Monefeltro 20 gauge

whited35

I just bought a 24" Montefelto and it has the 2004 type reciever. The place I bought it from ordered it directly from Benelli so I thought it would come with the new 2005 reciever. Any thoughts on this? Should I call Benelli and see if they will get me the 2005 model?

I called this morning and they said to take it back to the store I bought it from. Tell them to retun it and they would send out a new reciever model. They said the new model was not out yet and I told them that the store had a 26" barrel on display that was the new model. They said they are shipping what ever they have in stock.

Do you know if you can put the extra shell under the bolt of the older model (2004) model? I have the older SBE and you can do it with that gun but I have never messed with the Motefeltro. What I mean is put four in the mag one in the pipe and then with the bolt open about half way slide a shell under the bolt so you can hold 6 insted of 5.

Thanks tucker301. I like to float an extra shell when I'm chukar hunting is the only reason I ask. The 20 gauge will let me care a few more shells in my pocket and a little more water. Light gun means more ammo. I hate the little *******s and hunt them with a passion.

Update! They told me that they would refund my money because they are not sending out the new model guns until all the older models are gone. So now I have to wait untill all the old models are gone. They told me to call back in about one month. I told customer service that was like buying a 2006 Ford and the factory sending you a 2005 then telling you sorry but that is just the way it is.