Federal FliteControl MOD or IC choke

cody6.0

I was just out playing with some Federal 00 Buck with the FC wad seeing how good they really are. So far I have just used the IC choke and was curious if anyone has ran these through a MOD choke and if so did the FC wad still do it's job.

Yup and it does its job through a standard Full choke as well. I never shot it through a .665 as the Tec from Federal stated you get the best results from a standard full. However, I did not notice any difference in my patterns with a Cyl, Mod or Full choke at my "max" HD range of 10 yards. At 30 yards the Full produced a slightly smaller pattern than the Cyl and Mod choke.

I tested the federal tactical flite control in my m4 with the modified choke. The patterns were very tight and half time the reduced recoil stuff ALMOST makes a single hole at 10 yards or so. The high velocity opened up the pattern a little bit to about the size of a fist . The reduced recoil stuff is almost too tight of a pattern for home defense imo so i like the full power stuff. Either way, the high velocity stuff still seems to shoot a tighter pattern than anything else ive tried including the hornady TAP...which i understand has the identical wad.....but is rated at 1600 fps...which is probably why the pattern opens up a bit...and also seems like it doubles the recoil. I would recommend trying them in your own shotgun to see what it likes...because they all seem to shoot different...which is why you will get so many opinions.

Edited by tinman1975

I am not really aiming to make the Federal FC stuff more accurate/tighter I just want to keep my modified tube in the gun. Since it is a multi role gun I just wanted to make sure that the MOD choke that I use for pest control and range time will work with the ammo I use for HD.

I was just out playing with some Federal 00 Buck with the FC wad seeing how good they really are. So far I have just used the IC choke and was curious if anyone has ran these through a MOD choke and if so did the FC wad still do it's job.

Oh sorry, when you said does the wad "do its job" I assumed you meant doing its job keeping the tightest possible pattern....which is the flite control claim to fame

No need to appologize because I really appreciate the input from all of you. Basically I was just trying to figure out if the modified choke deformed the FC wad or if it passes through ok.

Another day + more rounds produced a different result. I went to the range yesterday with 27 rounds of Federal LE127 instead of just six and took the shots at 10, 15 and 25 yards with a cyl, mod and full choke. The cyl and mod choke produced tighter patterns (no significant difference between those two) than the full. It appears the mod choke did not deform the FC wad in any way, shape or form. The full on the other hand, seemed to do just that; at least with my gun and on this occasion.