KZ U.S. made forearm review

Hookster

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for you notice:

optic on a HD shotgun gives you a quicker aiming, therefore a possible advantage over the offender.

a tactical choke is used for breaching doors, and increasing accuracy using buckshot and slugs.

and yes, this IS barbie for guns. if you don't like barbie, don't bother.

Hookster, a couple questions if you don't mind:

1) is the KZ a one-piece tube that slips over the barrel, or does it have a bottom half that snaps in like factory and a top half that bolts to the bottom somehow? If so, does that create problems upon disassembly?

2) Regarding disassembly, do the screws clamping the top rail to the receiver have to be removed in order to disassemble/remove the handguard?

Sorry for my ignorance. I think I'll be buying an M4 that's sitting on my dealer's rack, and I can already feel the need to customize! It's my understanding that the KZ forend, a U.S. follower and U.S. made 1 or 2 piece extension tube make it 922 compliant, right?

Thanks!

Please dont take this the wrong way, but if you dont have the money to go buy the M4 why are you inquiring about expensive modification parts that you obviously cannot afford either. How about you purchase the M4, shoot a few hundred rounds through it and then think about mods and accessories. Just my $0.02.

Edited by needncash
spelling

Please dont take this the wrong way, but if you dont have the money to go buy the M4 why are you inquiring about expensive modification parts that you obviously cannot afford either. How about you purchase the M4, shoot a few hundred rounds through it and then think about mods and accessories. Just my $0.02.

i was thinking the same thing.:o but probably like me, he's doing his research first!!

Hookster, a couple questions if you don't mind:

1) is the KZ a one-piece tube that slips over the barrel, or does it have a bottom half that snaps in like factory and a top half that bolts to the bottom somehow? If so, does that create problems upon disassembly?

2) Regarding disassembly, do the screws clamping the top rail to the receiver have to be removed in order to disassemble/remove the handguard?

Sorry for my ignorance. I think I'll be buying an M4 that's sitting on my dealer's rack, and I can already feel the need to customize! It's my understanding that the KZ forend, a U.S. follower and U.S. made 1 or 2 piece extension tube make it 922 compliant, right?

Thanks!

Hi Shuter,

The KZ hanguard portion is 1 piece

You don't need to remove the screws holding the hanguard portion to the receiver to remove the handguard but if you wanted to remove it you would need to remove the screws that hold the hanguard to the rail. You don't need to remove it to remove and replace the barrel though.

For 922r, If you don't have a collapsable stock, I'd get a one piece US made mag tube (Carriercomp!)

http://www.shop.carriercomp.com/

+ US follower (Brownells!)

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=44592/pid=20384/sku/Benelli_Follower__Alum__Red__12_3__Ga_

+ US made forend (KZ or Surefire)

I run the Surefire. Here's a pic

001.jpg

One other option is to wait about two months for the Mesa Urbino PG replacement stock to come out. This would allow you to keep the OEM forend. I plan to get one and switch back to the OEM grips but I don't need the rails provided by the KZ or Surefire since I have everything mounted to my Sidearmor rails

Later,

Hookster :)

Edited by Hookster

Hi Shuter,

The KZ hanguard portion is 1 piece

You don't need to remove the screws holding the hanguard portion to the receiver to remove the handguard but if you wanted to remove it you would need to remove the screws that hold the hanguard to the rail. You don't need to remove it to remove and replace the barrel though.

For 922r, If you don't have a collapsable stock, I'd get a one piece US made mag tube (Carriercomp!)

http://www.shop.carriercomp.com/

+ US follower (Brownells!)

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=44592/pid=20384/sku/Benelli_Follower__Alum__Red__12_3__Ga_

+ US made forend (KZ or Surefire)

I run the Surefire. Here's a pic

001.jpg

One other option is to wait about two months for the Mesa Urbino PG replacement stock to come out. This would allow you to keep the OEM forend. I plan to get one and switch back to the OEM grips but I don't need the rails provided by the KZ or Surefire since I have everything mounted to my Sidearmor rails

Later,

What is the part number for the W.C. Wolff spring? I found one on brownells but not sure, take a look. Is that the correct magazine spring?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=48408/sku/Benelli_Super_90_XP_Magazine_Spring

What is the part number for the W.C. Wolff spring? I found one on brownells but not sure, take a look. Is that the correct magazine spring?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=48408/sku/Benelli_Super_90_XP_Magazine_Spring

I'm not sure that the Brownells one is the same one.

On Kip's Carriercomp site he describes the Wolff spring as an exclusive spring made to their (Carriercomp's) specifications. They don't list a part #. I'd order it from Kip.

Later,

• 3 weeks later...
hey HOOKY, or anyone for that matter, whats the going rate for this kz forearm/ rail syst?? and where to get it the cheapest?? m4JOHNNY boy is lookin!!:p is 199$ a good price for the pic rail and forearm??

I guess I could have done that for my self Skeet, but thanks for the shout out..........

anyone?????????????????????

199.00 a good deal for the KZ???

F**** It i got 2700 in this damn cannon already... lets make it a flat 3K....

lets see what can I buy for another 100 bucks......

hey HOOKY, or anyone for that matter, whats the going rate for this kz forearm/ rail syst?? and where to get it the cheapest?? m4JOHNNY boy is lookin!!:p is 199$ a good price for the pic rail and forearm??

Yup.... That's the going price from Botach which is the only place to get them as far as I know

http://www.botachtactical.com/kzm4.html

Hooooooookster.............................:)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey MeanGreen,

Let us know what you think of the KZ when you get it (mine arrived within the week. Not bad for Botach) I think it's good to have a lot of opinions about products on the site so people have more to go on when their thinking about getting something. The follower that I got from Brownells (the one StrangerDanger recommended) isn't from DMW it actually lists Brownells as the manufacturer:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=20384/Product/SHOTGUN_FOLLOWERS

Take Care,

Hookster

exactly which part number did you get ? there are several for Benelli but its confusing wqhich one is for the M4?

Here's the one that I use and am very happy with

Later,

are you sure? if you click that link and look at the question box they say:

Q:

Doe this product work in the Benelli M4

Asked on 2/16/2010 by Shippy from Chapel Hill, NC

Know the answer?

1 answer

• Brownells Technical Support

A:
    No this is for the M1 line of shotguns. The M-4 uses a different shape use 301-000-537 for the factory replacement part.
    Answered on 2/17/2010 by Customer Care from Brownells

BTW - I tried to read all 15 pages of this thread. did you finally stay with the SF forearm ?

Yeah, that's the one I'm using and it works fine. The Brownells stock # in that answer brings up a Benelli manufactured follower and therefore not a compliance part which is why I chose the Brownells (made in USA) follower.

Also...yes, I'm still using the Surefire M80 forend but plan to switch back to stock grips after I get a Mesa Urbino stock and use it as my 3rd compliance part.

Later,

Edited by Hookster