I'm gettin' a nudder!

blue4

Howdy folks,

I'm a longtime viewer, bigtime Benelli fan and first time poster. So here we go.... Should I even be considering picking up an m4? I already own a (comfortech) m2 tactical and am deeply in love with her. I do NOT want to start an m2 vs m4 beef here. Either way, I will be geting another Benelli for defense and collection. I am thinking of a second m2 of the pistol gripped variety - but I can't stop wondering about the m4. The only thing I am concerned with on the m4 is the availibility to obtain parts and magazine extensions. What do y'all think? A new m4 OR a new m2 with a whole mess of buckshot? Yea, it won't be the toughest decision I've ever had to make but .......I need professional help!!! Thanks. B4

About 1/25 of those who use Mossbergs, Ithicas and so on. That statement when discussing M4's is like saying buy a Hummer because thats what the military uses.

What else would we expect to hear from a M1 or M2 owner? lol

The point is that the M4 was designed from the ground up to be 'mil spec', just as a Humvee was designed from the ground up to be 'mil spec'. The M2 wasn't subjected to trials at Aberdeen whereas the M4 was. That's the distinction.

Not that there's anything wrong with the M2, it's just that the M4 was designed for the battlefield and the M2 never was intended for the battlefield - a big difference.

The point is that the M4 was designed from the ground up to be 'mil spec', just as a Humvee was designed from the ground up to be 'mil spec'. The M2 wasn't subjected to trials at Aberdeen whereas the M4 was. That's the distinction.

Not that there's anything wrong with the M2, it's just that the M4 was designed for the battlefield and the M2 never was intended for the battlefield - a big difference.

My statement has nothing to do with me owning a M2 it was just the "MIL spec" comment being dropped too frequently around here. I was by no means trying to re-ignite the foolish M1/2 vs M4 bullcrap.

I didn't see the OP saying he was in the Military??

I didn't see the OP saying he was in the Military??

That and I would really love to see more than peoples opinions as to what a M4 does that a M1/2 doesn't. Given they won't cycle **** ammo or some non lethal rounds, when talking mil-spec I disregard those results since they use neither.

If we all wanted to be really particular a $450 Supernova with a Benelli extension will have the same capacity and is 10X more reliable.

Thanks for the replies, some valid and interesting points. My only reason for considering an m4 is I am concerned about throwing a mag extension and a side saddle onto my m2. I have never had any malfunctions out of her and I wanna keep it that way. Apparently with an m4 I can bolt on a mag tube, side saddle, 15 power leuopold optic, satellite receiver, 2 bayonets and throw an auto sear in her and she won't miss a beat. As far as mil spec goes, most active duty and prior service folk are aware that just because uncle sam issues ya hardware it may not always be the "best". (Although this probably does not apply to Benelli he he he.) Just look at the Bradley. It was designed from the ground up to be mil spec and it is. It's still a piece o' junk. (mostly)

Does anyone have an m2 configured with the mag extension and side carrier? If so, let me know how it runs.

Thanks for the replies everyone. B4