Does Ammo Go Bad?

tyson129

My friend and I are having a debate about ammo going bad. She has a bag of old 12 GA Ammo that she was going to throw out and I asked her if I could have it. She said they were no good because they were too old. I said that the ammo looked fine and was wondering what you guys had to say on this topic. If you say ammo goes bad please list your reasons and be specific. I cant see why it would be bad, **** a little corrosion could come off with a tiny bit of work. Any ways let me know so we can settle this debate and hopefully I can take a big bag of "bad" ammo off her hands. Thanks everyone :)

If the ammo was kept dry, and away from oil, they will undoubtedly shoot. Make sure that the brass is not corroded to a point that it would be a danger to shoot. A little tarnish would be acceptable, but corroded to a point where the metal is rotting would not be a wise move. You are not really saving if you blow your action apart and lose an eye or two in the process. If they are old and clean, no problem..

If the ammo was kept dry, and away from oil, they will undoubtedly shoot. Make sure that the brass is not corroded to a point that it would be a danger to shoot. A little tarnish would be acceptable, but corroded to a point where the metal is rotting would not be a wise move. You are not really saving if you blow your action apart and lose an eye or two in the process. If they are old and clean, no problem..

Thanks man, a little dirt and grime shouldn't be a problem though right, I mean I could just wash it off a little. Is there a problem with a little oil? **** with reloads you usually roll the brass in a little oil anyways right?

Thanks for your reply I will pick through it and take the good stuff. :D