that capability :p

Joking aside I have seen that before. As an engineer I'm fascinated with it, but I could not find the price or the actual patent info. And seeing as I haven't the foggiest idea as to when I might use such a thing I'm not in a hot hurry to have one. But it is pretty sweet...:D

Hey all you tacticool guys, a lot of you are putting hi capacity mags on your HD shotguns, how would you like to have a magazine that holds a box of shells? Here it is on the M2:

and here is there website:

http://www.xrailbyrci.com/

They say it doesn't add significant weight to your shotgun, but I would call a box of shells significant weight.

Def cool looking, but like the others said thats one heavy gun at the front. Wouldnt want to be waving that around anywhere.

I gotta tell ya, when I first saw this thread, I'd forgotten that I'd looked at the Xrail system... and the first thing that popped into my head was a straight, 25 round magazine tube. Really. :p

What would that look like...an 18" barrel with an 80" extended tube magazine? How long would the tube have to be before you started shooting the end off it as the shot pattern expands? Wouldn't be much for close quarter combat. The magazine will enter the room wwwaaayyy before the muzzle.

A snail drum like Saiga uses might be nice.

Edited by OhioM4

Like I said... it popped into my head. One of those uncontrollable images that makes you laugh outloud.

80"? Naaaa... only maybe 75". :D

I'm going all out with 3" shells! A spring that long ain't going to compress into nothing.:p

I'll just wait for a Dillon Aero Gatling Gun in 12ga with a 4400 round magazine.

Edited by OhioM4

What would that look like...an 18" barrel with an 80" extended tube magazine? How long would the tube have to be before you started shooting the end off it as the shot pattern expands? Wouldn't be much for close quarter combat. The magazine will enter the room wwwaaayyy before the muzzle.

A snail drum like Saiga uses might be nice.

I think the reason that most dont go past the barrel, is because in a combat situation, you want the barrel to be short, and if the magazine extends past it, it defeats the purpose. Some competition shotgun shooters have tubes that stick a good bit past the barrel, but much longer and you run the risk of denting and bending the thin walls. The final reason is cosmetic appearance, I like tubes like Tim Bradley has (or like the one's from Kip on a 18.5" barrel) that are even, or pretty close with the barrel.

Edited by Trapshooter1

If I seen that god awful creation mounted on my M2 I would choke and die.:)

It does kind of look like the guy lost his ruler when measuring the screws don't it?

I'm sure we could convince Kip to make a nice looking one out of titanium in a Cerakote finish.

Edited by OhioM4