Has anyone heard from Kip?

Sukhoi_fan

What he sends is first rate. That's pretty good, but his strength obviously isn't running a business or managing employees. I personally wish him much success in getting his sh*t together. Hope to buy much more good stuff from him.

I was hoping to at least some items from him, which so far hasn't yet happened. Consider yourself lucky if you're actually gotten some goods from him.

Time's a'wastin' - time to get the show on the road.

I ran my purchase through gunbroker.com (Auction 133660641 on 7/10). He is still listing the ti tubes there. He has an active auction right now. However, I received no response to my winning auction, no acknowledgment, no correspondence at all. I have made three phone calls and left messages with no response. I have tried leaving messages through his website as well. I have posted inquiries on this forum.

If I were not a regular reader of this forum I would have long since left some scathing feedback on gunbroker.com. I'm sympathetic too, but there needs to be a minimal amount of communication. "Thanks for the order, I apologize for the delay, you are on the waiting list." was all I wanted to see. At this point I don't even know if he has my order queued and I still want to get on the list for a muzzle brake and charging handle but don't know how. I told you there had to be some sort of secret handshake involved.:(

Edited by OhioM4

I still want to get on the list for a muzzle brake and charging handle but don't know how. I told you there had to be some sort of secret handshake involved.:(

No secret handshake I'd bet, he's just trying to get things back on track. One wouldn't think there's a monster demand for M4 parts, but apparently there is enough to keep him super busy with tubes alone.

No one I'm aware of was gotten any of the other parts in the queue: no std picatinney rails yet to replace the marginal one on the M4, no muzzle brakes (aside from a couple of pics) and not even a pic yet of a charging handle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

All of the above parts I WILL buy from him, but I can understand your frustration as I had a good dose of it a month back.

It has only been a month since purchase of his tube for me, so I haven't had the long-standing history of some. That being said, ANY communication from Kip would be greatly appreciated. ****, even if he is too busy, a family member of his could maybe log in and chime in. If he is still posting gunbroker ads, atleast he didn't get hit by a bus. I remember on a part I was waiting for on a past vehicle of mine, the guy who was making the parts actually got into a motorcycle accident and died. It was only a few months later when his wife discovered his arrangement with his customers did we find this out.

While I think well of Kip, I do agree that barring accident/hospitalization or something, he should at least create a public update thread or a blog on his website or something of the nature and check/post in it at least once a week. It is disconcerting not to hear from the person you have given money to.

Another thing, when you called him, was it during the hours specified on his web-site?

I know Kip is busy, but he is hurting his reputation by not touching base a little more frequently.

I had a PM/email exchange with Kip the first week of June. He indicated that most, if not all, of the items he's working on would be available by late June-early July. While he may produce the finest replacement parts bar none, if those parts are unavailable that doesn't do any good for those of us needing those parts. I need my mag tube now. I guess I'm going to have to get it from someone else.

Another thing, when you called him, was it during the hours specified on his web-site?

I did consider that when he mentioned working night shift from 10PM to 10AM. I have called early in the morning between 8AM-9AM as well as once in the afternoon. There is an answering machine that picks up and left instructions on various ways to contact me including my screen name on this forum. I have not tried a late night call yet.

I did consider that when he mentioned working night shift from 10PM to 10AM. I have called early in the morning between 8AM-9AM as well as once in the afternoon. There is an answering machine that picks up and left instructions on various ways to contact me including my screen name on this forum. I have not tried a late night call yet.

Why don't you call him during the time he told you to on his website.

"We will respond to any urgent concerns regarding an order status, and will be available to receive calls between the hours of 5PM-7PM CST."-Kip's Website

Why don't you call him during the time he told you to on his website.

"We will respond to any urgent concerns regarding an order status, and will be available to receive calls between the hours of 5PM-7PM CST."-Kip's Website

I did not see the hours posted on his website a few weeks ago when I was trying to contact him. I will try again tomorrow at the appointed hour.

Guest cleefurd

Most of the calls I received this past few weeks were missed, and none saved to missed call file. Today ******* replaced my phone, now missed calls register... did not know what I was missing. Messages were saved fortunately, and retrievable since a defunct phone has no affect on that :). Here is the cut and paste of updates to our online store front;

CARRIERCOMP is making preparations to meet the demands related to product line expansion and new contracts within the Government and commercial industry. For this reason we will NOT process ANY credit card orders placed after July 11, 2009. Any orders placed AFTER July 11, 2009 will remain on our store ledger, and be honored in the order received when we resume full production capabilities. All completed orders placed through June 2nd shipped today (Aug 11, 2009) unless otherwise pending payment. Orders between June 3, 2009 and July 11, 2009 are expected to ship no later than Sept 10, 2009. Credit Card authorizations on orders placed AFTER July 11, 2009 will have expired by that time, and customers will be contacted directly to determine how/if they wish to renew their orders. We will be in Ohio and Wisconsin this week (Aug 12-18)finalizing contracts at the center of our expansion, and ensuing relocation to a larger faciity here in western Florida. Thank you for your continued patronage and support that has contributed to our growth this year. We look forward to continuous service for both industry and idividual alike.

All messages retrieved with our new phone will be returned regarding status inquiries not covered in this post. Still alive, as progress made will reveal. Special thanks to those who have openly acknowledged correspondance, although it is understandable those I missed had legitimate concern.

Guest cleefurd

Most of the calls I received this past few weeks were missed, and none saved to missed call file. Today ******* replaced my phone, now missed calls register... did not know what I was missing. Messages were saved fortunately, and retrievable since a defunct phone has no affect on that :). Here is the cut and paste of updates to our online store front;

CARRIERCOMP is making preparations to meet the demands related to product line expansion and new contracts within the Government and commercial industry. For this reason we will NOT process ANY credit card orders placed after July 11, 2009. Any orders placed AFTER July 11, 2009 will remain on our store ledger, and be honored in the order received when we resume full production capabilities. All completed orders placed through June 2nd shipped today (Aug 11, 2009) unless otherwise pending payment. Orders between June 3, 2009 and July 11, 2009 are expected to ship no later than Sept 10, 2009. Credit Card authorizations on orders placed AFTER July 11, 2009 will have expired by that time, and customers will be contacted directly to determine how/if they wish to renew their orders. We will be in Ohio and Wisconsin this week (Aug 12-18)finalizing contracts at the center of our expansion, and ensuing relocation to a larger faciity here in western Florida. Thank you for your continued patronage and support that has contributed to our growth this year. We look forward to continuous service for both industry and idividual alike.

All messages retrieved with our new phone will be returned regarding status inquiries not covered in this post. Still alive, as progress made will reveal. Special thanks to those who have openly acknowledged correspondance, although it is understandable those I missed had legitimate concern.

Guest cleefurd