Kublah

I have looked and looked and searched exaustively, so here I am at last resort. There are several things i am looking for.. I love my Benelli M4 but I would prefer a more traditional look, say wood. Does anyone know of any company that makes wood part (read, forgrips and stock) for a Benelli M4.

I am of course hoping for a standard stock, no pistol grip. If not I would not mind trying my hand at modifing a similar benelli design wood stock set to fit my M4. So are there any other models that have interchangeable or smiliar parts that with some modification could fit the M4?

Next, it is almost dove season again, and I would just get a total kick out of using my M4 for dove hunting. Unfortunatly in my state the limit is 1 in the chamber and a maximum of 2 in the tube, with a physical limiter ensuring no more than two. Does benelli or anyone else make a two round limiter for the M4? I have not modified my M4 with an extended tube, I am still using the standard 4 round tube.

Last, If the wood option does not work out I would like to get a regular standard synthetic stock (last resort if there is no modifiable option). Benelli says that it is available on the M4 webpage, but that part does not seem to exist anywhere else on their webpage. Further in the owners manual at the end it tells you how to install the 2 round limiter, but this piece also exists no #$!@ where on the Benelli website. Why is it so dang hard to find any support for the M4 on the benelli website?!!!

Benelli Please take note and offer more accessability to the parts you do indeed have for the M4. I can understand hiding the extended factory tube and the collapsable buttstock for whatever reason, but the standard stock and round limiter is annoying to us for you to hide.

I have looked and looked and searched exaustively, so here I am at last resort. There are several things i am looking for.. I love my Benelli M4 but I would prefer a more traditional look, say wood. Does anyone know of any company that makes wood part (read, forgrips and stock) for a Benelli M4.

I am of course hoping for a standard stock, no pistol grip. If not I would not mind trying my hand at modifing a similar benelli design wood stock set to fit my M4. So are there any other models that have interchangeable or smiliar parts that with some modification could fit the M4?

Next, it is almost dove season again, and I would just get a total kick out of using my M4 for dove hunting. Unfortunatly in my state the limit is 1 in the chamber and a maximum of 2 in the tube, with a physical limiter ensuring no more than two. Does benelli or anyone else make a two round limiter for the M4? I have not modified my M4 with an extended tube, I am still using the standard 4 round tube.

Last, If the wood option does not work out I would like to get a regular standard synthetic stock (last resort if there is no modifiable option). Benelli says that it is available on the M4 webpage, but that part does not seem to exist anywhere else on their webpage. Further in the owners manual at the end it tells you how to install the 2 round limiter, but this piece also exists no #$!@ where on the Benelli website. Why is it so dang hard to find any support for the M4 on the benelli website?!!!

Benelli Please take note and offer more accessability to the parts you do indeed have for the M4. I can understand hiding the extended factory tube and the collapsable buttstock for whatever reason, but the standard stock and round limiter is annoying to us for you to hide.

You can use a pencil for a plug. Sorry can't help you with the stock, but I know it is available with a standard stock.

Trapshooter, that is a very handy piece of advice, but I am not sure as to how the game and parks officials will see that.

And Hookster, Thank you that is very handy though $200 seems pretty steep for a synthetic stock.

I would still like to keep my inquiry open as to the 2 round limiter and the wood stock, either for the M4 directly or one that is modifiable to fit the M4.

Thank you both for your speedy responses.

If you decide to go with a synth. standard stock you might want to start a WTB thread here for it. It's possible that someone may have one that they'd let go at a better price or if by chance, you currently have a collapsable stock. I'm sure someone would want to trade with you. ;)

Hookster

Trapshooter, that is a very handy piece of advice, but I am not sure as to how the game and parks officials will see that.

And Hookster, Thank you that is very handy though $200 seems pretty steep for a synthetic stock.

I would still like to keep my inquiry open as to the 2 round limiter and the wood stock, either for the M4 directly or one that is modifiable to fit the M4.

Thank you both for your speedy responses.

