Benelli M4 12ga Black Semi-Auto for Sale.

countleo

A couple or three years old, unfired, been sitting in my vault. Located in Southern California, can give you my gunshop's name and contact person for reference, or whatever else trips your trigger. I'm thinking $1,400 net to me, buyer pays all expenses. New to selling a gun online, will most likely post on gunbroker.com this weekend. Drop me a note if interested, let's talk and go from there.

Carl

Well it's the M-4. Not sure if the year made affects that, but I'll break open the vault later today when I get a moment and get serial number for interested parties. I'll check the manual that came with it and see if that gives me any additional information. Hopefully that helps. I'll also call Precision Arms in Escondido where I purchased it and see if Jerry has any thing else to add. Not sure if I can upload photos here.

I hear these go for $1,800 from an ffl these days, I waited about 6 months to get mine. I loss my mom a couple of weeks ago, two months of sitting at her bedside took a hit on my income. That's why the more than reasonable price.

Well it's the M-4. Not sure if the year made affects that, but I'll break open the vault later today when I get a moment and get serial number for interested parties. I'll check the manual that came with it and see if that gives me any additional information. Hopefully that helps. I'll also call Precision Arms in Escondido where I purchased it and see if Jerry has any thing else to add. Not sure if I can upload photos here.

I hear these go for $1,800 from an ffl these days, I waited about 6 months to get mine. I loss my mom a couple of weeks ago, two months of sitting at her bedside took a hit on my income. That's why the more than reasonable price.

They go for around $1500 NIB from a dealer online if they are the 11707 model.

Good price, what model is it?

11707 or earlier?

OK, pulled it out of the vault looking for additional nomenclature other than the M4 discription. What I found under on the right side of the weapon, just behind the charging well, was the following identifier: Y011736. Is that what you refer to? So what does that mean to me? Photo upon request.

They go for around $1500 NIB from a dealer online if they are the 11707 model.

Thanks for the info., called Jerry up after receiving your post, he confirmed saying that he just got three in and he's put one on special at app. $1,595. Which is good 'cause I thought I was really cutting the price too much. clb

How many gas-ports are in the barrel? How many notches are on the recoil tube? Is there a flag engraved on the reciever?

Too funny! I actually got the weapon out and started looking for these items. Look, if you're interested in the weapon, send me an email address and I'd be happy to send you photos taken this evening.

Too funny! I actually got the weapon out and started looking for these items. Look, if you're interested in the weapon, send me an email address and I'd be happy to send you photos taken this evening.

Not interested, just trying to help you determine what you have. Anyone who knows anything about M4's will want to know if it will: Accept a telescoping stock, is a 2 or 4 port.

There's a two letter code on the barrel near the receiver. Look up that code on this chart and you will have the year of production.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94026&postcount=2

You can check the port count (either 2 or 4) by simply removing the barrel and looking down the barrel from the breach end.

Thanks! It says BZ which according to the chart is a 2005 year manufacture.

As far as ports? I'm assuming those are the two cylinders located under the barrel, concealed by the fore end piece?

Thanks to all, but to me, it's just a really cool shotgun that sits behind the bedroom door as a fall back weapon when not in the vault. Now if you want to talk Leonbergers, I know something about them..

Thanks again, carl

Not interested, just trying to help you determine what you have. Anyone who knows anything about M4's will want to know if it will: Accept a telescoping stock, is a 2 or 4 port.

Thanks for the info., please refer to response to Sukhoi_fan. I'm still not sure that I know what a port is, I was thinking those little holes at the end of a barrel, like the compensator on my Win. .300 tactical target rifle. I just bought a bunch of toys and know next to nothing about the finer inner workings. Cheers, Carl

The ports are in the barrel adjacent to the two gas pistons (as you referred to as two cylinders which house the pistons), and the gas vented from the ports actuates the gas pistons.

The initial design called for four ports, two for each piston, but that was later revised to just one port per piston. It's a very simple matter to remove the magazine tube cap and pull the barrel/upper receiver assembly off the gun. Then you can view through the barrel from the breach end, and the port arrangement will be very obvious - there will either be two or four ports.

How many gas-ports are in the barrel? How many notches are on the recoil tube? Is there a flag engraved on the reciever?

