SBE Shooting High

NCSU

Read manual!

http://www.benelliusa.com/assets/manuals/Benelli_Super_Black_Eagle_II_manual.pdf

page 79 and a couple pages after explain what needs to be done well! I also would change front bead sight cause i can't see it becasue it's really dark and small to me!

That was the plan "B" part. Changing the front sight to a larger one. Either a bigger diameter fiber optic sight, such as the Easy Hit, or the larger sight used on the Novas. Good luck...

I just installed this one on my NEW Citori Satin Lightning 12 Ga.

http://www.hivizsights.com/Shotgun-BirdBuster-Magnetic-Sight-P86C1.aspx

will be a couple days before i shoot it but i have one similar to this on m SBEII and i made an adjustment to the drop that i need to double check same day i check my O/U!

Also need to shoot my NEW PX4 Storm 45 ACP since i have had it for some time and not been out to shoot yet, i think i need to do some trap shooting also so i will spend all day or until the wind comes up on range! Might as well sight in my 243 for some Federal 85 grain Barnes X's for a Colorado Turkey hunt coming up during my cow elk scouting trip!:D

I have a SBE that is shooting high.

It has the standard shim kit in it.

What do I need to do to get it to shoot lower.

Thanks for your help.

My Dad's SBE shoots high as well, I believe most Benelli's shoot high so that you can shoot and still see the bird, but it can take some time to get used to. Personally my SuperNova has one of the larger sights like the one HOGWILD recommended and it shoots dead on. Having a larger site that is raised up slightly does compensate for that higher shot. Believe me I was frustrated with my Dad's SBE last week shooting clays after switching from my SuperNova but once I got the hang of and adjusted my shots I had a lot of fun. Best of luck, let us know what you do and how if it improves.

I just got done shooting my new Vinci. With the "C" shim in it, it shoots 6'' - 8'' high at 20 yards. I will buy a 3mm easy hit this weekend and see how much that helps the situation. It was dead nuts left and right. I might need something 3.5mm, we will see.

Jeez that sounds awful. Best of luck with your Vinci, this is the first bad news I have heard about them.

To lower your POI, you can either lower your rear sight (a.k.a. your eye) by lowering the comb, or raise your front sight.

I don't know much about Benelli's, but assuming it has shims that go between the receiver and the stock, if it has a shim that is thick at the top and thin at the bottom, that'd be a good one to try.

To lower your POI, you can either lower your rear sight (a.k.a. your eye) by lowering the comb, or raise your front sight.

I don't know much about Benelli's, but assuming it has shims that go between the receiver and the stock, if it has a shim that is thick at the top and thin at the bottom, that'd be a good one to try.

Iv'e got the thickest shim in, so the only option left is to raise the front sight. They do put a Nova style bead on the Vinci, so it is larger than normal to begin with. I put an easy hit on a SBE ll that helped to lower it's P.O.I. The easy hit is a touch larger (3mm),than the original. Hope it is enough to offset the high P.O.I. Thanks for the input.