Best Turkey Loads for my benelli

ishootkittens

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I shot those targets @20 yards with my loads I shoot their would be a baseball size hole in it.

Post it. Post pattern tests of multiple loads. It's easier to put people down than it is to actually go out and do the work and hope that you help just one person. I can make baseball sized holes in paper too but that doesn't help anyone here.

Tyson I shoot one shell and those are Nitros. Patterned my gun 5 years ago and only shoot it at turkeys. No need to throw 10 bucks a shell out the window when you know what your gun and pattern does. But I will tell you at 20 yards it's baseball size with a few flyers.

This is what happens when they come to close like 20 yards

2012.jpg

Tyson I shoot one shell and those are Nitros. Patterned my gun 5 years ago and only shoot it at turkeys. No need to throw 10 bucks a shell out the window when you know what your gun and pattern does. But I will tell you at 20 yards it's baseball size with a few flyers.

This is what happens when they come to close like 20 yards

2012.jpg

I will have to take your word on this one, because that is one load I will not be pattern testing for this forum. Wish you had the paper targets to post. Oh well. Good Luck this fall if you have a fall shotgun season otherwise best of luck next

Spring.

Hey tyson, thought you might like to see this pic of mine, 3" 2 oz federal FC #5 .665 non ported choke 35 yards :

FedFlcsf2.jpg

Nice pattern Trapshooter1. Was that out of your new Benelli? Thanks for the pic. I will have to get out there and do a few more pattern tests when I get a chance, baiting bear has been a lot more work than I had planned for.

i was even suprised hearing about 6's being used for turkey! learn something everyday i guesss

Oh lordy, H-13 #6's with the right choke combination can be deadly, just deadly....

Same for Federal HW #7's....

If you guys really want good turkey load info, spend some time on the NWTF board & the Old Gobbler boards :)

+1 where did you find federal turkey loads in 7? Smallest I can find is 6. You could have effective penetration with a 7 in high velocity or heavy weight.

The pattern test I did with the Federal Premium Mag-Shok HeavyWeight Turkey come in #7 and they say its as dense as #5 out to 40 yards.

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/shotshell.aspx