Burris Speedbead

BUCSFAN99

I'm thinking about buying a Burris Speedbead for mt SBE II. Do any of you have one? Is it worth the price?Just wondering what the rest of you have experienced. I see that the mount replaces the stock shim but I am curious if the optic is removeable in case of rain or whatever reason I would want to remove it without removing the stock and shim. Any info and experiences you have would be appreciated.

Yes, the body can be separated from the base mount... it would be a PITA if you had to yank the whole thing to change batteries for example. :p

I don't own one, but I've used a few guns fit with them, and think they're a good option for many hunters wanting a reflex dot optic.

Apparently, it won a NRA magazine award for "optic of the year".

C

Thanks creeper! After reading further it appears that it also has an auto brightness adjustment built in. That will be a nice addition. The main reason I want to be able to remove it easily is in case of rain and just in case it doesn't fit in the hard case. I guess I could take a Dremel Tool to the gun case to help it fit. I'm thinking about taking the plunge next week. I'm a big fan of holographic optics.

Thanks creeper! After reading further it appears that it also has an auto brightness adjustment built in. That will be a nice addition. The main reason I want to be able to remove it easily is in case of rain and just in case it doesn't fit in the hard case. I guess I could take a Dremel Tool to the gun case to help it fit. I'm thinking about taking the plunge next week. I'm a big fan of holographic optics.

Ah well, you know how it is, some like 'em... some, not so much.

"Horses for courses" and all that jazz. :D

Have fun with it,

C