Best combo 4 slugging

ishootkittens

haha yeah.. those accutips tumbled hard at about 50 yards out of my smoothbore, those damn buckhammers left holes the size of a half dollar, but without rifling they were just a hunk of lead floating in the air. i wouldnt trust them when mentioning distance. I hope the BM and the federal truballs pattern better! freakin waste of money was exactly what those accutips were!

Those Black Magics are great for 100 yards and under. Your going to have fun with them. When do you get them again?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i would love to reach out and touch something at 100 yards! if it stays in a 3 inch group at 80 yards, ill be fine and set in concrete the slugs ill be using come oct. 31! (deer season) ill be gettin em sometime next week.

Nice, If your gun patterns anything like mine than you should get 1/2" groups out to 50 yards and beyond! When I tried the 2-3/4" Black Magics I got 1" groups but with a little tinkering I am sure I could get them closer. Best of Luck with the GREAT White Tailed Deer! You should have a bunch down there considering your in the south and all. Can't wait to see your harvests this year!

Have fun and be Safe!:D

sir, i am a redneck.hahaha i live on the border of kentucky... but I live in virginia thank god.. thats pretty redneck tho.. i like it.

Like I told you before I got some redneck in me. HaHAhaHa...

picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=197

I am the one on the right, my brother is on the left. This is down in some of our Gravel Pits, Where we like to play and do all of our pattern testing and other fun stuff!

Gents, thanks for all the info on the slug combos. I just picked up a M4 and hope to run some Black Magic before I go deer hunting. Which one would you run in a M4 with the modified choke (2 3/4" or 3")? Any major difference in recoil? Thanks and keep the info coming.

Gents, thanks for all the info on the slug combos. I just picked up a M4 and hope to run some Black Magic before I go deer hunting. Which one would you run in a M4 with the modified choke (2 3/4" or 3")? Any major difference in recoil? Thanks and keep the info coming.

I would reccomend the 2-3/4" on deer. There is a minor difference in felt recoil between the two, the 2-3/4" being slightly less, but I did notice that it shot slightly higher than the 3".

You are going to have fun shooting them out of the M4. You may want to shoot them out of an IC choke instead of the M but that is my opinion.

Happy Hunting!:D

Ordered some 2 3/4 Black Magic and a Carlson's IC choke today. Can't wait to shoot em and bag a deer. A lot cheaper than killing them with a car!

Awww man if you can, cancel your order for the IC choke, unless you don't have one, which you should have got one with your gun. See if you can change your order to a rifled choke, you will get much better results with much better accuracy! They take a day sometimes less sometimes more, so I would call them if that is a change that you want to make. If you don't have an IC choke well you should have one in your collection, but the rifled choke with your scope is going to give you the ability to reach out and touch something.

I am so sorry if I misled you by saying go with a IC choke instead of Modified, I just figured you had the IC. Check your chokes and if you need to make the change give them a call, don't do email because you will literally get Mr. Carlson on the phone if you desire, they are really good over there with customer service and you will correct anything that has not been shipped yet.

Good Luck! Let me know how everything Goes! Sorry if I just had you waste money on an IC....I should have just reccomended the rifled choke from the get go...Its what we are using with the Black Magics and other Brenneke Products!

Keep us Posted

Tyson

No worries Tyson. I got a gift card from Cabela's and didn't spend a dime. I only received the choke that came on the M4 so picking up a rifled choke later is not a problem. Thanks again for all the great info and hope to get a range report in asap. What distance do you gents sight in your slugs? I probably won't push beyond 50 around here.

No worries Tyson. I got a gift card from Cabela's and didn't spend a dime. I only received the choke that came on the M4 so picking up a rifled choke later is not a problem. Thanks again for all the great info and hope to get a range report in asap. What distance do you gents sight in your slugs? I probably won't push beyond 50 around here.

You will want to start in close and get it on the paper, move back gradually until you reach your desired distance. The 3" Black Magics should be sighted in at 88 yards for ideal use (70 yards for the 2-3/4"). If you sight it in for 88 yards you will know exactly where you will hit on the animal from muzzle to 100 yards. Here is the link to show you what I mean:

For the 3" Black Magics

http://www.brennekeusa.com/web/text/magnum12.html

For the 2-3/4" Black Magics

http://www.brennekeusa.com/web/text/magnum_short12.html

Happy Hunting! :D

Thanks for the info gents. Just received the Black Magic and IC choke from Cabela's. Dang they're fast! I'm keeping the IC choke to build up my collection. I'll let you know how the Black Magics group in the M4 with the rifle choke. I don't have a scope yet but may just go with the ghost ring sights.