Can someone help me?

mwp1993

I am pretty sure they are the same guns, in different finishes. The receiver is the same shape, and the trigger guard, and the weight and capacity is all the same. So the guns are equal in performance, with the only difference being finish. The M2 is more weather proof. The montrefeltro is more beautiful.

thank you thank you so far and to MontefeltroPro i want to use the gun mainly for upland game and maybe a little bit of waterfowl but I have also been looking at the remington 11-87 supermag, how would this compare to the benelli's because they are similar in price??

thank you thank you so far and to MontefeltroPro i want to use the gun mainly for upland game and maybe a little bit of waterfowl but I have also been looking at the remington 11-87 supermag, how would this compare to the benelli's because they are similar in price??

the 11-87 supermag is junk, The benelli is not.

the 11-87 supermag is gas, the benelli is not.

the 11-87 supermag is easy to find parts for, the benelli is not.

the 11-87 supermag shoots 3 1/2, those to benelli's do not.

Upland game = Montefeltro. Waterfowl?... it would be good but the hard-core waterfowlers usually want something camo with a 3 1/2 shell capability. If you can settle for 3" shell shooting (or less), then again, it's Montefeltro. If you are are walking and carrying, as in quail, pheasant, chukkar, etc... the Montefeltro is much lighter than the others and you will get less tired. And, it has a five shot capacity (unlike the blessed new Vinci and the ultra-light). Here in Texas, we can carry five shots for upland game (but we have to plug to 3 for dove). Hope this helps (rather than "confuse").

Monty

The 11 87 is not junk IMO. It does have a heavy and over complicated gas system. The benellis are the way it should be, light, simple, and reliable. The monty has a 1 shot extra advantage, and 1 oz lighter. But the M2 has a price advantage, $200 cheaper when comparing the camo M2 to the fancy finished monty. IMO the camo M2 is more suited for hunting, especially for waterfowl and turkey, and cheaper. To answer your question, there is no performance difference at all, the factors you should now look at, are price and your prefference for looks.

Guest McDaddy

I agree that the 11-87 should not be considered as junk; however, I have shot an 11-87 over the last couple of years and just purchased my first Benelli. Although not a new model, I came across a great buy on a M1 which most closely resembles the new M2. After shooting 100 rounds with it today, it worked perfectly and IMHO shoots better than the Remington. In other words, NO JAMS, and cleaned up in about 10 minutes. Good luck with your decision but I would consider the Benelli. When I get a little extra $$, I am buying a Cordoba. That model swings better than any auto I have picked up.

I agree that the 11-87 should not be considered as junk; however, I have shot an 11-87 over the last couple of years and just purchased my first Benelli. Although not a new model, I came across a great buy on a M1 which most closely resembles the new M2. After shooting 100 rounds with it today, it worked perfectly and IMHO shoots better than the Remington. In other words, NO JAMS, and cleaned up in about 10 minutes. Good luck with your decision but I would consider the Benelli. When I get a little extra $$, I am buying a Cordoba. That model swings better than any auto I have picked up.

Same here with the Cordoba, my next clay and wing shooting shotgun will be a cordoba, or the current version of the Cordoba when I have the money. I am still happy with my M2, it is the most reliable semi auto I have ever shot.

The supermags are junk. They don't cycle 2 3/4 shells very well unless there hotter. From what I hear, the 3 inch 1187 will cycle better.

I guess the sbe should be considered as junk to because it has trouble cycling 1 oz light loads. Don't get me wrong though, I am not to happy about what remington is becoming. They are selling plastic guns and putting there name on walmart crap that I know for a fact isn't made by remington and the newer 870 s are rust prone and they put there name on a gun they didn't make. I wish they would cut it out and focus on making quality firearms like in the past. Remington still has quality to there name but like gmc, I don't like the way they are running things. If you would have said charles daly is junk I would have agreed.

I purchased an 11-87 Upland Special (straight English stock) back in 2001. The shotgun had a few factory flaws right off the bat. The tubuler magazine had a small dent about 2" into the tube and some very ragged burrs near the throat of the tube. This prevented the tube from being reloaded quickly and in some cases, not at all, plus completely chewed up the orange plastic shell follower. Since I was one week away from opening season, I made the repairs myself, and used a metal shell follower from an older Remington. After my repairs, the Remy worked perfectly. As in all modern Remingtons made with cheap manufacturing methods, the ejected shells receive burrs on the rims which need to be filed off if you reload or the shell is still live. The powder residue left on the gas system and mag tube is simply not to be believed after just 5 or 6 rounds. If after the hunt you enjoy sitting down and cleaning your weapon of choice, Remy's are good for you. And yes, I'm one of those crazy folks that like to spend 30 minutes in front of the TV cleaning my Remy's and reliving the days hunt. Their's just something about how a Remington looks and feels and when you get them working correctly, they are a dream (I'm hooked). HOWEVER, on most days when I just want to shoot and then get ready for the next days hunt, you'll see me with my Monty, day in and day out! Light, easy to carry, absolutely no issues ever and except for running a rag down the barrel every now and then, doesn't get cleaned until the season is over. Our Quail-Pheasent-Grouse season usually runs about 6 weeks. My Remy goes out about twice and the rest of the time it's me and my little Monty. Unless I'm hunting with a friend or two, then I use my special "show-off, never miss" CITORI Upland Special in 20 guage. But thats another story.

Cathy,

Coat all the areas of the gas path of your Remington with a thin coating of Break-Free CLP. That makes cleaning a snap.

Old trick from a trap shooter who used to shoot an 1100 for trap. Shooting it wet with CLP, I could go 500 shots without cleaning, and when I did clean, it took very little time.

I guess the sbe should be considered as junk to because it has trouble cycling 1 oz light loads. Don't get me wrong though, I am not to happy about what remington is becoming. They are selling plastic guns and putting there name on walmart crap that I know for a fact isn't made by remington and the newer 870 s are rust prone and they put there name on a gun they didn't make. I wish they would cut it out and focus on making quality firearms like in the past. Remington still has quality to there name but like gmc, I don't like the way they are running things. If you would have said charles daly is junk I would have agreed.

I didn't say 1 oz loads. The ones I've seen have trouble cycling 2 3/4 shells period.

Hi Timb99,

Actually, I already do that very thing. Learned that lesson with my 1100's. Keeps the fouling from caking on. The 11-87's have a stainless steel outer tube and the gas residue junk just wipes off. I also use 0000 steelwool for the spot just under the gas vent at the end of the season. Maybe if I wasn't watching TV while cleaning, it wouldn't take so long. Except for the problems I mentioned in my previous post, my 11-87 Special Field (20 guage) with it's 23 inch barrel and screw in chokes is one sweet shotgun perfectly made for Upland game shooting. I also make sure (as in all my Remington guns) that it's well oiled, especially the bolt and all rails. These Remy gas guns really know how to tame hard kicking shells. Still, they can't compare with my little Monty with it's slim stock and light weight for carrying around through the woods an entire day. Last year I added a sling to my 11-87 for those longer afternoons dealing with Pheasents (it's a secret so don't say anything). Some of my past hunting friends believe it's a sin to add a sling to a nice wood+blued steel field hunting instrument.