(((( my best benelli to date ))))

goose2

I finally got to give my Vinci a test. You got it, the dove season opener. I have owned and shot many Benelli shotguns and to date the Vinci is the best most complete shotgun Benelli has offered me. I am speech less on how good I shot that thing. It must fit me just wright. It worked flawless with little to no recoil. I used to think the Vinci was an ugly duckling but they way it shoots and handles made me think the looks are spectacular. I know a lot of people think the Vinci is ugly, but before you pass judgment on it please try and put some rounds through it. I am quite sure you will be amazed as I was.:D

I finally got to give my Vinci a test. You got it, the dove season opener. I have owned and shot many Benelli shotguns and to date the Vinci is the best most complete shotgun Benelli has offered me. I am speech less on how good I shot that thing. It must fit me just wright. It worked flawless with little to no recoil. I used to think the Vinci was an ugly duckling but they way it shoots and handles made me think the looks are spectacular. I know a lot of people think the Vinci is ugly, but before you pass judgment on it please try and put some rounds through it. I am quite sure you will be amazed as I was.:D

Mine shoots high.That's a Benelli deal and it gets me crazy!!!

I am 6' 7'' inches tall. Probably the root of my problem. Great for changing light bulbs though!!!

I'm 6' 6" and had a funny situation at a local indoor range. I'm shooting pistols at 7 yards to practice for my concealed carry permit and one of the counter guys comes out and taps me on the shoulder and tells me to put down my weapon. He explains that my shots are hitting the floor before hitting the backstop and insists I shoot higher on the target. I'm shooting at standard silhouette targets, aiming for center mass, and there's no way to move them higher up on the target holder. I start looking at the shooting angles and realize that at my height I'm going to be hitting the floor unless I shoot the target in the head or move it out another 8 yards. I want to qualify at the distance I'll be tested on so I opt to paste a 8" Shoot N C target over the head of my silhouette and resume shooting. After two mags a different guy comes out and taps me on the shoulder and points to a sign on the wall that reads "No Head Shots".

If you see a news story about a home invasion in Ohio, where the perp was shot repeatedly in the throat, you'll know it was me.:p

Edited by OhioM4

Mine shoots high.That's a Benelli deal and it gets me crazy!!!
Put a magnetic Hi-Viz sight on the end. They are a little taller than the stock bead. When you line up the center bead with the end bead it will lower your point of impact. Just a trick I learned many years ago. I did not have to do that with mine. It shoots fantastic for me with the beads that come with the gun.:D

If your a trap shooter you love guns that shoot high.

it helps you keep your eye on the target without covering it up with the bead.

Spot

I don't shoot competitive trap. I grew up hunting partridge in northern Wi. The shots are in heavy cover and are fast and furious. The gun has shoot where it is pointed, not 8'' above. You would never hit one, except by mistake. If I ordered a trap gun, I would expect it to shoot high. Field grade guns don't. This is my 7th Benelli. 4 of them shot dead nuts. My SBE l shot 12'' low and 8'' right. Put a red dot on it for turkey only, no big deal. My SBE ll shot 12-14'' high. Sent it back and they took care of it. The Vinci shoots 6-8'' high. Does not work for me. It is close enough where a larger front sight will take care of it. I guess it is all in what you are used to. I have been shooting for 40 some years, with guns that shoot where I point. To late to change, for me at least. Boom, Boom, Boom...

• 1 month later...

Hognuts, how did the taller sight work for you, did it lower your point of impact enough? Is it shooting dead nuts?

I have a Vinci, I've shot about 8 boxes of shells and its been flawless other than the fact that it shoots 8" too high. I'm only considering working with with this gun, because I like it so much! When I first shot the gun I was just shocked because they promote it as a field shotgun, not a trap gun!

My other guns shoot dead nuts exactly where I point them and after 25 years I'm probably not going to want to re-learn.

That being said, and this is kind of funny, I took the Vinci for trap, and I haven't shot trap for ten years, after a few boxes I was getting 23 out of 25 clays and this was with mounting the gun for every shot as a hunter would do in the field for quail. That being said, I went quail hunting and I was missing what I would call pretty easy shots that I would never miss with my other 12 gauge guns. I need this gun to shoot were I point it.

Right now I have the "CDX" shim in it and that seemed to lower the POI the most, but I can't get it to shot any lower. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm 6' 6" and had a funny situation at a local indoor range. I'm shooting pistols at 7 yards to practice for my concealed carry permit and one of the counter guys comes out and taps me on the shoulder and tells me to put down my weapon. He explains that my shots are hitting the floor before hitting the backstop and insists I shoot higher on the target. I'm shooting at standard silhouette targets, aiming for center mass, and there's no way to move them higher up on the target holder. I start looking at the shooting angles and realize that at my height I'm going to be hitting the floor unless I shoot the target in the head or move it out another 8 yards. I want to qualify at the distance I'll be tested on so I opt to paste a 8" Shoot N C target over the head of my silhouette and resume shooting. After two mags a different guy comes out and taps me on the shoulder and points to a sign on the wall that reads "No Head Shots".

If you see a news story about a home invasion in Ohio, where the perp was shot repeatedly in the throat, you'll know it was me.:p

What, are head-shots non-PC at your range? Weak.