I've picked up a very nice original Winchester Model 12 shotgun a couple of years ago. It had hardly been used. I got it to make a PDW/short HD shotgun out of it. When I removed the plug I found that it was the original plug and it was simply a wooden dowel with the following printed on it: WINCHESTER MOD 01 97 12 ALL GA 2 3/4" 3" SHELL

So a 3/8 - 1/2" wooden dowel will work fine as a plug on your M4. I seriously doubt Johnny Law will give you any grief over having a wooden dowel as a plug. I do know that Benelli actually makes a plug which consists a metal disc attached to an aluminum rod (IIRC). You can see what the Benelli plug looks like by checking out the image at this feebay listing, it's the item in the upper right of the image - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220465428183&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I know that at one point I had one of these Benelli plugs. I'll check to see if I still do.

As for a Benelli made synethetic conventional field stock, unless you find a deal where someone is unloading one, the best price you'll find is $165.00 from a Benelli dealer.

While a pencil may work, I would recommend a dowel rod more. You can go down to a hardware store and get a good sized (thickness and length) dowel rod for about $1. Plus if you decide you need a different plug for more or less rounds, or you end up putting a full length tube on you will have more than enough dowel left to make it happen. The pencil looks a little hokey and the DNR guys might give you crap about it but it should be legal as you are physically limiting the tube.

While a pencil may work, I would recommend a dowel rod more. You can go down to a hardware store and get a good sized (thickness and length) dowel rod for about $1. Plus if you decide you need a different plug for more or less rounds, or you end up putting a full length tube on you will have more than enough dowel left to make it happen. The pencil looks a little hokey and the DNR guys might give you crap about it but it should be legal as you are physically limiting the tube.

They have a marked rod down here that they push up into the magazine tube and if they can see the mark then the gun is ok, if they cant they write you up. I am friends with the game warden. As long as it is impossible to put 3 2.75" shells in the magazine tube you will be fine. A dowel rod sounds like a good option to.

Next, it is almost dove season again, and I would just get a total kick out of using my M4 for dove hunting. Unfortunatly in my state the limit is 1 in the chamber and a maximum of 2 in the tube, with a physical limiter ensuring no more than two. Does benelli or anyone else make a two round limiter for the M4?

Here is a two round magazine limiter plug for your M4. Although it states it fits the Nova 12, it works just as well with the M4 (so I have been told). Additionally, the 3 shot standard magazine plug description is taken in full and not in part; meaning it's a total of 3 shots, one in the chamber, two in the magazine. Unfortunately it is on backorder until mid September.

(Copy and paste into your web browser)

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=6463/Product/PLUG__3_SHOT__STANDARD_MAGAZINE

Here is a two round magazine limiter plug for your M4. Although it states it fits the Nova 12, it works just as well with the M4 (so I have been told). Additionally, the 3 shot standard magazine plug description is taken in full and not in part; meaning it's a total of 3 shots, one in the chamber, two in the magazine. Unfortunately it is on backorder until mid September.

(Copy and paste into your web browser)

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=6463/Product/PLUG__3_SHOT__STANDARD_MAGAZINE

Good info, this will help others if they have this problem.

I ended up using a 1/4 inch dowel rod. Cut the dowel rod to fit from the magazine tube cap down to the limit of two rounds in the chamber with a bit of extra play for comfort. Cut the remaining end of the dowel rod down to the length of the false magazine tube to the cap. Sanded those down flat on one side and glued them to the end of the limiter dowel rod so that the rod would not be loose in there or slip down and hit the spring or possibly limit the rounds to less. Also painted the dowel rod orange and wrote on it with a sharpe "two round limiter".

With all that finished I ended up running into a game warden the other day and asked him what he thought of my setup. His response was that he would have accepted alot less effort as good enough. Just to completely cover my a$$ I had him put that in writing, signed.:D

I really hope someone has an M4 and a similar other Benelli and can hopefully take a look to see how far off the M4 buttstock is from their other firearm.

I have a S90 M1 buttstock here on my desk (it also fits the M3 from what I gather) and I can tell you there's no way to get it to work on the M4. I don't even think serious butchery to it would come close to working, and it's a synthetic stock. Wood would be even more difficult, IMO.

Like I posted earlier, perhaps you can get a cu$tom 'one-off' made up. I see that as your only alternative.