Heckler & Koch SBE recoil spring issues

brad b

I have an old SBE built by Heckler & Koch that i purchased in 1994. About two years ago I replace the recoil spring with a sure cycle kit and have not been pleased with the results in cycling everything from dove loads to 3.5" duck loads and it cycles very slow in temps below 40 degrees. I still have the original spring and tube. Would you recommend trying another factory spring or taking another route? Lastly what are the chances that it could be something in the action causing the slowness and not the recoil spring alone?

I have an old SBE built by Heckler & Koch that i purchased in 1994. About two years ago I replace the recoil spring with a sure cycle kit and have not been pleased with the results in cycling everything from dove loads to 3.5" duck loads and it cycles very slow in temps below 40 degrees. I still have the original spring and tube. Would you recommend trying another factory spring or taking another route? Lastly what are the chances that it could be something in the action causing the slowness and not the recoil spring alone?

Welcome to the forum, hopefully you find everything you need and more.

Does the action cycle slowly all the time? Does it work with any loads at any time? The reason I ask is if it only cycles slow in cold weather I would look more at what oil/lube you were using in the action than the recoil spring.

It is by no means what I would sonsider fast and only cycles 3.5" shells under ideal conditions. It is about 50/50 on 3" and does not cycle 2 3/4 at all. As for care and lube, I have cleaned the spring and tube very weel and I use rem oil and break free.

It is by no means what I would sonsider fast and only cycles 3.5" shells under ideal conditions. It is about 50/50 on 3" and does not cycle 2 3/4 at all. As for care and lube, I have cleaned the spring and tube very weel and I use rem oil and break free.

I have heard rem oil sticks but have not seen it happen but it only gets down to 10+ at the worst down here.