Supernova Tips?

Gillt

OK first off, this is my first thread and want to ask a couple of questions that hopefully you guys can answer. So earlier today I purchased a 12 g Benelli Supernova w steady grip(black synthetic). This gun is beautiful and I am so happy with my purchase. But anyway I need to know what chokes to use for what, the gun came with full and modified, and a choke was already in the gun when i bought it. Does anyone know what choke would already be in the gun? Also I love to deer hunt and want to know how much and how easy i could get a rifled barrel or rifled choke. Also what choke would be best for squirell season cause that's right around the corner. Thanks and sorry if these are basic questions that have been answered a million times before, I'm new to these forums.

There should be some small notches visable in the edge of the choke in addition to the 4 cut outs for the choke tool that tell you what type it is. Four notches = Improved cylinder (which is probably what's in the gun), three notches=Modified and one notch=Full

Hookster

OK first off, this is my first thread and want to ask a couple of questions that hopefully you guys can answer. So earlier today I purchased a 12 g Benelli Supernova w steady grip(black synthetic). This gun is beautiful and I am so happy with my purchase. But anyway I need to know what chokes to use for what, the gun came with full and modified, and a choke was already in the gun when i bought it. Does anyone know what choke would already be in the gun? Also I love to deer hunt and want to know how much and how easy i could get a rifled barrel or rifled choke. Also what choke would be best for squirell season cause that's right around the corner. Thanks and sorry if these are basic questions that have been answered a million times before, I'm new to these forums.

First off welcome to the forum, hopefully you will find all you are looking for and more.

Hookster did a good job of explaining the first choke situation so you can figure out what you have.

As far as the rifled barrel, you can probably get one, but it is going to be expensive. Like you can buy a remington 870 rifled instead kind of expensive. So look around a place like gunbroker or go to your dealer and see what they say. As for rifled choke tube, much cheaper but I don't know how well they work yet.

As far as squirrels go that kind of depends on how far away you are from them, but my first inclination would be to use the most open choke you have (Cylinder/Improved Cylinder) so as not to completely pulverize the little critters when you hit them.