Benelli M2

Birdboy

I use a Benelli M2 for dove shooting and I really like it a lot, most of my friends use Remington 1100 or 11-87 and they have all kinds of problems, something always breaks.

Anyway I notice that the top and bottom section of the ejection port is being worn by the spent shells, is this a normal feature. I am worried that it will eat away and damage the shotgun over time. Is there anything I can put on it to stop the wear.

I use a Benelli M2 for dove shooting and I really like it a lot, most of my friends use Remington 1100 or 11-87 and they have all kinds of problems, something always breaks.

Anyway I notice that the top and bottom section of the ejection port is being worn by the spent shells, is this a normal feature. I am worried that it will eat away and damage the shotgun over time. Is there anything I can put on it to stop the wear.

Yes this is normal for benellis. It would take a LOT of shells to actually damage the gun this way, I doubt it is even possible to physically damage the gun's function. It should only wear to a certain extent. I don't think you could cover it up without stopping the shell from jamming the gun. I am surprised you saw so many problems in multiple remingtons. Now if you said charles daly I would find that easier to believe.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...