Beretta Optima Plus Choke Tube in a Benelli???

Devlin

Ok so here's the story I dropped by my local gun shop to pick up one of the new Black Cloud choke tubes to try in my Benelli. The sales guy tells me they only have the Beretta Optima Plus tube and it will work no problem....I'm a little skeptical at first but then he opens the package and screws the Beretta choke tube into SBEII with no issues whatsoever.

Took it home and it screws into my SBEII with no issues either.

Haven't had a chance to go out and shoot it but does anyone here see a problem with this, I'm beginning to have second thoughts using this in my Benelli.

Thoughts?

For a lot of chokes they say on the packaging that they fit the Beretta and Benelli. I think it has to do with the barrel's inside diameter and threading. You should not have any problems, I use a Carlson's choke that said on the package that it fits both Beretta and Benelli guns and I haven't had any problems but let's see what others have to say.

Ok thanks guys, try this on for size...I called the 1-800 number on the package for Carlsons and figure I'll end up talking to one of their customer service types or end up in voice mail **** of some sort. Not the case at all it turns out, first ring an actual live person answers the phone and wasn't a 100% sure and asks if I'll hang on a second while they go get "Scott".

Less than a minute later I'm talkin choke tubes directly with Scott Carlson and he advised similiar to what other's have posted here that they are interchangeable systems as Beretta is the parent company of Benelli or some sort of major shareholder in it I guess. Scott was awesome to speak with and we ended up talking hunting and shotguns for about 10 minutes. Outstanding customer service!!!

Ok thanks guys, try this on for size...I called the 1-800 number on the package for Carlsons and figure I'll end up talking to one of their customer service types or end up in voice mail **** of some sort. Not the case at all it turns out, first ring an actual live person answers the phone and wasn't a 100% sure and asks if I'll hang on a second while they go get "Scott".

Less than a minute later I'm talkin choke tubes directly with Scott Carlson and he advised similiar to what other's have posted here that they are interchangeable systems as Beretta is the parent company of Benelli or some sort of major shareholder in it I guess. Scott was awesome to speak with and we ended up talking hunting and shotguns for about 10 minutes. Outstanding customer service!!!

I have that the same experiances you are talking about. There great.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good when the boss takes time to advise.

Had the same happen with (ok multiple e mail ) Jeff Halger over sure cycle, good old US of A service !!:D