Vinci assembly

BlackDogs3

A friend of mine just purchased a new Vinci camo. He cannot get the fore end to lock onto the barrel. I have checked out the quick assembly instructions. It looks straight forward and simple. The gun was assembled when he bought it and was broken down and put in the case. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike the other bonebutts on this forum, I will be happy to help. There is a flat retractable pin on the stock end of the Vinci fore end that looks like it should go into a hole on the stock. IT DOES NOT GO INTO THE HOLE/SLOT. Instead, the pin is designed to press against the plate above the hole/slot in the stock. This is very confusing and not addressed at all in the Benelli Vinci manual. They do tell you to align the notch on the fore end with the white dot on the barrel, but they do not tell you why this is important. It is necessary to keep the fore end pressed tightly against the barrel when you slide it toward the stock. Other wise, the pin will go into the slot not onto the plate above it and you will not be able to lock the fore end in place. In addition, the extra paint on the camo model makes the fore end fit very tightly until it is broken in. You really need to brace the recoil pad on something and press the fore end onto the stock with some force. Once everything is pressed together correctly, the lock pivots without resistance and the gun is assembled. If you are using a lot of force to turn the fore end lock, you haven't got everything aligned and pushed together. It is easy once you get the hang of it, but it stumped our gunsmith for about 15 min. He had to check the net before he figured it out and he assembled the gun the first time out of the box without a problem.

BigAl33:

The Vinci is a very very nice gun. It's light and it still kicks a bit, but my buddy shoots it like it was made for him. A very very nice dead-on pattern with the factory mod choke and 3" steel #4 shot at 32 yards. It shoots a little high for me and would need some adjusting but it is a very nice gun. I won't be trading my new SBEII in on one anytime soon, but if the the Vinci was out when I bought my SBEII, it would have been a tough decision. If you are looking for a light 12 ga that shoots great, the Vinci is for you. I would still add a LimbSaver recoil pad, but I'm a bit of a wuss about recoil. I really like the LimbSaver pads and they seem to fit my shoulder better than the Benelli pads. I also really like the way the Vinci breaks down. It took a little getting used to for assembly, but it breaks down and is much easier to clean than the SBEII and that's saying something.

Edited by BlackDogs3

Hognutz:

I assume the trigger assembly comes out with the removal of a pin. I don't think that my buddy has gone there yet, so I don't actually know.

I just brought my new Vinci home. 26''bbl. and Realtree camo. I guess I will find out soon enough if it comes out. The guy at Cabela's wasn't sure. I will get back to you on how I like after I get some rounds through it.. Thanks

The trigger assembly comes out very easy. all you do is pop the pin out and pull the trigger assembly up and out...very easy to clean and for the most part really doesnt need much cleaning, even after several boxes of shells. And about getting the gun assembled, it does take some force and you have to make sure it is in the take down mode with the white dot showing. after a few times it becomes alot easier.

I just got done taking it all apart. I'm sure it will be a little easier the second time around. All in all, not so bad. Changed the shim to "C", and hopefully will get to pattern it tomorrow. So far, so good. A little more detailed to take apart, but still pretty basic. Once you understand what they want you to do. Thanks Wyobirdhunter...

Thanks a lot for the help BlackDogs3, but I guess my problem isn't exactly the same as yours. I have my retractable pin pressed against the plate but my fore ends can't slide all the way to the meet the stock, it always leaves 1/4 of a inch gap to the stock and becomes stuck. I am pretty frustrated right now and I don't want to resort to a mallet.

Make sure that the shim is in straight. When I changed the shim, I did not have it flat against the butt stock, and had the same problem. The bbl. would go on, but I could not get the trigger/ forearm to go on all the way. Look at the shim and make sure it is flat all the way around. If not, loosen the nut/thread assembly and straighten the shim and retighten. Let me know..

Also, make sure that the white dot is in the window on the forearm. If the knob on the end of the forearm got turned, the take down button will have to be depressed and the knob turned a quarter turn. And don't get the mallet out. Something very minor is keeping it from going together.

1. I never changed the shim yet and although the shim looks flat to the stock I tried to re-adjust it but the nut on the stock was secured so tightly I can not remove it without mangling it up with my wrench

tikon-updates.com/1.jpg

tikon-updates.com/2.jpg

2. Here is how it looks with the stock and barrel assembled

tikon-updates.com/4.jpg

tikon-updates.com/5.jpg

tikon-updates.com/6.jpg

3. Here is how far I can get the fore end to slide to the stock before it becomes completely stuck.

tikon-updates.com/3.jpg

tikon-updates.com/7.jpg

Please, any help would be really appreciated.

Sorry to post the images without hyperlinks I don't have enough posts to be able to.

hey no problem! Also do you notice on yours that the bolt head will slide back and for by jusy tipping the gun up and down while the action is open? does that make since? If you would check that would be great

I just checked mine and it does the same. It stays loose until it locks up. My guess is that if it were under tension it would create wear every time it went into and out of battery. May have something to do with the inertia drive also. Not sure why, but I wouldn't worry about it.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you please tell me what the trick is? I just bought a brand new vinci and am having the same exact problem.

I just took my new Vinci out this weekend to break it in. Great gun, I'm very happy with it.

The trick to putting it together for me was to sit down, so I could apply the needed pressure, while pressing down. You need to make sure the dots are lined up and in the correct place.

I'm new to all this, but having a great time

Just got my new vinci 3 days ago, the first 3-4 times i had to do the same thing, sit in a chair, put the stock between my legs on the chair and rest the barrel along my chest and put some muscle in my downforce of the forend. now it just slides in with very little effort. just need to be broke in a bit..

• 3 months later...
I'm having a similar problem. I can't get the chamber housing (bottom piece) to mount flush in order to lock the magazine tube. Please help!

Make sure that the white dot is in the window on the forearm. If not, you need to push the button in and turn the locking knob a quarter turn, until it is. Put the butt stock on a table or other hard surface with the barrel facing up. Line up the white dots on the forearm and the bottom of the barrel. Push the forearm assembly down towards the butt of the gun. It will take some force. When it is pushed in all the way, reach up and turn the locking nut to lock forearm assembly onto the barrel. It gets easier after you do this a few times. Good luck, and let me know if this helped you. Mike

Personally I've found that if I gently rotate the magazine tube assembly at the same time I'm pushing the forearm down/back toward the stock it helps pull the forearm into position much more easily.

Also, occasionally I've needed to depress the hammer back into the mechanism to get the forearm to fit all the way to the barrel before I try to lock it in. The small white dot on the side of the barrel needs to be right down in the alignment notch on the forearm.