Benelli M1/Beretta 1201FP recoil spring assembly

oledug

I’ve recently acquired an early model Beretta 1201FP (which I’m presuming is the same as the Benelli M1 in this area) and want to remove the stock retaining nut screw from the end of the recoil spring assembly. Unfortunately, this doesn’t have the nut attached to the screw (ie: it is just a threaded section protruding from the end of the recoil spring tube assembly). Somebody has already had a go at this with pliers or Vice Grips and has damaged the screw threads, so I’d ultimately like to replace it. I’ve heated it up with a heat gun and tried with some padded pliers but it just won't budge.

I know this has been addressed before but just wondered whether anyone had any further advice with regard to removing the screw without further damage?

Will a new Benelli part #60246 (which I gather has the 17mm nut on it) fit my tube and stock?

Thanks

oledug