OK, got a moment, did some research on this site to find exactly where to look for the ports, and I thought they were compensators... Yeah, ok..

There are two, located approximately 4.5 inches forward of the breech, and are positioned at approximately the 5 & 7 o'clock position. Thanks for making me aware of this feature.

Now I'm looking for a flag. Could you suggest where I might find this on the receiver, on the outside, inside, etc.

Thanks again, clb

Thanks for the feedback Kukhoi_fan. No flag, just stampings which of course include the BZ date stamp.

later, clb

Sounds to me like an 11707. Now check the recoil tube (by removing the butt-stock. You take the trigger-group out and then un-screw the whole buttstock from the reciever. The whole thing just unscrews once the TG is out.)

Is it a 2 or 3 position recoil tube? Here are recoil tubes for you to reference.

ejvehs.jpg

-OR-

1946sx.jpg

I'm not sure what the 11707 version is, or that I'd be able to get the weapon back together correctly. What would the different recoil tube assemblies offer? Thanks again Unobtanium...

Whether or not a collapsible stock will function optimally, or at all.

Yes, you can get it back togather. If you can put your shoe on you can do this.

Step 1: remove bolt handle from bolt carrier group by twisting and pulling (it goes back the same way).

Step 2: push take-down pin located on lower-reciever and then hook the charging-bolt-head under it and pull it out until it stops (it will remain in the weapon so as to not be lost).

Step 3: Press bolt-release button and hold.

Step 4: Pull trigger group out.

Step 5: un-screw entire buttstock assy.

Perform in reverse order to put it back togather.

I can perform these steps in under 2 minutes taking my time. You can do it too. Simple stuff.

What would the different recoil tube assemblies offer?
The distinction is whether or not the recoil tube will allow for the telescoping buttstock to be functional rather than just fixed at fully extended. This would only be of value to those interested in installing the telescoping buttstock and have it actually function. A correct recoil tube for this purpose is in the neighborhood of $200, so it's attractive to those who wish to put on a telescoping buttstock. My 11707 manufactured last year came with a fixed PG buttstock yet the recoil tube is the 3 position recoil tube, so a telescoping buttstock would work on mine like it was intended to if I were to install it on a 922r compliant gun. Edited by Sukhoi_fan

The distinction is whether or not the recoil tube will allow for the telescoping buttstock to be functional rather than just fixed at fully extended. This would only be of value to those interested in installing the telescoping buttstock and have it actually function. A correct recoil tube for this purpose is in the neighborhood of $200, so it's attractive to those who wish to put on a telescoping buttstock. My 11707 manufactured last year came with a fixed PG buttstock yet the recoil tube is the 3 position recoil tube, so a telescoping buttstock would work on mine like it was intended to if I were to install it on a 922r compliant gun.

Thanks for the information! I question wether or not I'd be able to get everything back together properly. As stated eariler, I put the weapon on Gun Broker, so it would be good to know so that I can pass it on. What's you take on how difficult this procedure would be for a guy that usually just pulls the trigger?

Whether or not a collapsible stock will function optimally, or at all.

Yes, you can get it back togather. If you can put your shoe on you can do this.

Step 1: remove bolt handle from bolt carrier group by twisting and pulling (it goes back the same way).

Step 2: push take-down pin located on lower-reciever and then hook the charging-bolt-head under it and pull it out until it stops (it will remain in the weapon so as to not be lost).

Step 3: Press bolt-release button and hold.

Step 4: Pull trigger group out.

Step 5: un-screw entire buttstock assy.

Perform in reverse order to put it back togather.

I can perform these steps in under 2 minutes taking my time. You can do it too. Simple stuff.

Simple stuff eh? Ok, I'll try it out with coffee in the morning. thanks again.

Thanks for the information! I question wether or not I'd be able to get everything back together properly. As stated eariler, I put the weapon on Gun Broker, so it would be good to know so that I can pass it on. What's you take on how difficult this procedure would be for a guy that usually just pulls the trigger?

If you can change a light bulb then you can remove the stock, take a look, and then re-assemble it according to the instructions Unobtanium posted. The only part of the re-assembly that 'appears' difficult at first is getting the trigger group assembly back in, you just have to make sure you depress the bolt release button when putting the trigger group assembly back into the receiver. Piece of cake really.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan